“nice hotel with great location”

Drury Plaza Hotel St. Louis at the Arch
Ranked #11 of 120 Hotels in Saint Louis
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“nice hotel with great location”
Reviewed June 10, 2011

We stayed at the Drury Plaza Hotel on our first trip to St. Louis. I read other people's comments on tripadvisor and thought it'd be worth giving this place a shot. The free breakfast and happy hour snacks/drinks are a great perk for staying here.

It is true that this hotel is extremely family-friendly, so if you're looking for a place for a romantic getaway this is not the place for you. We didn't mind the family-friendliness of the hotel because we planned on doing a lot throughout the city during the day and going out to dinner at night, which left us at the hotel to, basically, sleep. The location of this hotel is fantastic. It's a block or so from the arch and a few blocks from the cardinal's stadium.

One recommendation I would give travelers is to stay on a lower floor. The elevators can take a lot of time, so it was nice to take the stairs if necessary. The other benefit of a lower floor is that it's further away from the smoking rooms (those are on the 9th and 10th floor). We started out on the 8th floor, which is right below the smoking floors and had to be moved almost immediately because the smell of cigarette smoke was coming down through the vents in our room. The only other thing that was difficult was finding a cab because the hotel doesn't have a designated doorman.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank 10162012abn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (350)
  • Czech first
Los Altos, California
Reviewed June 8, 2011

My husband and I recently stayed at the Drury and found it to be a terrific value - the service was friendly and helpful, the extras were wonderful (free cocktails, hearty appetizers and a full breakfast), the location terrific (close to the Cardinals Stadium, the Arch and waterfront park), parking garage easy to use and the room comfortable and clean however smallish. We would definitely wound return if in the area again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Traveler586
Reviewed June 8, 2011

I loved pretty everything about my Stay at the arch! The Scottrade Center is about 3/4 of a mile right up the road from our hotel, My sister and I went there for two days, and when you walk in, the lobby looks amazing, and check-in was smooth as could be. The rooms were clean, I liked the bed, my (sister didn't so much). What I didn't like was the alarm clock wasn't plugged in, and I had to move the dresser out from the wall to get it plugged in. Housekeeping was about four rooms away from us when we went to the pool, and we stayed there for about two hours, and when we got back they still hadn't gotten to our room. I don't know if thats unrealistic, but about ten minutes later (just enough time for one of us to get into the shower) they came and knocked to come clean, so we just had towels taken out and the sink area cleaned up. The kickback was nice, but at one point, they were out of a good portion of the selection of food items when we got there in the middle of it. they eventually got more out, but we didn't even bother going to it the second night we were there. If I had any other complaint, it would be that My room, I don't remember the number, just had a view of another hotel. I would have liked to been able to see the Arch from my window. So all in all, very small problems, but things that would have just taken my stay over the top! We didn't get a chance to eat at the

Room Tip: ask for a room with a view of the Arch
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank mtrumantigeru
georgetown, ky
Reviewed June 8, 2011

We stayed at the Drury Plaza for our first trip to St. Louis and it was well worth it. Great location near the Arch and ballpark. Robyn was wonderful to recommend places to eat and provide directions. Will definitely stay there when we come back!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank mcclain1992
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed June 7, 2011

Love this hotel. We booked this hotel for a group of 28 to visit the City Museum. It was great minutes away. The lobby is beautiful and the breakfast and dinner, a nice benefit to the cost. For the cost, with both meals included, a family of 4 saves a lot of money. The free alcoholic beverages and soft drinks are a nice addition too. They had a nice pool for the kids (max depth was 4 ft) and 2 hot tubes. We were not total pleased with the menu selecting, 2 nights of Mexican food. Not good after being confined to a small room. But I don't suspect this to be the case every night. The front staff was wonderful. The parking was a little weird. I had to park 2 block away at a public parking area. I understand that, with limited parking at the hotel. But when I found out that some of our group came in earlier that day and parked at the hotel, and 2 families that booked the same day of arrival parked at the hotel, I felted a little cheated. When I inquired why, and requested to move, they said parking was limited and they only had a few spots left. I got the feeling that they wanted to save those spots for someone more important.
Since this is a smoking/non smoking hotel, in the non smoking room, you could smell air freshener like they were trying to cover up the smoke smell (I am very sensitive to cigarette smoke). But over all not that bad.

Room Tip: Ask for esaver rate, $25 deposit lost if canceled
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Edwin R
Chicago burbs
Reviewed June 7, 2011

We only stayed 2 nights in St. Louis but the Drury was perfect! The fact that you get 2 hot meals included in the price of the is great, but also the location was just as good. Easy walking distance to most major attractions, Memorial Park, LaCleeds Landing, casino and the Stadium, all easy to get to!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RubyJean2u
Henderson
Reviewed June 6, 2011

Great hotel, great staff and lots of GOOD free food for breakfast and dinner. A short two block walk to the ballpark.

Room Tip: You can't go wrong here.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple