“Very Disappointed”

Cuisines: German
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I sometimes feel that these website ratings aren't accurate, yet I'm addicted to looking at them. So if you're like me and you're heavily swayed by what people say on here but go in with an open mind, I can tell you my experience at Bevo Mill was just like everyone elses on here. Disappointing. We used a Groupon, thankfully because NEVER in a million years would I have paid the full price for 2 to eat brunch there. The food was VERY salty and the best part was the cake-yes I had to eat CAKE at 10:30 AM in order to fulfill my experience there because it was not met by the meal. French toast almost broke my teeth off it was so hard-who has HARD French toast!? Honestly, I could have gone a block away and had a much better feel for 1/4th the price. I never write reviews online but definitely felt the need to after this one.

4  Thank Rebeccav205

Reviewed May 11, 2013

I bought the Groupon deal for the breakfast buffet. You cannot show up without a reservation so no last minute decision about going there. I tried to call on Saturday evening to make a reservation for the next morning, but the posted phone number on the coupon and on their website is for the office, not the restaurant. The office hours are Monday thru Friday 8:00am to 4:00pm. Then when I called the office to make reservations for the next Sunday, I was told there were no openings for the next couple of weeks and then because there were only two of us, we would be seated at a large table with others. I eat out a lot and have never had to jump through hoops like this before!! I've never heard of a restaurant that doesn't have a phone and I've never been treated the way I was by this restaurant. They clearly run things to their benefit and not the customer's. I was so angry with the whole situation that I cancelled my reservation and forfeited the coupon. I will never buy another Groupon deal from them, and will never attempt to eat there again. They clearly don't care about their customers.

5  Thank STLDiner
Reviewed April 22, 2013

This is my second time trying to go to Bevo Mill for Sunday brunch. Called on a Monday to try to make a reservation but could not get in. I was told they would have some table for walk ins or possibly we could sit outside (love this idea). So we headed to Bevo Mill arriving at 10:30am. Boy were we in for a surprise.

There were at least 25 people waiting to be seated (walk in's), by the way, no waiting area or bar so you are constantly in the way with no place to sit. I finally get to the host who says it is an hour wait. As I look around 90% of the tables are empty and there are more people standing waiting than are seated or in the buffet line.

I was told that it was because they had coupons expiring. I was also told that they had seated the first 60 walk-in's downstairs. Too bad my date had gone downstairs to the restroom and told me there were also 25 people tops down there with at least half the tables open. I really don't appreciate being lied too.

It was so bad we left with out being seated.

Our previous visit was about the same but we had decided to give them one more try. Beign from St. Louis I remember and enjoyed the previous Bevo Mill.

WILL NEVER DO THAT AGAIN. Our experience the first time also was filled with tables sitting empty for an hour but being told they could not seat us due to being full with reservations. We were told 45-hour wait but ended up waiting 1.5 hours. No where to sit and had to share the one walk-in designated table with strangers. This is a terrible managed place.

The food was ok but not worth the hassle. Have found several other places that are much better, great service and have better locations in south St. Louis.

TRIED IT TWICE - WE ARE NOW DONE.

BEWARE IF YOU BUY A COUPON> I believe they sell the groupons/living social to get cash then make it impossible to redeem them for the deal. You then lose the promo value because you can never get in and are stuck with the paid value you still need to use. They even have a page on their website on what to do if you end up not being able to use your coupon.

3  Thank StLouTraveller
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Our group of 6 decided to have brunch last Sunday at the Bevo. We had reservations and was seated promptly. The waiter was very knowledgeable and friendly. There were lots of choices for both breakfast and lunch and the food was plentiful, unlike some reviews I have read in the past. We were all satisfied with the selections. The architecture is beautiful and made a lovely backdrop for a leisurely Sunday brunch. We will be going back again. Only negative, the waiter was not very attentive at removing dirty plates and refills on drinks. I do not like having dirty plates piled up on the table. It seems since they are not taking food orders, delivering orders etc. they would have to time for these details. That was the only thing that prevented me from giving the Bevo a rating of 5.

2  Thank Broker_1
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I was suppose to have my wedding reception at Bevo Mill. ONE WEEK before my wedding they closed without notice. We were out $3500! Yes $3500! We have never been refunded and the food was awful. So sad and disappointing! Almost ruined my big day! Do not go there!

1  Thank Leelee1978