“Old School Downtown St. Louis”

The Hotel Majestic St. Louis
Ranked #80 of 123 Hotels in Saint Louis
Reviewed March 26, 2014

The Omni Majestic is an old ornate downtown building that houses a very nice hotel. The woodwork and natural stone that complement the lobby and restaurant seem like a throwback to a more elaborate time. When checking in the staff was extremely polite and helpful. The room was a good size with what seemed to be newer carpet and some 'antique' furniture. The king bed was comfortable and had numerous pillow options. Heavy drapery could be slid over to cover the windows and block out any street noise and the view of the opposing high-rises. The television was a flat-screen tube model, didn't bother me one bit but some may be tv snobs...
The bathroom was nicely decorated but not overly ornate and everything worked well. The free internet access is a plus and the fitness room was adequate with elliptical and treadmill in good working order. This was actually one of my favorite hotels that I've visited in downtown St. Louis. It has the vintage charm that it should with the amenities that I need when traveling for work.

Room Tip: The hotel has a shuttle service that will take you to/from Hockey,Baseball or Football games. They h...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank Osp98
Omni_Manager, Manager at The Hotel Majestic St. Louis, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

Thanks for taking the time to post a review. We’re glad you appreciated the décor and size of your room. It’s great to hear we’re one of your favorite hotels in downtown St. Louis. We hope to see you again next time you’re in town.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
3  Thank Rachel H
Reviewed March 18, 2014

convenient location to downtown, with all sites within walking distance. the entire staff... front desk, restaurant, drivers, valet, etc. will make you feel right at home. I travel alot for work and haven't had an experience like this in years. Everyone that was in my party felt the same way - Great Job Omni!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts
3  Thank Cory J
Reviewed March 18, 2014

The building needs updated with repairs. The room we were in originally leaked from broken water pipes above the room, we got moved to another room. The second room I was charged the same amount but was smaller than the first room. The staff is very friend and helpful, but the building needs help. There are items that can be purchased online like a beer tasting, which I did, and it was never delivered to the room.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Noel W
Omni_Manager, Manager at The Hotel Majestic St. Louis, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

We’re sorry that your original room had water leaking from pipes. This winter has been particularly hard on our plumbing system as it’s been one of the harshest on record in some decades. This has definitely played a factor in some of the building’s plumbing issues. We have fixed each issue as it’s come up and will continue to address any complaints as we reach warmer temperatures.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

I stayed here after getting a room from Priceline, and I was severely disappointed. 2Midwest reports bath robes and 4 cup coffee maker -- I had neither. Instead, I had a room with many downsides:

* The TV was pathetic.
* There should have been a refrigerator in the room. (There was a space for one, but it wasn't there...?)
* Valet parking only was inconvenient and very expensive.
* I couldn't switch to a room with two beds without essentially doubling my rate, because of their room-change fee.
* The room was small.
* The bed was terribly uncomfortable.

There were a few positives:
The staff members were very nice in our limited interactions. I also liked that I could get free Internet during my stay. We were close to the MetroLink, which was nice, but not terribly close to downtown attractions (I've stayed closer).

Overall, this was an adequate but not impressive (or, frankly, worth it) hotel. I'm glad I got a reasonably good deal on Priceline, but next time I will just pay the full price to stay somewhere better downtown. It's too risky to bid on Priceline with this hotel in the mix.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

We apologize that you had a disappointing experience with us. However when booking on Priceline, we can’t guarantee a room with double beds, as the rate we can get for those rooms is higher than our standard rooms. As far as the room being uncomfortable, we have Serta pillow top mattresses in all our rooms, and the amenities in our smaller rooms are the same level of comfort as our larger rooms. We’re sorry if they were lacking. There are multiple self-parking options near the hotel. We do have bathrobes in our rooms. If you didn’t have one, we are happy to provide one.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

Stayed here after using Priceline. Got a great rate for a Sunday Monday stay. Historic hotel. Nice room including the bath robe. Best of all, unlike most hotel chains, you get a 4 cup coffee maker! Almost unheard off any more. Free apple at check in. Comfortable bed. Quiet corner room facing north was nice. Walked to Art Gallery Coffee Shop (3 blocks west) for breakfast. Dinner at nearby Culinaria gourmet grocery store. Toured historic library - a Beaux Art Gems. Walked to hotel from the St. Louis Gateway Amtrak Greyhound MetroLink. Hotel had free shuttle which I used to go to my conference at the Hilton at the Ballpark. Note: business center has pay to use computer unless you are printing a boarding pass.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank 2Midwest
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Before staying here, you should know that the Omni Majestic is an old hotel; more than 100 years old, in fact. And, like in most old hotels, some of the furniture and fittings are a bit worn, and it isn't flashy. Personally, I love the old oak and marble, the high ceilings, and the charming ambience. The Omni Majestic has a great location, and you can easily walk to almost any of the downtown attractions St. Louis has to offer. It is only two blocks from the Metro stop at 8th & Pine, so you can take that for more distant excursions. The only problem I encountered here was that when I checked in I was given Room 903. When I got off the elevator, I couldn't find it. There was a sign with an arrow pointing to 901 - 905, but it pointed to a blank wall. After a few minutes of wandering around, I encountered a couple looking for 901. We flagged down a hotel employee who told us we were in the Majestic Suites. There is an unmarked door (not in the direction the sign was pointing) with a tiny sign over it that says "Majestic Suites," but with no room numbers. It was locked, but the employee went downstairs and returned with the key and let us in. Behind the door was another corridor.

My room was very nice and immaculately clean. The bathroom was large, and had gold-plated plumbing fixtures. The gold-plating was worn through in several places, but this didn't bother me. As others have noted, the TV was small, but it worked perfectly. The bed was very comfortable. There was no mini-bar, microwave or refrigerator. Again, this didn't matter to me in the slightest, but I mention it for the benefit of those who might expect such amenities. One of the nice things about this hotel is that it has a shuttle that will take you anywhere you want to go within the immediate area; I took it to the Lumiere Casino and the driver was very nice, and even offered to come back and pick me up later if I wanted.

There is a very nice restaurant and bar just off the lobby. I didn't eat there, but did have a glass of wine at the bar. The price was quite reasonable, especially to someone used to Chicago tariffs.

I wouldn't describe the Omni Majestic as a luxury hotel, but it is a more than adequate hotel, and the staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. I really enjoyed my stay here, and in view of the very modest rate I paid, I'd consider it a real bargain! Would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo