“Second visit here” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #38 of 120 Hotels in Saint Louis
Michigan City, Indiana
“Second visit here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

As in a previous visit, the hotel staff was very courteous and pleasant. This visit was winter weekend, and there seemed to be a lot of empty rooms. Ours was at the end of the hall, with a cold drafty bath and disappointing shower. Oddly, at checkout, no one even asked or seemed interested. Perhaps the bum's rush because we booked on Expedia? I recommend, if you find a great deal here. But other downtown hotels are more convenient for walking. Positive note: nice bartender, negative note: high priced drinks.

Room Tip: I wish that I knew. We had much better luck last summer.
    • 5 of 5 stars
Omni_Manager, Manager at The Hotel Majestic St. Louis, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
We apologize for the drafty bathroom and room that we assigned you to during your stay. If your room isn't satisfactory and we have availability, then we are happy to accommodate a room change.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Wow, great reviews and happy guests! I stayed at the hotel with Trafalgar tours. It was a week before my birthday and imagine my surprise when I checked into my room & found a slice of beautiful chocolate cake and a card signed by all the staff! That was awesome I went down to reception to thank the staff and I said to them how did you know? The concierge just grinned and said we like keeping our guests happy. Very comfy beds and overall great service

• Stayed July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
Omni_Manager, Manager at The Hotel Majestic St. Louis, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
What can we say? We like to celebrate birthdays. We're glad we were able to make you feel at home and that you enjoyed the comfortable beds. Please come back next time you're in St. Louis.
Hallsville, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

Check in is different as it is done with a standard level desk with guests seated in wingback chairs. A nice touch from others. This hotel is an historic building with fabulous woodwork throughout. Grand hotels such as this glow with a patina that just keeps getting better with age. The service staff is also from that bygone age from the concierge to the bartenders and servers, who actually want you to be happy. I was happy enough to join the rewards program.

Room Tip: Bathrooms may be a bit tight for handicapped guests.
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

It is the staff that makes this historic hotel. I am a black level GHA member and they upgraded me to the boardroom suite. Huge room with comfy king bed, mini fridge, 2 bathrooms, couch and 2 televisions. Every staff member always called me by name, were fun to chat with and offered great advice on the area. The car service is awesome. They will take you anywhere within 3 miles, so you do not have to keep pulling car out of valet. The bar had some cool woodwork in it, a pool table and the tendets pour a good drink. If you can appreciate a hotel with history and a staff who aims to please, this is for you. I highly recommend and will definately be back the next time I go to see the Cards.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank flamingoluvr
Omni_Manager, Manager at The Hotel Majestic St. Louis, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Thanks for being a loyal GHA member. We greatly appreciate your comments about the Omni Majestic and are so glad your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again when baseball season starts.
Ames, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

We had a very nice stay at the Omni Majestic. The room was clean and comfortable. The front desk staff was very helpful when we had questions. The bar pours a good, strong drink! The bed was large and comfy, I felt like Goldilocks. We opted to do our own on-street parking and our vehicle was ok all weekend. I had joined their loyalty program (which was free to sign-up), so we had free wi-fi and morning drinks delivered to our room. There were just a few things that were not great about the room. The bathroom (especially the toilet/shower area) are pretty small, but I do understand that the Omni Majestic is a historic hotel, so that can't be helped. The tvs were ok, but the reception was fairly poor. Maybe I'm spoiled by HD at my own home, but ugh! We were in town for an NFL game and the walk to the Edward Jones dome took only about 5 minutes, which was really nice. I was a little concerned when I saw our room was by the elevator, but we never had any noise issues with that. Overall, we would probably book a room here again the next time we are in town.

1 Thank jessiejoelle
Carmel, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

Became somewhat "stuck" in St. Louis for Thanksgiving and found a jewel of a hotel ... The Omni Majestic Hotel. The property itself is amazingly beautiful and it feels like stepping back in time to the luxury hotels of a day long since passed. The rooms are well maintained, very clean, and make you feel welcome. The beds are very comfortable and the hotel in its enitirety is very quiet. It sits in the heart of downtown but you feel very removed from the city, in a good way.

The breakfast skillets are very tasty and the staff at the Mahogany Grille in the lobby are amazing. Jacqueline was our server several times and she is friendly, professional, and just an all around nice person. I would recommend the grilled cheese sandwhich with bacon and the hot wings are also very good.

Staff here are amazing. Many thanks to Matthew, Emily, Michelle, John, Pamela, and everyone else. Staff here go out of their way to make you feel welcome and comfortable. They are very courteous, friendly, professional and willing to assist no matter what hour of the day it might be. This Omni knocked Omni CNN Center down a notch for me and has now become my absolute favorite Omni location.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank ScottHSH
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We're glad we could make you comfortable during your stay. We'll pass along your comments to the whole team, and we're happy to be your new favorite Omni. Come back soon.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Sometimes businesses have to deal with situations where regardless of their best efforts, things go wrong. The key is how the business re-acts when these situations occur. This was my case in my recent stay at the Omni Majestic. I did everything right... I made my reservation weeks in advance, my flight into St. Louis was going to be late...so I called and my file was updated to reflect a late arrival. All set... I arrive at the hotel at about 11:45pm and was informed at that late hour (after a full day of travelling)... something went wrong with my reservation and the hotel was completely booked and my room for the first night of my week's stay was gone!
They were trying to call me all day (but I had spent much of the day in flight)... However, they were very apologetic and determine to make it right. They had made me a reservation at the down town Hilton. They got a cab to take me to the Hilton and I was surprised at the efforts they took to show their regret for what had happened. I was picked up the next day and returned to the Omni where I was hosted like a king for the remainder of the week. Upgraded room, fresh fruits in my room, water, (I had the option for wine but I don't drink), complementary breakfast everyday. It was like every staff in the hotel knew what had happened to me and everyone was doing everything to show their regret. So they got something wrong but I was truly impressed at the efforts that went into making up for their error.

I will definitely be staying again...

Room Tip: Sign up for the Select Guest program for extra benefits...especially the complementary Wifi.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank sportstersportster
Omni_Manager, Manager at The Hotel Majestic St. Louis, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
We apologize for having to relocate you for the first night of your reservation. Thank you for being so understanding, and we're glad we were able to show you the service we're capable of delivering despite the initial error. We'll see you on your next visit to St. Louis.