We stayed at the Omni for business. It was our first trip to St. Louis. The Omni is downtown St. Louis, within walking distance of all of the venues for the Cardinals, Rams, arch, convention center. I would give it a 3.5 stars. Has potential to be a 4-5 star hotel.
1. Service. Really good customer service, always willing to help and respectful. We are really big on customer service, so having great customer service says a lot about a company.
2. Location. Downtown, within walking distance to venues, the arch, restaurants, etc.
3. Style. It is an old, historic hotel. Nice wood features, even with the quirks of being older.
4. Shuttle. There is a free shuttle for trips/stops around St. Louis downtown area. Handy to have. They do not provide a ride to the airport.
5. Breakfast buffet. Large selection, tasted good.
6. Room. Large and spacious, pretty quiet. Comfy bed, could make a fort with the amount of pillows on the bed.
7. An elevator that "dings" at every floor with a bell. Real old school, kinda neat
1. Maintenance. As an older hotel, I expect the quirks from being an older hotel such as the water pressure, appointments that are historic, etc. The rooms were appointed nicely, but need to be kept up on. The grout in the bathroom was in need of repair. Caulking in the bathroom was in need of repair. The toilet ran the entire stay, clicking on to refill every 7-10 minutes or so. There was paint and wall paper peeling in the room and lobby. The A/C unit was old and loud, but worked.
2. Cleanliness. Hairs all over in the bathroom. On the floor, in the tub, on the walls and even lots on the ceiling. Not big on other persons hairs, yuck. Housekeeping cleaned the room, but it could definitely use a deep clean to get rid of dirt, lint, etc. along the corners, behind fixtures, etc. The whole room and bathroom needed a good cleaning.
3. Coffee maker hidden in television cabinet. Found it the day we were leaving. There is free coffee in the restaurant, so that was ok.
4. Television. Old flat screen CRT with limited channels and reception. Need to upgrade for sure.
5. Premium price. At $189 + tax/fees per night, I would expect 4-5 stars, even on peak weekend.
Overall, the hotel could be a 4-5 star, but needs fundamental cleaning and maintenance changes. Would stay again, but not at $189/night.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Hotel Majestic St. Louis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Omni Hotel Saint Louis
- Omni Saint Louis
- Saint Louis Omni