“Wonderful getaway! A vacation within a metropolis!”

The Hotel Majestic St. Louis
Ranked #77 of 123 Hotels in Saint Louis
Reviewed December 15, 2011

We thoroughly enjoyed our time at Omni Majestic St. Louis! This is a first-rate lodging establishment, a friendlier and more accommodating staff of which would be hard to find elsewhere in this city. Each employee is very courteous and professional- especially Asil, who worked diligently to make sure our stay was as comfortable as possible. Some of the hotel's many services that we had a chance to take advantage of during our stay included the valet parking, shuttle service to nearby Vin de Set, and the very appetizing breakfast buffet. I have no complaints, other than our sojourn was all too brief. Anyone seeking a great hotel experience should look no further than the Omni. I can't wait to return again and luxuriate in the many delights this hotel offers, which culminate to an experience that is nothing short of majestic!

Room Tip: Corner suites offer more views of the city bustle, yet are surprisingly quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 13, 2011

I fell in love with the Omni in Newport News and have stayed in other locations in Indianapolis and now St. Louis. The service is second to none at every single one! I did have to give this one three stars though for a few reasons. One, they charge $9.95 for wifi. I'm a select guest member, so it was free, but that's a hefty price for Internet. The Internet also didn't work for a majority of my stay. Two, they charge $25 for valet parking for the small lot 5 feet from the door. My car stayed in the same place overnight and I loaded my own bags in the morning for $25?!? Lastly, the workout area is nice with plenty of cardio machines, but they only had 5 dumbells. Even with all this, I would still stay there in a heartbeat! Great location, beautiful rooms, excellent service.

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed December 10, 2011

A great hotel with character, great room, but what won me over was the staff. Taega and Julie and Sierra made me feel at home - as they did with every guest. Customer service was beyond compare. They gave good advice on activities in the city and where to eat. I loved the intimacy of the hotel, the convenience to other downtown venues, and the character of the hotel. I was attending a conference which was at another venue, and I know I would not have received the same attention and care. Yes, there might be nicer or newer hotels, but I don't know how anyone could be better than the staff at the Omni. I will definitely stay there again if I get to return to St. Louis.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Omni_Manager, Manager at The Hotel Majestic St. Louis, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2011

Taega, Julie, Sierra and our whole team strive to make all our guests feel at home. It's great when we succeed and we appreciate hearing it. We hope that you'll stay with us again next time you're in St. Louis.

Reviewed December 2, 2011

Even though the hotel is little isolated from the other hotels near the Gateway Arch, it still represents good value, with convenience and a great deal of old world charm. The decorations are high quality and the food, particularly breakfast, is excellent value with a wide choice available.
The complimentary shuttle certainly helps visitors see many of the local attractions. This service is a great asset.
Our bedroom was enormous but with a tiny bathroom and separate washbasin area. Shampoo, soap tablets, conditioner and lotion were all provided, but not shower gel.
The television is old, very old and noisy, with indifferent reception. Ventilation is via an air conditioning system, unless one chooses to open the window which is easy, but closing it is nigh on impossible, such is the strength of the springs.
Without doubt, the staff is the finest aspect of the hotel. They are gracious, polite, helpful and knowledgeable.
I would certainly recommend the Omni Majestic.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 23, 2011

My first stay at an Omni was in Richmond, VA. I really enjoyed my stay there, so I was really excited to stay in another one. The lobby was really nice. I remember reading that this was a historic hotel. It had a stately look about it. There was lemon and lime flavored water, newspapers, tourist information, and oranges in a bowl to welcome guests.

Customer Service: The hotel staff was seated at a desk and there was only one person there to check in guests, but we didn't have to wait long to be checked in. The staff was very helpful and knowledgeable about the area. On our last day, we used the shuttle service to go to Budweiser. The lady who took us, not sure of her name, was really nice and give us some tips about things to do when we returned. When she came back and picked us up, she took us around to see the best view of the Arch. She even got out of the car, crossed the street and took pictures for me. She was awesome! The restaurant staff in the morning were really polite and helpful. The older guy especially was engaging with the guests and had a great sense of humor. Overall, they are fantastic!

The room: As someone else mentioned, it is a historic hotel. It isn't really modern, but has stately and well appointed furnishings in the room. I wish there were more electric outlets, but again, it is an older hotel. It was still very comfortable. The bed was super comfy and I slept like a baby. The room was very spacious and the furniture was arranged to maximize the space. The tv was old, but it had a swivel base. I do wish that there were more cable channels to watch. The channels were pretty limited. The bathroom was nice enough and the room was really clean and smelled good too. I was greeted by soft music on the tv, a bottle of water, and a hand written note. It was definitely a nice welcome to the hotel.

Convenience: I didn't drive on this trip, but instead took the Metrolink. The hotel was very convenient, since it was only a few blocks from the 8th and Pine Street stop. You can see the Arch from the hotel and it is also within walking distance. If you don't want to walk, you can take the Metrolink or get the shuttle driver to take you there. The hotel is right in the downtown area and there are plenty of restaurants a few blocks away and a grocery store, Culinaria (fan-bloody-tastic market), nearby.

Amenities: There is no parking in the front, but there is a lot next to the hotel. I'm not sure how much it costs. The breakfast was great! There were plenty of cereal options, croissants, muffins, cinnamon buns, bagels, sausage, eggs, waffles, and fresh fruit every morning. There was also orange juice, coffee, tea, cranberry juice and water. I really liked their gym. It wasn't too tight in there and they had great Precor equipment. There was an elliptical, treadmill, stationary bike, and a recumbent bike. They also had dumbbells, mats, and a basket of towels, Clorox clothes to clean the equipment, and lemon flavored water, although they put too much lemon in it and it was a little bitter.

Overall: Great service, comfortable room, fantastic breakfast, and great location. I would definitely stay here again and I recommend it to any of you who might be visiting the city.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Omni_Manager, Manager at The Hotel Majestic St. Louis, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2011

Thanks for taking the time to post a review of the Omni Majestic. We're glad you enjoyed your stay and got to see some of the sites while you were in town. It's good to hear that our staff provided great service. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Reviewed November 19, 2011

We stayed at the Omni Majestic for a weekend getaway in September. We chose the Omni because of past experiences with the brand and were offered a great rate. The lobby was fine but when we got to our room we were quite surprised. The room was large but the carpeting was worn and dirty, the furniture was in poor condition and the bathroom tub was stained with something red. This was not the sort of property I have come to expect from Omni. Service, as usual for an Omni property, was excellent but the room was far from it. We will not stay here again unless the hotel undergoes a renovation.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple

No room should ever look the way you described when a guest checks in. We apologize that we didn't deliver a room up to our standards. In the event that this happens, please ask the front desk for a room change and we'll do everything we can to move you to another room. Again we apologize.

Reviewed October 31, 2011

I booked the hotel while on a business trip to Fenton. I didn't want to stay out in Fenton so I decided to buck up for the drive and stay downtown. Arriving the day after the World Series ended I got a great value and have also had previous good experiences with the brand. Arriving at the hotel I initially liked the small feel of the property, living room lobby feel and the very nice, if a bit dated room product. A great classic room with an amazing King bed, a better positioned and nicer TV would have been nice. The TV was a non Flatscreen 25-27" model adjacent to the bed. Also for business travelers you cannot work at the desk and watch TV at the same time.

The entire staff was wonderful and the Select guest breakfast and internet perks were much appreciated even though I booked at a discounted rate. It is a bit of a pet peeve of mine when you b.ook a hotel and won't give you the loyalty perks because of booking at a discounted rate. I would highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business