“Best Staff”

City Place - Downtown St. Louis
Ranked #111 of 123 Hotels in Saint Louis
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Shout out to Afridia in the 29th floor executive lounge. She is the best, so friendly and such a hard worker. She tries to make each guest feel comfortable. This is my favorite of all the downtown hotels.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank tomatogram
Sam V, Guest Relations Manager at City Place - Downtown St. Louis, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with our team. We will all be sure to thank Alfredia for the wonderful service she provided you with during your stay.
We look forward to your next visit.
Crowne Plaza St Louis Downtown

Write a ReviewReviews (1,654)

Reviewed April 5, 2014

We stayed here for The NCAA BB tournament. First and foremost, what view. Right outside our window on the 27th floor was the Arch. It was an amazing view.
The room was a little small. Bathroom was clean. Employees were very helpful. Had a pullout delivered in less than 10 minutes.

Eastern Kentucky was staying in our hotel. My twins sons loved that and adopted them as our team during the tournament. Players were friendly and approachable.

Bathroom was very clean and nice. We got a great deal on priceline! And was well worth it.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Sam V, Guest Relations Manager at City Place - Downtown St. Louis, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with our property and team. We were all thrilled to hear you enjoyed your accommodations.
We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to St Louis.

Reviewed April 4, 2014

We stayed there last night. I was looking for a hotel near the Blues game but didn't want to spend an arm and a leg. I got it off Priceline. I usually hate using a 3rd party but wasn't going to spend 250 a night on a nice hotel if we aren't going to be there much. The staff was very nice! I cannot complain about that by any means. The bed was nice and comfortable. The location and view rocked! However, let's just say it is a tad run down! I wouldn't stay there again even at 60 bucks on priceline! The shower head was new but the pressure was really bad. We didn't have working AC in the room. We asked for a fan and got it. I would have loved to have opened the window but even at midnight they were doing construction outside. They were very fast bringing the fan up which is different from what I have seen at other places. The carpet was old. Overall I am only rating it a 3 because the service was good and the bed was comfortable.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Danny D

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent visit to St Louis. I am truly sorry to hear that you did not thoroughly enjoy your accommodations during your stay. The property itself is a bit older, however, this should not have impacted your experience.
I do hope you consider giving us a second chance if your travels bring you to St Louis again.

Reviewed April 3, 2014

We arrived here after a long drive and had trouble driving to the hotel as a lot of the local roads that our SATNAV wanted to take us down were closed. However we got there in the end and the reception was a bit hit and miss, it was quite busy and I was passed from one person to another. the parking is under the hotel and you can get the parking ticket stamped at the reception and pay $10 per night. We were luckily enough to get a room on the 29 floor and with this came the use of the concierge breakfast room with views of the Mississippi and Arch to die for. We had the room to ourselves with a good buffet selection which we really enjoyed, the young girl in there also had some really useful tips on visiting St Louis and was really friendly. The heating system was a bit antique but the rooms were large and comfortable with great views and we loved the elevator with the outside views! Great location if you want to visit the Gateway Arch as its a short walk round the corner.

1  Thank popeadventure

Thank you for taking time out of your day to share your recent experiences with our property and team. I am truly sorry you had some challenges in making it to our property with the current construction of roads. I am glad you finally made it to us though.
We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

So I'm from St. Louis, and needed a place for 1 night. Usually, I get a great deal at the Hyatt next door (Fourth Ave. is like hotel row.) There, the service is excellent, the rooms are nice (hallways a bit dated).

Completely different experience at CP. The reviews show it as a 3 1/2 star hotel, but it was worlds away from my stay at the Hyatt.

Rooms not horrible, but heating/ cooling system didn't work properly. Sent someone up and he tried to to the best he could but not much luck.

Little details, dirt on the walls, dirt on the light fixtures, in the cooling unit made it kind if yuck.

Very loud. Granted there were 2 big groups in town but you could hear a lot in the hallways

When I checked in, someone had left dirty plates from happy hour on the table in the hall. Same dirty plates there next day

Staff: this was perhaps the biggest difference. Not exactly professional. Sure they tried but just did not get a good feeling about people who worked there starting with front desk.

I lost my iPad. And called a couple hours after check out to say I think I left it in bed in room. The front desk was slammed, because I was put on hold for a while. Then they thought I was someone else and checked the wrong room.

I ended up going down there since I was still in town. Finally, manager at front desk have me the card of the hotel manager who said if I brought in my receipt she'd replace it. A nice gesture but definitely got the impression it happens more than rarely.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Sam V, Guest Relations Manager at City Place - Downtown St. Louis, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

I am truly sorry to hear of the experiences during your stay. Please contact the hotel so that we may assist you directly.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

First, if you're going to the Arch it's in a great location. I thought the rooms looked ok. The bed was relatively comfortable. We had two rooms. The first one had a note tucked in the thermostat essentially stating: "Unit is working properly and trying to cool. Just not cooling much." Each room was probably 75 degrees. Felt like I was baking all night. We also ate at the Grille. It was pretty slow (30 minute wait) and we were 4 of only 8 in the room and each ordered something that should have been ready. All in all a great place to park, but way over priced for a room without temperature control.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Please accept my apologies for the issues you experienced with the temperature in your guestroom during your recent stay. A comfortable room temperature is imperative for a good night's sleep. I am sorry we failed to provide you with that.
I do hope you consider staying with us in the future as I know our team is capable of providing all of our guests with a stay to remember.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

This hotel is in dire need of a renovation! We stayed one night to attend a wedding. The mother of the bride reserved a block of rooms for out of town guests. We expected all the rooms to be together, but, we were all spread out through out the hotel. Not what was promised! The rooms are old and smelly! We will DEFINATLY never stay here again. For the $$$ we paid, TOTALLY not worth it!

Room Tip: Choose another hotel