“Best view of the arch!”

Ranked #104 of 120 Hotels in Saint Louis
Paducah, Kentucky
“Best view of the arch!”
Reviewed March 26, 2014

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza Downtown while I was in St. Louis for a family vacation that included the NCAA Basketball Tournament. We were in a Riverview suite and it was wonderful The very large living room had a large picture window that overlooked the arch and it had a balcony. The suite also had a kitchenette with a full refrigerator and microwave. The room was immaculately clean and the bed comfortable. I love that Crowne Plaza recognizes the importance of aroma therapy in getting a good night's sleep in an unfamiliar place. They included a kit with amazing cooling foot gel and calming lotion. After waling around all day the foot gel was a welcome treat Because of the crazy weather we did have some issues with the temperature in the room, but nothing big. The hotel was a little bit of a walk from the ScotTrade center but if you go up Market street you pass by CityGarden park which was a lovely place to stop and rest for a moment and has many lovely statues. If you can, book a Riverview suite and enjoy the view of the arch!

Room Tip: Our suite was 912 and the view was amazing!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Sam V, Guest Relations Manager at City Place St. Louis Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
The entire team is thrilled to hear you enjoyed your accommodations and the service they provided you with during your recent stay. Our location can't be beat if you plan on visiting the sites of our great city. We are glad you were able to take advantage of it.
We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Samantha VanDeMark-Hotel Manager-Crowne Plaza St Louis Downtown

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (381)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Blue Springs, Missouri
Reviewed March 23, 2014

This was our first time in St. Louis. It was a family trip to the Demi Lovato concert & NCAA tournament. Check-In was Fast. Front Desk was friendly. In fact, all staff, maids, bellhops, bartender were great! Always smiling and making us feel like we never left KCMO. I was extremely pleased to find this hotel at an affordable price and was able to book it on short notice. Close to everything! Literally you just walk to the Arch, MX Movies, and Starbucks! Because of all the March Madness, we were right in the center of all the action. Had a great time! We will be back!

• Stayed March 2014
Sam V, Guest Relations Manager at City Place St. Louis Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to share your experiences at our hotel. The entire team was thrilled to hear you had such a memorable experience. We all look forward to your return trip.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed March 22, 2014

I stayed for 3days not ONCE did housekeeping come to my room I called three times to the front desk and the issue was never resolved.the heater was BROKEN the faucet was BROKEN....wth!?front desk staff and bar staff where friendly .would not recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experiences with our property and team. I am sorry to hear we failed to provide you with comfortable accommodations.
I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your interactions with our team.
I hope you reconsider staying with us in the future as I know our team is capable of providing all of our guests with a memorable experience.
Plano, TX
Reviewed March 21, 2014

This hotel is tired, very tired. The positives: friendly staff, comfortable beds, good shower, great view of the arch if you're lucky enough to get it (we got the parking garage). The negatives: slow elevators, very dated and worn out everything, ice machine didn't work, maids never cleaned our room the second day we were there, we always had to ask for enough towels, no extra blankets in room. We heard of several families whose heat stayed on all through the night. There really isn't any place to eat that we saw. If we have to go back to St. Louis again, we'll stay in the Hyatt across the street.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the arch if you can get it.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experiences with our property and team. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your accommodations. The property itself is an older building, however, that should not have made you love our hotel any less.
I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your interactions with our team. They truly enjoy interacting with our guests.
We certainly hope you reconsider staying with us in the future.
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed March 17, 2014

I have upwards of 100+ bed bug bites on me after staying in room 1806. After they mixed up our reservation & gave us a smoking room (we reserved non-smoking), then the keys wouldn't work, we went downstairs 5x for new keys, they never worked, we gave up and passed out in bed. We woke up the next day LITTERED in bites. We immediately left, but it's too late. Our items are ruined, countless hours have been spent decontaminating & I look like I have boils on my face. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!

7 Thank Kelslew88
Sam V, Guest Relations Manager at City Place St. Louis Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
I am terribly sorry to hear of your experience. Please contact the hotel directly to discuss.
Samantha VanDeMark, Crowne Plaza St Louis Downtown
Houston, Texas
Reviewed March 17, 2014

We stayed at the Crown Plaza for a wedding. We were only in town for the weekend (Fri-Sun) and since I am an IGH member I have come to expect a certain level of quality in a IGH hotel. This hotel is very dated. My check in was speedy, however the button to my floor (28) did not work, so it took me much longer to get to my room than expected.

Rooms were warm-hot all weekend, we called the front desk and was told to adjust the dial, and this did not work. The view was fantastic. We could see the stadium and the arch in plain view. The room doors are right next to each other which is horrible if you want to sleep in the next day. The housekeeping staffer was ordering parts for her car while cleaning the room next door with the door open, YES! I heard every word. Additionally, the hall light illuminated the door frame the entire night. Outside of the view and free Wi-Fi, this felt like a dorm room instead of a hotel. We slept in until 10am, so I guess we missed getting our room cleaned because it was never cleaned. When we got back, it was so late we just called for towels since it made no sense to clean a room at 11pm. There is a vending machine on the floor, but no store for sundries. If you need snacks, pain meds, or anything else you have to leave the hotel and walk down to the store. We inquired about using the shuttle to go to the wedding venue, we encountered the most clueless person I have ever seen behind a hotel desk. The lady had no clue how the shuttle worked, hours of operation, where the shuttle operator was or anything else of value.

The parking is 10.00 per night which is not too bad. And the location is fantastic, directly across from the arch. Overall my experience was a 4 out of 10. If I have an option the next time I am in St. Louis, the Crown Plaza Downtown St. Louis will not be one of them.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RelaxingTraveler95
Please accept my apologies for the experiences you had with our team and property during your recent stay. We want every guest to love our hotel and I am so terribly sorry that you left feeling differently.
I have shared your comment with the management team so they can assure our future guests do not experience the same concerns.
I know our team is capable of providing our guests with a wonderful stay. I do hope you consider giving us a second chance.
Thank you for your feedback.
Helena, Alabama
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Stayed there March 11-13, 2014. The rooms are nice but slightly outdated. The customer service was excellent! The common areas, lobby and concierge areas were very nice. The restaurant on location had horrible service, but after I reported this to the concierge they immediately compensated us for the bad experience. From the front desk, to the maids, to the concierge staff everyone was GREAT. A special thank you to Michael and Antenta ( not sure of the spelling). Both were concierges and really made the experience very nice. The hotel also has a great view of the Gateway Arch and is within walking distance of great restaurants.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to recognize our team. We appreciate that you chose the Crowne Plaza St Louis Downtown and look forward to seeing you in the future.