“My Step daughter's graduation!”

City Place St. Louis Downtown Hotel
Ranked #103 of 120 Hotels in Saint Louis
Detroit, Michigan, United States
“My Step daughter's graduation!”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

The hotel has a very friendly atmosphere, I love the location, we had a nice view of the St. Louis Arch. There are plenty of places to go to around the downtown area, lots of eateries, shopping, and friendly people. Our room was very nice and clean, very quiet, and very spacious. I plan on coming back again in August. and I would surely stay at this hotel again each time I visit St. Louis,

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
revman2112, Guest Relations Manager at City Place St. Louis Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to share your recent experiences with our property and team. The entire team truly enjoys hearing about our guest's experiences.
We look forward to seeing you again and thank you for continuing to choose the Crowne Plaza St Louis Downtown for your lodging needs.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (360)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Olathe, Kansas
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Always great to be back at one of my absolute favorites in St. Louis! Erin at the front desk remembered me by name, Willie in room service always takes such good care of my orders, and the best of all.......they've got the Blue Cheese Crumble Steaks back!!!!! I just wish they could bring back the CL.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the upper floors. The view is excellent from anywhere in the building!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
revman2112, Guest Relations Manager at City Place St. Louis Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thank you for continuing to choose the Crowne Plaza St Louis Downtown when your travels bring you to the city. We look forward to seeing you on each return trip.
Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I was greated warmly at the desk by Shantanica Pointed....Shantanica went out of her way to make me welcome...I had some issues with my room and she moved me to another room..... I looked for a Front desk manager to inform him/her of my experience but didnt find one.....You would profet to have more employees like here that take such good care of your PC members. the room she moved me to had a better view of the arch and my kids loved it. Thank you, Allen Bangs

Room Tip: Make sure that your House keeping Looks at the rooms before they are rented..The zipper on the couch...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with our property and team. I have shared your comments with our entire team as they truly enjoy getting feedback from our guests.
We look forward to seeing your again when you return to St Louis.
Champaign-Urbana, Illinois
Reviewed January 19, 2013

I decided to stay at this particular hotel to celebrate my mom's 50th birthday. We arrived to the hotel at 3pm, and were told that our rooms weren't ready by the gentleman working the front desk. I wasn't given a time that they might possibly become ready, and I was told I couldn't park or pre-check in at that time. There was also a woman working with him at the desk that offered no alternatives. Fine. I then realize that the rude girl who was standing next to him at the desk, rolling her eyes thoroughout the entire exchange was the manager on duty, Ashley Carter. How inappropriate. You are in customer service, in a position to set the example. No wonder her staff was so unaccommodating.

When we finally did get to check in, our rooms were very outdated. My mom's 'deluxe' room had a giant hole in the bedroom door. There was a room service tray full of empty dishes just outside of our door form the adjacent room. The next day at check out, it had only been moved to the hallway table. Disgusting. And when we approached the desk to check out, the agent working was on a personal call talking about 'crazy broads'. I was shocked, to say the least.

The only saving grace about this place was the very kind girl in room service that had an unusual name that now escapes me, and the bartender who recommended some great restaurants. They were very kind, and I wish I could recognize them by name.

Next time I am in town, I will not be staying here.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank jbelle83
On behalf of the entire team, please accept my sincerest apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your recent stay. Please know that the service you experienced is not typical of our property.
I have shared your comments with our Front Office Manager so he may immediately address your concerns with the team members involved. I am terribly sorry the service they provided was not what you have come to expect from the Crowne Plaza St Louis Downtown.
I do hope you reconsider staying with us again. Thank you for your valued feedback.
Boulder, Colorado, USA
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I got a room on a high floor so I had some good views of the surrounding area. I guess my main issue is that the building seemed a little old and a little run-down. Like I say in the title, it was fine, but not quite as nice as I expected. My other main issue was the slow service at the front desk. Once, there were several people waiting to check in or out, but only one person working at the desk. Another time, I was the only one waiting, but it took a while until somebody noticed me and came out to help.
The room was large, clean enough, and I was comfortable. The elevator was a little slow sometimes. Good location - I was able to walk to the baseball stadium, the Gateway Arch, and there were lots of restaurant options around.
The rooftop pool was interesting, since I've never swam so high above the ground before, but a little small and crowded - not particularly inviting.
If I were coming back to STL, I'd consider this hotel, but I would be sure to shop around first.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
revman2112, Guest Relations Manager at City Place St. Louis Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experiences during your recent stay at our property. The entire team will be pleased you enjoyed your stay and were able to take advantage of the hotel's rooftop pool.
I have shared your comments with our Front Office Manager regarding the team at the front desk. He plans on using your experiences as a training tool during his next Front Office Meeting.
Upgrades to our guestrooms are scheduled throughout 2013. We do hope you return to experience them first hand.
Thank you again for your feedback and for choosing the Crowne Plaza St Louis Downtown.
Reviewed December 30, 2012

What had to book this hotel for a convention that was being held on site. When we walked in the lobby I was worried... dirty, not good.
We checked in and went up to our room and wanted to throw up. Looked like it hadn't been updated since the 80s... stained furniture, stained floor, and nasty stale smell. We immediately went downstairs and told them we were going across the street to stay at the Hyatt (which was updated 5 years ago and in great shape -- would give it a 3.5 star rating)
However we had to come back to the hotel all day every day for our event and we let our staff stay there (benefit of being the boss)
There was a freakish warm spell the 2nd week in November and the rooms needed the AC to turn on... my brother called complaining and when he was told it was fixed, he came back to find a BOX FAN stuck in the window!! He also had a jar of mayo that sat in the the fridge in his room for 3 days without anyone removing it (after he asked)
This part is NOT a joke... but TWO DAYS IN A ROW WE FOUND USED CONDOMS BEHIND THE FAKE PLANTS IN THE ROOM WE WERE HAVING THE EVENT. hahahahh so nuts right?! and TRUE!! clearly the night staff has a favorite corner for their lusty encounters.

Room Tip: stay at the Hyatt across the street... :)
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
On behalf of the entire team, please accept my sincerest apologies for any inconveniences you may have experienced during your brief stay.
I have shared your comments with our management team so we may investigate your concerns. We take your feedback very seriously and am truly sorry for your experiences.
Please believe that your experiences are not typical of our property.
Thank you again for your time and comments.
Moberly, Missouri
Reviewed December 24, 2012

stayed here for our anniversary again but just for one nite this time unfortunately, nice room and clean. staff at restaurant and desk very nice and helpful. great finess room. Only complaint I had was we were on the 14th floor and could still hear the street noise quite loudly in morning, a truck backing up sounded like an alarm clock i couldnt shut off. so if youn wana sleep in you mite ask to be on side away from side street

Room Tip: if you want a room with frig and microwave be sure to mentiuon it as some rooms dont have it, althou...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to share your experiences during your recent stay. The entire team is pleased to hear you enjoyed their service and our property so much that you decided to return to celebrate your special occasion.
We hope to see you again next year!