“Great Burgers”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Bailey's has the perfect burger....perfect because you can get it virtually any way you want it and with a wide variety of creative toppings. They also have awesome chili that comes topped with a dollop of their special cheese sauce.

The atmosphere and decor is downtown funky....kind of reminds me of a scene in Monster's Inc. Range can be quite busy and noisy at lunch times....still fun, but expect a crowd!

Bailey's is in the heart of downtown St. Louis just a few blocks from most of the downtown hotels and attractions.

Makes me hungry for a Range burger just writing this!

Reviewed December 13, 2012

That's how I would describe this restaurant. All the menu items are local including the meat they serve; grass fed cows from here in the midwest. The menu is unlike any other place I have been to with different varieties of almost everything on it (cheeses, soda etc). We had 4 in our party and everyone got something different. My brother and I really liked what we got, while my wife said that hers was just ok. What made her not like it was the Rye bread the burger came on. My 5 year old son got a hotdog and he is still taking about how good it was.

I think the atmosphere is what both my son and wife liked the most (which is why my son is still talking about going back for another hotdog). We got to eat upstairs by a window so we had nice views of fairly active urban streets. The decor is modern and trendy, something my wife appreciates. Parking is typical downtown parking, we found a meter spot not too far from the restaurant and the walk wasn't bad at all.

It was a bit pricey for burgers for lunch but nothing obsene, w/ tip I think I spent about $40 for lunch for 3 of us. Not a place I would go to all the time but it was nice to try and I would return sometime if I had someone w/ me from out of town that wanted something fun, modern & unique to St. Louis.

1  Thank Shycke
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Went with some co-workers for lunch. Very unique place, from the atmosphere to the food choices. Burger combinations you won't find anywhere else. The fries are great and they offer a variety of homemade sauces for dipping. Salads are also very fresh. Save room for dessert - the homemade Bailey's-flavored ice cream was excellent!!

Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

Stopped in to get shake because hotel staff said it would be best shake of my life. Got a large chocolate to go. Staff was super nice. Shake was really chocolatey, but had chunks of ice in it. Was not smooth and creamy. I did not even drink half of it. Based on other reviews, I am sure it was just a fluke that mine was not good. I will give it another try if I return to town.

Reviewed December 8, 2012

I want to start off by saying this is part of a group of great restaurants in St. Louis that are really on the right track culinarily. They do local food and are all about quality over quantity and I am giving this place a 4 because they are moving in the right direction. That all being said I was slightly disappointed in this burger experience. The drinks were very weak and very sweet. The homemade bun disintegrated as I was eating my somewhat bland burger. My husband loved his food so maybe I ordered the wrong thing. The service was great and I would try this place again.