“Go for drinks, not food”
Review of Taste

Taste
Ranked #193 of 3,337 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 12, 2019

The drinks were amazing! The menu is huge and they have some really creative options. Had I only gotten drinks, I probably would have given Taste 4 or 5 stars. However, the food was super disappointing. It wasn't just "not amazing," some of it was downright bad. The bourbon butter biscuits were super dry and tough, with strangely tough bananas. There was no flavor in the sauce. The gnocchi was just okay. The fries were good, but super average. I'm usually a little disappointed in the portion size to price ratio of small plates, but this felt soooo overpriced. My husband and I each had two drinks, shared gnocchi, biscuits, and fries (which were shared with another couple as well.) Our bill was over $100. The waitstaff was very friendly and helpful. If you are looking to just get drinks, I would recommend it. If you want any food at all to snack on, I would go elsewhere.

Date of visit: January 2019

Reviewed January 9, 2019

We came in after dinner for drinks with friends. We sat at the bar and the bartender was very helpful and nice. He made great drinks and the atmosphere is cozy. The bathroom is so pretty, it's lit with candles and the ceiling is full of hanging eucalyptus. We will be back.

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed December 31, 2018 via mobile

If you want to do it up right for New Years Eve, this is definitely the place to go! Our third year here and the drinks and menu are amazing! Highly recommend this for your New Years celebration!!

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed September 24, 2018

Crafted cocktails, knowledgeable and friendly staff, delicious small plates - and a terrific patio for people watching in a cozy neighborhood setting. If you want a little something heavier, then scoot over just a few tables and Brasserie (owned by the same folks) has more traditional dinner options. And a terrific patio to boot!. Either options are must-dos on anyone's visit St. Louis list!

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed September 3, 2018

WOW - this is always a must visit place when we come to St Louis! The cocktails are so inventive and delicious! So fun to browse the menu and try to pick which one should tickle your taste buds! Very fresh and interesting light bites as well! Truly a GEM for St Louis. One of my favorite places I've ever been to!

Date of visit: September 2018