“Chocolate Chip Cookies.”

Winslow's Home
Ranked #89 of 2,992 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Winslow's Home is a decidedly relaxed atmosphere that serves some seriously great things. We are at once a cafe, espresso bar, bakery and private events space set in the middle of a contemporary general store. While breakfast and lunch orders are taken at the counter and then delivered to your table, dinner offers our guests the opportunity to unwind a bit through the transition to table service after 5pm. The relaxed and warm setting offer interior and seasonal patio options and our loyal customers are as diverse as our menu. We are located in the vibrant historic neighborhood of University City Missouri, an inner suburb of St Louis. Centrally located, we are roughly 3 blocks from Washington University, 4 blocks from downtown Clayton, 7 miles from the arch and the Mississippi River and 12 miles from the airport. Winslow's Home owns and operates a working farm in Augusta Mo. 35 miles from Winslows Home. Here we grow seasonal produce herbs, fruit and flowers using organic and biodynamic methods. This allows our team of chefs to craft some of the best fresh scratch cooking in the region. Deliveries from farm to fork happen 2-3 times a week, 10-11 months a year. The farm also hosts private events. Awards in the recent past by regional and national press include continued inclusion in "best of" lists, best artisan food shop, best breakfast, best carry out, best chocolate chip cookie, best farm to table restaurant, best grass fed beef burger, best cafe, best place to bring out of towners and best sandwich. Winslows Cellar is our events space. entering through Winslows Home, the Cellar is a secret jewel that offers our private dining guests an elevated Winslows experience. The space is an intimate, mahogany paneled room featuring private restrooms, original artwork, and oriental rugs. Seating 36, the Cellar features a lounge area, full bar, presentation and sound systems. This unique space is an ideal setting for private celebrations and business meetings alike. Menus are all individually customized by our team of professionals.
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Visited from MS. Saw on travel site where Winslow's was rated as one of top 10 CC cookies in US. I had to try this one out for myself. After 2 bites, I agreed. The way the chocolate was melted into the cookie spread the chocolate throughout the cookie. All you need is a glass of milk. Well worth the drive from MS.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

This restaurant sources many of their ingredients from local farms as well as their own farm 45 min from the restaurant. The building is old and has so much character including a tin roof. They act as a general store with lots of cool and interesting things to purchase. The brisket sandwich is awesome.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I had the pleasure of visiting this restaurant a few times last year while visiting the area... The location reminds me of a soda fountain shop I used to go to when young, now I mean that in a very good way. The atmosphere is very homey and in a word "inviting". The food is great!!! I have had both breakfast and lunch at this location and both were wonderful. The breakfast is very bountiful and a great start to your day. The lunches were just as good,fresh and delicious. If you are in the area make an attempt to stop by,you wont be disappointed...

Reviewed February 20, 2013

I visit here often and have never tried anything except the pulled pork sandwich. It is served with a small salad that is simple but tasty. The pork is very flavorful and comes with "white BBQ sauce". I could almost eat the sauce with a spoon. I took off a point because its a weird set up. Its confusing when you walk in as to where you should go and I'm annoyed by the real house wives of Clayton hanging out for hours on end at some of the rather closely spaced tables. It's a unique place, but the food is great.

1  Thank Brian M
Reviewed February 8, 2013

A great well executed interior mercantile store with a good deli. Brisket was excellent and the Beefteck burger delicious. Wide variety of unusual sodas and drinks, wine room too, you will enjoy!