“Quite a nice surprise”

Winslow's Home
Ranked #169 of 2,909 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Winslow's Home is a decidedly relaxed atmosphere that serves some seriously great things. We are at once a cafe, espresso bar, bakery and private events space set in the middle of a contemporary general store. While breakfast and lunch orders are taken at the counter and then delivered to your table, dinner offers our guests the opportunity to unwind a bit through the transition to table service after 5pm. The relaxed and warm setting offer interior and seasonal patio options and our loyal customers are as diverse as our menu. We are located in the vibrant historic neighborhood of University City Missouri, an inner suburb of St Louis. Centrally located, we are roughly 3 blocks from Washington University, 4 blocks from downtown Clayton, 7 miles from the arch and the Mississippi River and 12 miles from the airport. Winslow's Home owns and operates a working farm in Augusta Mo. 35 miles from Winslows Home. Here we grow seasonal produce herbs, fruit and flowers using organic and biodynamic methods. This allows our team of chefs to craft some of the best fresh scratch cooking in the region. Deliveries from farm to fork happen 2-3 times a week, 10-11 months a year. The farm also hosts private events. Awards in the recent past by regional and national press include continued inclusion in "best of" lists, best artisan food shop, best breakfast, best carry out, best chocolate chip cookie, best farm to table restaurant, best grass fed beef burger, best cafe, best place to bring out of towners and best sandwich. Winslows Cellar is our events space. entering through Winslows Home, the Cellar is a secret jewel that offers our private dining guests an elevated Winslows experience. The space is an intimate, mahogany paneled room featuring private restrooms, original artwork, and oriental rugs. Seating 36, the Cellar features a lounge area, full bar, presentation and sound systems. This unique space is an ideal setting for private celebrations and business meetings alike. Menus are all individually customized by our team of professionals.
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Quite a nice surprise”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I have driven by this place numerous times and always said to my car companions, "I really want to stop there and check out that place," I finally did and was pleasantly surprised! The place is set up like a general store, selling a vast array of things like goat cheese to children's books and from different grab and go foods to take out. The restaurant, with tables set up mostly in the middle of the store and outside, is sure to please. The small menu (& daily specials) are posted on the walls and the reach-in cases have a great selection of drinks that you can choose. You place your order at the counter and have a seat, then your selection is brought to your table. I had (deconstructed) fish tacos and my friend had the turkey burgers...Delicious! Salads and other entrees looked good from the surrounding tables, and of course they have desserts to satisfy your sweet tooth. Check out their website, twitter, etc for details .

• Visited September 2012

St. Louis
“Unusual fun little restaurant-store”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

I have eaten at Winlsow's Home numerous times for dinner. It is a casual restaurant in what feels like an old general store. The tables are situated throughout the store and outside. There are a couple of long tables for community dining. Winslow's does a good take-out business and they have pre-items such as pot pies and soups. If you want to eat in you order at the counter and your meal is brought to you. It is a small menu with daily specials. I noticed a big crowd on the fried chicken day. I generally get a salad, torta rustica, or the vegetarian special. Winslow's emphasized local produce and meats. The salads are delicious and change depending on what is in season. The ambience is mellow and a nice place to go after work. Try the goat cheese cookies for dessert. This restaurant is not too far from Washington University and Forest Park and well worth a visit.

• Visited August 2012
park city utah
“charming and different”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

great food and lots of interesting things to llook at and buy...old time general store with a restaurant. Nice outside area....dog friendly patio.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Pub2
“Fantastic!!”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

I fell in love with this place as soon as I walked in the door!!!!!!! The food was super tasty and the ambiance was peaceful and relaxing.

Baltimore, MD
“Fab find!”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

I loved this place! Great blueberry pancakes, overly generous side of bacon, and plenty to look at in the store. I would move in if I could.

Visited July 2012