“highly recommended”

Roberto's Trattoria & Chophouse
Ranked #35 of 2,926 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: American, European, Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Roberto's Trattoria & Chophouse is rated among the best restaurants in St. Louis. Roberto's will take you on a culinary trip to Southern Italy where you will enjoy classic, traditional Italian cuisine and excellent steaks right here is St. Louis. It's the best Italian restaurant and steakhouse in the metro area for fine dining. Roberto's Trattoria & Chophouse is the perfect answer for travelers looking for the best place to dine in St. Louis.
Saint Louis, Missouri
“highly recommended”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

this is my favorite italian restaurant in st. louis. excellent food. always fresh and tasty. have experienced all the waiters and great service all around. roberto, the owner greets you at the door with a warm smile and friendly hello. prices are a little high but well worth it for the quality of food. the filet roberto is in a class by itself. to top off this great meal, you must have the fresh homemade gelato. i highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited August 2013

St. Louis
“Not bad but not 5-star either”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

We live fairly close to Roberto's and have eaten here probably 5 times. We've always found the service to be good and the food from good to very good. My impression lately is the place is just not as amazing as it used to be. On our last visit, the wines were pured too full to swirl, didn't seem to be at the right temperature (they were at room temperature) and the house cabernet left a little pile of debris at the bottom of the glass. Our waiter told us it "always does that" and apologized. For this kind of restaurant, I expect better. Although my sea bass was excellent, the side that came with my entree was not impressive either - some kind of pillowy fried potatoes that weren't real hot.

The ambience is a bit tired also, IMO, and the owner (Roberto) has always ranged from indifferent to a bit of a grump for us.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank TTTStLou
st. louis, missouri
“GOOD GOOD PLACE”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I hadn't been to Roberto's for a year or so but all the good reviews on trip advisor told me I had to give it a try. I was not disappointed. Located in a small mall you have to know its there to be able to find the place, The owner is also the maitre de so you have the opportunity to meet and greet. The service was great and the food was outstanding. We had a couple of wines by the glass and they were very good as well. The caprese salad was an excellent way to start. My wife had the sea bass special and I had the tagliatelle with lobster. Both were excellent. WE finished off with a piece of cheesecake which was also great. The meal was outstanding but its a little on the expensive side so its more of a special occasion type of place.
Will go again at some point in time

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank ldgaff
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Outstanding Again and Again”
Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

My family surprised me for my 64th birthday. Roberto's never disappoints. Food, cocktails, desserts and service exceptional. Sterling and his team of servers provide non-stop attention when it is needed.

Visited September 2013
Saint Louis
“Best Italian in South County!”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Generally, we don't go out for "good" Italian food in South County...we go to The Hill, but Roberto's is a standout in South County and challenges any "high end" Italian restaurant on the hill. It's easy to get to. The service is excellent. The food is top quality. My husband and I both had a seafood pasta. I generally don't get too excited about pasta, but this was exciting. Fresh everything! We share a salad, which was more than ample and topped off our evening with their fresh homemade gelato. Wow! I had the spumoni which was fabulous. My husband had the chocolate (he envied my spumoni). We're so grateful for a quality restaurant in South County that is not a chain!

• Visited August 2013