“Great Italian in South County”

Roberto's Trattoria & Chophouse
Ranked #34 of 2,941 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: American, European, Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Roberto's Trattoria & Chophouse is rated among the best restaurants in St. Louis. Roberto's will take you on a culinary trip to Southern Italy where you will enjoy classic, traditional Italian cuisine and excellent steaks right here is St. Louis. It's the best Italian restaurant and steakhouse in the metro area for fine dining. Roberto's Trattoria & Chophouse is the perfect answer for travelers looking for the best place to dine in St. Louis.
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We have been to Roberto's many times, which says something as we often try new places. As a transplant from New Jersey we find Roberto's to have great traditional Italian similar to what we grew up with. The atmosphere is always very welcoming with Roberto greeting you at the door. Highly recommended.

There are newer reviews for Roberto's Trattoria & Chophouse

Reviewed August 25, 2013

I must admit, I read several reviews on Roberto's and was expecting a good meal. But what we received surpassed my expectations! Absolute pure Italian excellence. The owner was very nice and made a special effort to welcome us to his restaurant. I explained that we had traveled from Texas and were on our way to Notre Dame. He mentioned his son in law was stationed at a base in Texas and we had a friendly conversation. Afterwards, an appetizer came to the table complements of the owner. Needless to say we were grateful for his hospitality. However, the FOOD is what makes this "The Italian" restaurant simply the best. Everyone's meal was delicious. So if you find your self in St. Louis, be sure and eat at least one of your meals at Roberto's Trattoria!

Then go to The Fountain on Locust for the BEST ICE CREAM in St. Louis. I promise you will be glade you did! Everything is home made....and your taste buds will be happy, happy, happy!

Reviewed August 25, 2013

We dined at Roberto's on Friday 8/23, What a great experience. My wife had the Seafood Tagliatelle pasta and I had the Halibut with Fresh Peach Salsa.

The Seafood Tagliatelle is house made tagliatelle noodles topped with lobster claw meet and tomatoes and saute in sherry cream wine sauce. Light, flavorful and quite a generous serving of lobster claw meat.

The Halibut, a fish I truly love, was grilled to perfection and topped with the most amazing Fresh Peach Salsa I have ever eaten. What a great summer dish! The Halibut was bright white, flavorful and cooked perfectly. I am always impressed with a restaurant that knows how to cook fish! Most over cook it and the dish is too dry. Not at Roberto's. The Fresh Peach Salsa was the best of kind I have ever tried. I would love to know the recipe.

Well worth a visit!

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Been all over the world and to Italy twice. This place is fabulous. Clearly one of the best restaurants in St. Louis or anywhere. Highly recommended...

1  Thank RalphKramden
Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

We were in town for business and googled best Italian restaurants in St Louis.

After a long day at work we decided to try it. Tasty sea bass and pasta with marinara sauce. Pair it with the Pinot Noir!!

1  Thank RebeccaN1