“Avoid, even with few options available.”

Chilis Bar & Grill at St. Louis Airport
Ranked #2,050 of 2,971 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: American
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Do you like burnt coffee that doubles as Brillo leavings? Do you like rubber sausage? Do you like waiting for freaking ever? Then this is the place for you!! Enjoy - it's actually comical if you can get past the reality of badness.

Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

This was my second (and last) time to go to this location. We had a groul of 6 and the site was busy with many standing in line for an open table.
The service level was poor from the host staff to the wait staff. Everyone moved slow and really appeared to be there simply for the job. The food was average at best and simply overpriced even for an airport site.
They need to set clear expectations and change the environment in order to improve their rating and revenue. They need a new staff with professional appearance and personality. They nees to be outgoing, personable and quick to attending to every patron. It should be a fun place to unwind in the airport and its not. They could be "the place" to go eat and drink in this airport with some new updates from a change in staff, food and service.

Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

We know the service is always extremely slow here, but we had time since our flight was delayed and went here anyway. Well, we should have known better - the server spilled potato soup all over my wife's bag and jacket. We ended up having to pitch the luggage and put her stuff in mine which made it to big to carry on so I had to got back out and check it (back through security, etc). The manager took a report and pictures and said we would hear from someone about new luggage. I guess we'll see. The moral is you really should avoid this place at all costs.

1  Thank Andy B
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Chilis corporate should really check out this location. Employees standing around while tables and floor are filthy. Lengthy wait for service and bad food once it arrived, continued to disappoint. Have a hard time understanding the lack of standards for service or food quality. Oh yeah it is expensive too.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

After being promptly seated, I waited 20 minutes for someone to come to my table. I watched the person who was to be my server, wait on a table during this enire time. He took their drink order, left, then returned with their drinks. The people asked him dozens of questions about the drinks they just received and the menu. About 10 minutes into this, I asked the hostess to send someone else to my table. She said okay but no one showed.

Having a plane to catch and wanting time to get food, I got up and asked to speak to the manager. After at least five minutes and numerous assurances he was coming out, I left.

I'm actually glad I didn't waste my money at Chilis. In my experience, airport versions of chain restaurants are usually not very good. Fresh food always seems to be a challenge for them. McDonald's is the exception. It's the same everywhere.