“Pleasant Clean and Convenient”

Embassy Suites by Hilton St. Louis - Downtown
Ranked #15 of 120 Hotels in Saint Louis
GreenLeadersGold level
Flourtown, United States
“Pleasant Clean and Convenient”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Friendly accommodating staff. Large suites. Hilton Honors members are treated especially well. Very convenient to Edward Jones Dome and convention center. The food was just Okay at the hotel bar but the bartenders were excellent and made up for it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
  • Korean first
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I stayed here for one night kicking off a week of training in St. Louis. I found the hotel location to be great. I was very confused about the parking situation when I arrived in my rental car from the airport. As you pull up, valet parking appears to be the only option. I did not see a parking area to check-in as some other ES hotels have. I parked in the valet area, jumped out of my car and checked-in. As it turns out, this is what was supposed to happen. I went with the valet option of $27 a day with full in/out privledges. There is a public lot nearby as well.

I found the front desk staff to be very accommodating. Check-in was smooth. I needed a computer powercord (left mine at the airport) and within 5 minutes I had directions to the nearest Best Buy (10 miles away). This is an older building and I found the hallway plans to the rooms a bit confusing, but no matter. My room was clean and comfortable and had a nice view of downtown. I suggest eating dinner at Pi Pizzeria across the street. Delicious! After a restful night and breakfast, I called the valet number and after a very short wait, my car was pulled up to the front and I was on my way for the day.

A very good stay overall. I have stayed at better Embassy Suites before, but I have no complaints at all about this one. I would stay here again to be sure.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank GK360
Wade T, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton St. Louis - Downtown, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Dear GK360,

Thank you for choosing the Embassy Suites St. Louis - Downtown for your stay last month and for taking the time to review your experience.

We appreciate your positive comments on our hotel and are pleased that you enjoyed your experience. It is always refreshing to hear about our staff accommodating the needs of our guests.

Thank you also for your feedback on the parking situation. We are continually striving to improve the experience for our guests and your comments allow us to identify ways to do so. We have reviewed this with our team to determine how we can provide better signage to enhance our guests' arrival experience.

Thank you again for choosing our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to St. Louis.

Best regards,

Wade Thompson, Director of Sales & Marketing
Phone: 314-678-2903
Email: wade.thompson@hilton.com
Missouri City, Texas
Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

We were suppose to stay here last weekend for our anniversary and had booked through Travelocity. Unfortunately our 2 yo daughter became very ill and wound up in the hospital and we had to cancel. Travelocity was willing to refund our money, however when they contacted the hotel they were unwilling to refund Travelocity. So we paid for something we were unable to use due to a medical emergency and the management just didn't care. They are only worried about their bottom line and not the concerns of their guests! We will never stay at an Embassy Suites ever again!

Stayed April 2013
Wade T, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton St. Louis - Downtown, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Dear Kturnbull94,

Thank you so much for taking the time to advise us of your experience. We sincerely apologize for the process challenges you experienced. Your comments have allowed us to research this situation and we have discovered a disconnect has occurred.

We were contacted by Travelocity regarding your desire to cancel your reservation. Naturally, a pre-paid reservation such as this, by rule, is not cancellable. However, we certainly make exceptions for emergency situations, and your situation was certainly an emergency cancellation.

Unfortunately, when our agent was contacted by Travelocity to advise us of your desire to cancel, they did not tell us about your specific situation and our agent upheld the policy of an advanced purchase reservation. I can assure you that if they had explained to her what was preventing you from visiting our hotel, we would have absolutely and unequivocally fully refunded the reservation.

After our research and correspondences with the Travelocity Market Manager, we have refunded them and you will be refunded for the charges you incurred for this reservation. If you do not hear from them within the next week or so, please let me know so that we can help expedite the process on your behalf.

Again, we apologize that you thought we were uncaring to emergency situations and we thank you for your comments which enabled us to identify the cause of your experience. We sincerely hope that you will allow us to serve you on your next trip to St. Louis and will continue to consider Embassy Suites for all of your travels.

Wade Thompson, Director of Sales & Marketing
Embassy Suites St. Louis - Downtown
Phone: 314-678-2903
Email: wade.thompson@hilton.com
9121 Brickshire Pkwy Fort Wayne, In 46815, United States
Reviewed April 24, 2013

The Embassy Suites was a wonderful place to stay. Our time was two days and the staff and facilities were great. The room service was timely and delicious. The happy hour and the morning breakfast was outstanding. I rate our stay at the Embassy Suites 10+ .

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

St. Louis, United States
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Large rooms, sleeper sofas for kids, ample breakfast selection, heated pool, and close to so many attractions: the Arch, the Zoo and Art Museum (via Metro Link subway with a stop just around the corner from the hotel), a movie theatre across the street, a Starbucks one block away etc. Pool with jacuzzi was a big hit for our son.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Patricia A
Highland Park, IL, United States
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Good, safe location in downtown St. Louis near the convention center. Walking distance from The Arch as well as baseball, football and hockey stadiums. Complimentary breakfast and evening reception are great amenities. Parking is a bit steep and wifi is not provided free of charge.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Sam D
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Was here for a convention across the street. Staying by myself. Easy to get to from the airport with a train stop close. The breakfast was pretty average. I enjoyed the manager's reception for a couple of hours each night in the bar. Was a nice place to champagne and campaign with other solo convention goers. Clean, large rooms. Amenities were average.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business