“Great location Great Stay”

Embassy Suites by Hilton St. Louis - Downtown
Ranked #15 of 120 Hotels in Saint Louis
GreenLeadersGold level
Tupelo, MS
“Great location Great Stay”
Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

Right across street from movies - few blocks to bowling alley- lots of restaurants within 4-5 blocks- lumiere about 2 blocks - Metro is right outside door- room is large - sleeper sofa with tv And king with tv - only had shower - free wifi- free breakfast had eggs, potatoes, cereal, fruit, sausage,bacon made to order omlets and pancakes- if you just walk in to eat its $15 ($45for us) free snacks and drinks every night---parking is $27 a day but in line with downtown

• Stayed July 2013
Wade T, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton St. Louis - Downtown, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear ScribFam,

Thank you for selecting the Embassy Suites St. Louis - Downtown for your recent trip to St. Louis, and for taking a moment to review your experience.

We appreciate your kind comments about our hotel and location. No doubt, we are situated in the heart of many of the highlight attractions and restaurants in Downtown St. Louis and we are pleased you were able to experience much of what our city has to offer.

I did want to make you aware that, although our King Suites do contain only a walk-in shower, our suites with two-queen beds to offer a more traditional configuration with a tub/shower combination. If a soaking tub is your desire, you can have one by booking one of our suites with two-queen beds.

Again, thank you for choosing our hotel and for rating your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back when St. Louis is on your itinerary.

Email: wade.thompson@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
  • Korean first
Virginia Beach, United States
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Great hotel, great breakfast, and great manager's reception. Housekeeping definately needs improvement. Very slow!!! Didn't get room made up until after 4:30 every day!!!! Went to StL with my brother and his family, and my mother. Would stay here again if the housekeeping would step up their game. Front desk, Valet, Restaurant, everything else was perfect.

Dear Christine A,

Thank you for choosing the Embassy Suites for your recent visit to St. Louis, and for taking a moment to review your experience.

We sincerely appreciate your kind comments on our facilities and staff and are pleased that you enjoyed nearly every aspect of your experience. However, we apologize for the late service provided to you by our housekeeping department. We have shared your comments with our team in an effort to improve the experience for our future guests. We hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you during your next visit to St. Louis and will look forward to welcoming you back to the Embassy Suites.

Again, thank you for your business and for your comments.

Manito, Illinois, United States
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We just spent the weekend here with our entire family and it was great! Large, comfortable rooms, good location, and an outstanding staff made this a hotel that we will choose to stay in again! There is a new movie theatre across the street that my teenagers loved and it is a short walk to Busch Stadium and Laclede's Landing.

1 Thank Jeanne S
Memphis
Reviewed July 7, 2013

This hotel was absolutely awesome! The location was great and everything in the hotel was great .. I did have two problems the bed was too soft and the thermostat was fixed at 68 degrees and the room was a bit warm. However, the overall experience was great and I would stay there again.

Virginia
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I feel compelled to write this review because I travel a lot and think that this could have been a better hotel experience. The staff do attend to the guests needs and the chef of the restaurant made me feel extra special. The actual problems came when I checked in and discovered that in my bathroom there was no tub. Strange, even for an Embassy Suites. They informed me that I had reserved a "premium room" or whatever strange terminology it is in the hospitality lingo. But, call me a bit presumptive, isn't a premium room required to have a bath tub? I paid a lot of money for this room and there was no sincerity in trying to get me changed into a different room because the hotel was completely booked. As I've said, the staff do their jobs well and try to make an effort, but in this instance there was a great deal of misinformation and not an attempt to make me feel special. Just be careful when you make a reservation with Embassy Suites that you get everything you should have. The rooms are also decorated with a very dark hue palette and I felt like I was sleeping in a vampire's lair, even though it was 90 degrees and bright outside.

Room Tip: Make sure they are absolutely clear about WHAT you get in the room and they don't play a game of...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Wade T, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton St. Louis - Downtown, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear coloraia,

Thank you for selecting the Embassy Suites St. Louis - Downtown for your recent stay and for taking a moment to review your experience.

Although we appreciate the kind comments you have about our hotel and staff, we do sincerely apologize for the miscommunication about the bath configurations in our suites. We do have a new design and all of our suites with a King bed are equipped with a walk-in shower in the bathroom. Although this feature has been well received by the majority of our guests, we understand that some visitors to prefer a more traditional bath/shower combination. Our suites that contain 2-Queen beds do have that more traditional combination. However on a very busy weekend, these suites are in very high demand for travelling families. Additionally we strive to honor all suite types requested by our guests so we would not be able to move a King Suite reservation into a 2-Queen Suite reservation unless a suite of this type is available.

After reading your comments, in an effort to improve our guests' experience, I am reviewing our suite descriptions on our website. My intention is to provide a little more information on the bathroom configurations in our suites to avoid surprises in the future for guests expecting a tub in a suite that only contains a shower.

Again, we appreciate that you selected our hotel for your stay and for providing your valuable feedback. With the information you provided, we hope to provide an even better experience for our guests in the future.

Coulmbia, United States
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I decided to get my wife out of the House for the weekend for her birthday. The Embassy Suites was suggested to us by a friend. Everything from the arrival upon the drive, to our breakfast in the Morning was just AMAZING... Everyone who worked at the Hotel greeted us with smiles every corner we turned... I cant wait till my Birthday, I hope the wife brings me here for a get away from the kids.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Tony C
branchville, United States
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Outstanding Service and "CARING" People to a Person! !What more can I tell you other thaan celebrate this site "Leadership and "TEAM"!! They Get It!! Now you need to share the Vision at your other sites!! Regards & God Bless

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business