“It's like they knew what we needed before we asked!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton St. Louis - Downtown
Ranked #15 of 122 Hotels in Saint Louis
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed January 23, 2013

From the time we pulled up to the curb until we checked out, the service at this hotel was excellent! A hot cooked to order breakfast was included and was delicious. They kept the eating area very clean. They also had a manager's reception each night that included drinks and different snack foods.

We also used the pool area and exercise room, both of which were very clean.

Everyone greeted us with a smile! I would certainly stay here again. I've stayed at Embassy Suites before and they never disappoint.

Room Tip: We were on the third floor, which is the top floor for rooms. We couldn't hear any other guest...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank swede52
Wade T, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton St. Louis - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Hello swede52,

Thank you for choosing the Embassy Suites St. Louis - Downtown for your accommodations and for taking the time to review our hotel! We appreciate your positive feedback.

It is great to hear favorable comments on our facilities and amenities. However, your wonderful comments on our staff really made me smile.

You see, we believe our people really make the difference and we strive to anticipate the needs of our guests. The recount of your experience means we are succeeding at our goal of providing a positive customer experience through exemplary service.

Again, thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon!

Best regards,

Wade Thompson,
Director of Sales & Marketing
Embassy Suites St. Louis - Downtown
(314) 678-2903
Wade.Thompson@Hilton.com

Reviewed January 20, 2013

I've stayed in St. Louis many, many times for weekend getaways or Cardinal games. This is the first time I've stayed at the Embassy Suites Downtown St. Louis, and I would say this is the nicest hotel in St. Louis that I've found. Everything was amazing! It looks new and is in immaculate condition...both the rooms and the common areas. The beds were the most comfortable I've slept in. The large suite had a refrigerator and microwave, as well as a small sink and kitchen type area.

Three friends and I were in town for a girls' weekend and really appreciated the customer service. We were upgraded to two king room suites for the same price as the single queen suite we had originally reserved. This way we had two bathrooms and larger beds. The hotel also offers a Manager's Special, where all drinks were complimentary, and a huge hot breakfast with made- to- order omlettes in the morning. The room is very large, so we had no problem finding seating, even on a Sat. night and Sun. morning.

The location is also great for anything you choose to do in downtown St. Louis. It's close to Busch Stadium, Edward Jones Dome, Laclede's Landing, and the bars on Washington Street.

I would highly recommend this hotel and wish I could have brought the bed and breakfast home with me! Try it out...you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 16, 2013

We recently stayed at the Embassy suites in downtown St. Louis. Great location for sightseeing and visiting the city! Our room was great and the customer service was excellent! Our favorite part of our stay was the free breakfast every morning, Excellent food and great service!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Becky H
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Very nice and ultra modern Embassy Suites in downtown St. Louis. Great location to the football stadium, short walk to Busch stadium, and the Arch. The suites are larger than the traditional embassy suite rooms. The staff were all very friendly and courteous. This Embassy will be my hotel of choice when visiting St. Louis for pleasure or business. The only drawback is parking. Only option is valet at $27 a day or a garage a across the street with no in and out privileges.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 11, 2013

We stayed at this hotel as a group of 14 people going to see an NFL game. The Hotel was great and the rooms were huge. The hotel came with a free breakfast every morning which was a good value. The rooms were clean and having the living room worked very well for us. this hotel is close extremely close to the stadium and the strip of bars for sports fans. We had great service from the front desk.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Mike K
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I really liked this hotel as it is the nicest Embassy I've experienced. The ceilings are very high in the rooms, maybe 16 or 17 feet. Parking is expensive but the valets are very good. Tons of HD channels on the in room TVs. Hotel staff were very professional.

A few things I didn't like:
- The iron in my room was old and stained an expensive dress shirt. The hotel got it cleaned at no expense
- Selective housekeeping as I noticed the trash wasn't emptied one day and glasses were not replaced on another day
- TV only worked on one of the three treadmills in the fitness room. Also, the room was very hot and humid.

Room Tip: The street traffic may bother you if you're a light sleeper
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Having a friendly staff isn't enough to recommend a hotel, but when you couple that with extra large modern rooms, super comfortable beds, an excellent breakfast buffet, and a great location right next to the America's Center, the Edward Jones Dome and the cities' Metro Link, you are starting to have a winning combination. I recently stayed there with several family members and we would all recommend it.

My only two criticisms would be that the shower water was not very hot and the jacuzzi was very chlorinated, which I suppose is pretty regulated for health reasons. This is a very nice hotel that is reasonably priced in a great location.

Room Tip: The hotel's dining room and conference facilities are on the 4th floor. The pool and exercise r...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family