“Great stay!!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton St. Louis - Downtown
Ranked #13 of 123 Hotels in Saint Louis
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed October 24, 2012

This hotel is very beautiful and the staff is great!! Room was huge, plenty of space for 3 people to share comfortably. Wonderful breakfast each morning and happy hour in the evening. So close to many attractions, I want to come back as they keep putting new attractions in downtown.

Room Tip: Higher up keeps noise level down, it is downtown.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,416)

Reviewed October 23, 2012

This redesigned former department store in the middle of the up and coming downtown district in St Louis has a great location within walking distance of the Rams, Cardinals and the Arch. We were lucky enough to stay here for several days, the service was of the level you can expect from Embassy Suites and the staff very friendly and approachable. Rooms are very spacious, bigger than Embassy Suites in Manhattan NYC, and well-appointed. Actually saw the manager on several occasions in the restaurant, at the evening managers reception and various times on the property looking over things, likely the reason the hotel runs as well as it does.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 23, 2012

We stayed at the Embassy recently when we were in St. Louis for a wedding - and I was never disappointed! The staff here are super-friendly and accommodating. The rooms are beautiful and clean. Best part was the extensive breakfast spread every morning (much more than just coffee and bagels - even has a make your own omelette station!). Also really loved happy hour. Centrally located and close to everything. Thanks to Rosco and his team for making our stay so enjoyable.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Whether it be business or pleasure, this is a great hotel. Free full breakfast and Managers Reception make it a plus. The rooms are very comfortable and nice. They are 2 room suites that are large and attractive. The location of the hotel is great. Located a block from the football stadium and in walkable distance to the other attractions in the city. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here two night, I am a Diamond Member Hilton Honors. Upon checkin, I changed rooms at my request and no problem. The desk person said my honors level will have a snack delivered to the room, which never happened. Newer hotel, the room was more long than wide, still nicely appointed with HDTVs in the bedroom and living room area. Only thing I did not like was the dark shades to the bedroom which did not close completely, letting the bright lights from the front of the hotel in. I checked the pulley attached to the ground and one of the plastic wheels were broken. I think the hotel knows there is a problem with the drapes cause there was a disclaimer stating something to the effect of don't pull the drapes by hand or you will break them. There was a clip attached, so I pulled the drapes together and clipped them. One other thing I did not like was breakfast on the weekday ended by 9am. Luckily I got there with 5 mins to spare. I went up to the person who was not the cook and asked her for two eggs over. I guess it's the midwest demeanor, but she just stood there and didn't say a thing. I actually thought she's thinking I was stupid for not knowing she was not the cook, but the cook had stepped away from the grill for a second. Loaded up the plate and the cook mentioned if I wanted breakfast meats, to ask the young lady who I had just had the akward encounter with, hmmm. Breakfast was fine, but it started to shut down. While eating, several people were turned away, but a couple, the same ethincity as the cook, got "hooked up" and got two plates a piece and went back to their room, hmmm. Fitness center had new cardio machines, would be nice if there was a bottled water dispenser instead of a water fountain. Isn't nice to see the minerial deposits on the fountain. Valet parkers were nice and quick, though $27 per night is big city rates. There was a parking garage down the street at the convention center, looked to be a safe walk, but I needed the car by 7am on a weekend so I never looked into that option. I think it was connected to the Edward James dome, so if you search, you might find cheaper parking. Overall, ok, could have been better.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

The rooms were great and very clean! The service was super nice and fast. Additionally, we loved the made-to-order omelette station as part of the free breakfast!

The only complaint I have is that we were woken up several times by noise on the street outside and we were on the 4th floor!

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Stayed at other Embassy Suites before that were nice but this one was a cut above. The decor made us feel like we were staying in a more upscale place. Staff was very friendly, someone always at the front door to greet you and front desk provided good advice on activities close by. Location was perfect, within reasonable walking distance to downtown attractions, parking close by and metro station on the next corner. Can't beat a place that provides a nice hot breakfast instead of one of those toaster style offerings. Complementary happy hour was the icing on the cake. The bar staff poured generous drinks and offered great conversation all for the cost of a nice tip. Only down side was parking not included but that can be expected for many downtown hotels I've stayed at.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple