“Thank you Embassy!”

GreenLeadersGold level
Vancouver, Canada
“Thank you Embassy!”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

We stayed at the Embassy recently when we were in St. Louis for a wedding - and I was never disappointed! The staff here are super-friendly and accommodating. The rooms are beautiful and clean. Best part was the extensive breakfast spread every morning (much more than just coffee and bagels - even has a make your own omelette station!). Also really loved happy hour. Centrally located and close to everything. Thanks to Rosco and his team for making our stay so enjoyable.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
  • Korean first
Appleton, Wisconsin
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Whether it be business or pleasure, this is a great hotel. Free full breakfast and Managers Reception make it a plus. The rooms are very comfortable and nice. They are 2 room suites that are large and attractive. The location of the hotel is great. Located a block from the football stadium and in walkable distance to the other attractions in the city. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
NoCal
Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here two night, I am a Diamond Member Hilton Honors. Upon checkin, I changed rooms at my request and no problem. The desk person said my honors level will have a snack delivered to the room, which never happened. Newer hotel, the room was more long than wide, still nicely appointed with HDTVs in the bedroom and living room area. Only thing I did not like was the dark shades to the bedroom which did not close completely, letting the bright lights from the front of the hotel in. I checked the pulley attached to the ground and one of the plastic wheels were broken. I think the hotel knows there is a problem with the drapes cause there was a disclaimer stating something to the effect of don't pull the drapes by hand or you will break them. There was a clip attached, so I pulled the drapes together and clipped them. One other thing I did not like was breakfast on the weekday ended by 9am. Luckily I got there with 5 mins to spare. I went up to the person who was not the cook and asked her for two eggs over. I guess it's the midwest demeanor, but she just stood there and didn't say a thing. I actually thought she's thinking I was stupid for not knowing she was not the cook, but the cook had stepped away from the grill for a second. Loaded up the plate and the cook mentioned if I wanted breakfast meats, to ask the young lady who I had just had the akward encounter with, hmmm. Breakfast was fine, but it started to shut down. While eating, several people were turned away, but a couple, the same ethincity as the cook, got "hooked up" and got two plates a piece and went back to their room, hmmm. Fitness center had new cardio machines, would be nice if there was a bottled water dispenser instead of a water fountain. Isn't nice to see the minerial deposits on the fountain. Valet parkers were nice and quick, though $27 per night is big city rates. There was a parking garage down the street at the convention center, looked to be a safe walk, but I needed the car by 7am on a weekend so I never looked into that option. I think it was connected to the Edward James dome, so if you search, you might find cheaper parking. Overall, ok, could have been better.

• Stayed October 2012
Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

The rooms were great and very clean! The service was super nice and fast. Additionally, we loved the made-to-order omelette station as part of the free breakfast!

The only complaint I have is that we were woken up several times by noise on the street outside and we were on the 4th floor!

• Stayed October 2012
Reading, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Stayed at other Embassy Suites before that were nice but this one was a cut above. The decor made us feel like we were staying in a more upscale place. Staff was very friendly, someone always at the front door to greet you and front desk provided good advice on activities close by. Location was perfect, within reasonable walking distance to downtown attractions, parking close by and metro station on the next corner. Can't beat a place that provides a nice hot breakfast instead of one of those toaster style offerings. Complementary happy hour was the icing on the cake. The bar staff poured generous drinks and offered great conversation all for the cost of a nice tip. Only down side was parking not included but that can be expected for many downtown hotels I've stayed at.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank fftrumpy
Gloucester Point, Virginia, United States
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I had the opportunity to visit St Louis earlier this year (for the first time) and had no idea where to stay. I decided that I'm always statisfied with staying at Embassy Suites Hotels, so I booked the newly updated Embassy Suites in the downtown area. We arrived late at night in the pouring down rain, and I was very nervous after driving thru some of the areas leading to the downtown area... However, once we pulled up and entered the building, I was very pleased. The biggest surprise was the magnitude of my suite and the appointments throughout the hotel. They have turned this historic building into a great hotel... Attention to every detail. I've stayed at various Embassy Suites throughout the U.S... and this one is at the top of my list.. A must stay, if I'm in the area.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank PPL122
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 16, 2012 via mobile

While I'm a big Embassy Suites fan, this property does stand out. Great service from the time you are greeted at the valet, check in and check out. Clean, new rooms and great incorporation of a hotel into whatever historical space once existed here. Close to everything and always on my list when I travel to the St Louis area....

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business