“Nice Property”

Embassy Suites by Hilton St. Louis - Downtown
Ranked #13 of 123 Hotels in Saint Louis
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed March 14, 2012

I stayed here one night on business. The property looks like it was an old building that was converted to a hotel, which I normally don't like, but they pulled it off here. I liked the property.

The room had the classic high ceiling and was very large. The wireless internet worked well. One goofy thing was the bathroom was out by the living room area, as was the closet. Wasn't a big deal however.

I was on the top floor, being Diamond status. The gym was also on that floor, which was nice. The gym was well equipped with cardio machines, not much else, but that was fine. Each cardio machine had a TV built in.

The breakfast/happy hour area was well set up and large. The breakfast has well stocked.

Location was walking distance to the Arch, event center and casino.

1  Thank cabjohnson
Write a ReviewReviews (1,416)

Reviewed March 11, 2012

Great accommodations for large groups. We had 10 people between two rooms and were not crowded. One room was the "party room" for our gathering and conversation. We enjoyed the evening reception and snacks. The next morning the breakfast had lots of choices. The made-to-order omelettes were large and delicious.
Down side was the street noise and the inconvenience of not being able to park without using valet service.

Room Tip: Room 308 was a little wider than our 307 room because of a pillar in the room.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank retiredteacher09
Reviewed March 8, 2012

Exception staff, incredible rooms with lots of space and top notch reception and breakfast provided daily. I highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 25, 2012

Stayed for two nights this past week on business with three colleagues. When making the reservation, we were advised to be aware of the Mardi Gras parade and street closures going on downtown. Appreciated the heads up so we could plan accordingly.

At check-in, Breana was very nice and helpful and inquired how our day was going. I replied with a sarcastic comment that everyone seemed very friendly but that the lobby bellman had not said hello to me yet. Without missing a beat he approached me and said, "would you like a hug?" My colleagues are still laughing at that.

The next morning at breakfast we met the Director of Sales, Wade Thompson, who described the history of the building, the mixed use space, and the redevelopment of the area around the hotel. It is good to hear what a major urban area is doing to revitalize the downtown cooridor.

Positives about the hotel: 13 to 14 foot ceilings depending upon what floor you are on, large suites which are great if you are traveling with family, big flat screen televisions, a nice layout for breakfast which is cooked to order, and the two hour manager's reception. We enjoyed a couple of Buds before attending a Blues hockey game that evening so that we didn't have to spend as much on the $8 beers at the game. Although we did not use the pool or jacuzzi, this would be a plus for many people as other downtown hotels such as the Westin do not offer this.

While I read from someone else's review about the cost of WIFI, I can not comment on this as Gold and Diamond HHonors members get this access complimentary as part of their HHonors benefits at any Hilton branded properties. If you travel a fair amount, that would be one good reason to consolidate your travel under one chain such as Hilton in order to get perks such as this. Plus Hilton has some nice locations to redeem your points when taking a family vacation.

For a new hotel in downtown St Louis with great service, amenities, location, cleanliness, and comfortable beds, they deserve a five star rating.

Room Tip: The corner suites are larger and have additional windows.
1  Thank 1Gman1
Reviewed February 23, 2012

Very nice spacious rooms with updated decor and beautiful high ceilings. Location is great for the Edward Jones Dome and Lacledes Landing. Valet service was excellent, the attendants were very polite and helpful. Check in and check out was a breeze.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Pat36122
Reviewed February 21, 2012

We traveled to St. Louis for a Presidents Day getaway. It was myself, husband and two children (ages 5 and 7 months). We arrived at the E-S around 8:30 pm on Saturday night. We chose to valet park our vehicle. There was a $27 fee per day which was displayed very plainly. Check-in was very quick and the attendant asked if we would like a crib/pack-n-play. I said yes and it was delivered and assembled within 5 minutes of arriving to our room. We were there during a Mardi Gras celebration and we did encounter some loud young adults, but we were that way once. Wasn't a big deal; the only reason we noticed it was due to being placed by the elevator. I did like our room location (#352) due to it being so close to the elevator. It kept us from having to walk around the hotel a lot. My son and husband used the pool/hot tub area. The water temperature was very suitable and the pool was quite large for a downtown hotel. I thought the room was very nice and I enjoyed the tall ceilings and large windows. Breakfast was good as always, my husband enjoyed an omelet both days and he said they were very good. We went to the Manager's Reception on Sunday night, the drinks were good and the snacks were sufficient. There was a special on Wings ($5 instead of $10) and they were very good.
We enjoyed our two nights. The bed slept great and the large walk-in shower was very nice. We will stay at this hotel during future trips and recommend to all.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank gvillemama
Reviewed February 20, 2012

We traveled to St. Louis for the weekend in a mix of business and pleasure. We selected this hotel do to its convenient location - and proximity to the metro train station. The hotel is nicely done - a historic building with completely new guts. The rooms were cozy (but maybe just a bit dark), they were suites with a nice microwave, fridge and wet bar type sink. Everything was squeaky clean. The bedroom was well done and the bedding was top quality.
The hotel offers a very nicely done free breakfast - omlets to order, plus all the normal stuff. And they host a cocktail hour (actually 2 hours) each evening from 5:30 to 7:30. The staff was friendly.
There are two points that keep me from giving this place a perfect rating:
1st - They dont have complimentary wifi in the rooms. Further, they have tilted their policy to charging per device. As a person who travels with a laptop, wifi personal device and wifi radio - this would have cost me 30 additional dollars a day. This is totally bogus. It's like charging for TV and electricity in the room.
2nd - On Sunday there was a long line for breakfast. Not because of additional traffic but because the Hotel thought somebody might be sneaking in for a free meal. I would have rather seen them devote the energy to bussing the area of used plates, keeping the coffee machine working and the juice machine properly loaded. We were there for 3 mornings and each morning it was the same issue. This is a management issue as the staff was wonderful.

The SPA was nice but the hot tub had something terribly wrong with the chemical mix. I have never seen such bubbles form.

BTW - my hat's off to Helen who creates great omlets with a pleasant smile and great attitude. The world could use a great many more folks like you.

3  Thank Frank H