“Bowling good time at the Flamingo” 4 of 5 bubbles

Flamingo Bowl
Ranked #12 of 53 Fun & Games in Saint Louis
51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Bowling good time at the Flamingo”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2012

A friend of mine and I wandered in after dinner for a few drinks. We were greeted promptly and the service was fast - although, admittedly, there were only 4 other people there besides us at around 10pm on a Tuesday night. We decided to bowl a few games for fun. We really enjoyed ourselves and they were playing some awesome music. I was disappointed that even though there were not many patrons that we had to go from lane 1 (all the way across the room from the bar) back to the bar for our drinks, but I guess that's the way it goes. Still a fun time. Nice, clean little place.

Visited August 2012

33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“I love to bowl, so I'm biased”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

I love bowling and drinking, so this place is perfect for me. The food is very yummy and the cocktails are great, so, I couldn't ask for much more. I really enjoy the music they play as well. So, kick off your shoes, put on some bowling shoes, and have some fun! :)

Visited June 2012
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 123 helpful votes
“Fun times @ The Flamingo!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2012

I went here recently for the first time as part of a work outing and had a great time. It's located in the modernized, hip Washington Avenue in downtown St. Louis.

As others have mentioned, it has a 'modern-retro' feel to it. Not a ton of lanes, and we didn't go when it was super busy as it was more of a 'happy hour' type deal during the week, so can't speak as to how crowded it gets on a Friday or Saturday night. But we had plenty of room and had a great time.

This place has a really cool bar with lots of unique drinks and draft beer choices. I was happy to see that they had Ranger IPA, one of my favorites. We had a large number of appetizers, pizza, etc... all were tasty and delivered to our bowling area quickly. Nice, comfortable couches to lounge on and sit on in-between times bowling. Modern scoring, lots of bowling balls to choose from. Has a fairly large bar / seating area for those not bowling or waiting to bowl.

One thing that would make this better would be waiter / waitress service. They had bussers, but to actually get a drink, you had to go to the bar every time. When you are bowling, it's kind of distracting and makes it take longer when you or someone has to go up to the bar and get drinks in the middle of the game. My only complaint. Other than that, it was fun and I won't hesitate to go again.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank 1travelinman
Homewood, Illinois
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“fun atmosphere and fun for everyone, bowling or not.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2012

we spontaneously walked in, grabbed a lane although we usually don't bowl, a pitcher of great-priced locally brewed beer, and had a blast. fun atmosphere, clean, and fun all around. i wouldn't recommend going there with young kids after 9 p.m. on the weekends - turns into a bit more of a party atmosphere with the local drinking scene.

Visited March 2012
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Fun for All Ages”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2012

This is retro, not-your-typical-bowling-alley-sorta-place. It's not the smoky, dingy, fake cheese on the nachos you think of when you hear "bowling alley". It's a great place for date-nights where adults can have a martini while bowling.Or, bring the kids and enjoy kiddie cocktails (or real ones for the parents) and have a great time. There is a great selection of sandwiches and salads. The staff are very friendly and accomodating. If you bring a small child to bowl, there are not very many lighter weight balls; I think the lightest is 7#s and there maybe only 1 or 2 of them. However, they have bumpers that are automatic with each person's turn, which is very convenient as you don't have to have a separate lane for the kids who use bumpers, and a lane for the parents who don't. Yes, it can get pricy, but it's great for anyone of any age. We love taking both our daughters there, having a beer and a snack, and enjoying an afternoon.

Visited October 2011