“A day with the Boys” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Molly's in Soulard

Molly's in Soulard
Ranked #601 of 2,875 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 9th & Geyer
Description: Molly's in Soulard evokes old-world New Orleans charm in a casual dining setting, featuring a menu where the spirit of Soulard's French heritage mingles playfully with Southern Creole favorites in the heart of St. Louis' historic Soulard neighborhood. For appetizers, perhaps try our signature BBQ Shrimp & Fried Green Tomatoes, our Alligator Rangoons or our Flash Fried Ponzu Brussels Sprouts. More? how about a Pulled Duck, Andouille Sausage and Pork Belly Gumbo. Fresh Oysters also highlight the menu, and are served on a bed of shaved ice with lemon, mignonette, cocktail sauce and horseradish. Just want a burger and beer? We've got that! Our Molly's Burger, made with locally sourced Wenneman's Beef, White Cheddar, Wenneman's Bacon, and Garlic Aioli is very popular, as well as our Signature Burger, which is also locally sourced, but can be ordered as a single, double, or triple and dressed how you like it! Our BBQ Pulled Pork is mouthwatering, as well as our many Sandwiches and Po' Boys that we offer. Many of our items play with the fusion of contemporary Cajun/Creole and American in an interesting, surprising and delightful way! Thirsty? Compliment your choice of food with our large selection of wine and beer. Sauce Magazines best Cajun/Creole restaurant three years running. Voted best patio and outside dining by multiple publications, also boasts the largest patio in St. Louis.
Saint Louis, Missouri
“A day with the Boys”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

I took my college age sons here for lunch. They were starving so they had the burger that is called Everything but the Kitchen Sink. It was so big they could hardly eat it. But Eat it they did. It was so good. They were both happy with their food. We would return and maybe order that again, but maybe try something else to see if it was as good!!

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Denver
“Good food good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

We had dinner at Molly's for the first time last night. The atmosphere was fantastic, the people were friendly and the food was good. The main bar is separate from the restaurant/bistro so we enjoyed a nice quiet place to eat - able to hear ourselves while still in the middle of a cool little bar space. The food had tons of flavor and was served nice and hot. I think some of the dishes could have benefitted from less sauce, but it was pretty good all around. We really loved the shrimp and fried green tomatoes appetizer.

• Visited December 2012
Vancouver, Washington
“Had the special and LOVED it!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

I stopped at this restaurant while waiting for an appointment. It was recommended by the proprietor of a nearby local business. There's plenty of seating inside and outside. Good thing I got there when I did because this apparently is a location favored by Cardinals fans. This was game night and they were coming in by the dozens as I was leaving.

I ordered the southwest chicken platter special. Delicious! Service was prompt! Excellent location and other small restaurants and bars are nearby for those looking to do a "crawl".

Visited October 2012
chesterfield, mo
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

Had an orchard salad with chicken for lunch. The salad was missing the promised pecans, had tiny slivers of apple, there was 3 tiny slivers of chicken (for an extra fee). The salad was $9 plus $2 for chicken and it was paltry- seemed more like a side salad than a meal. I loved the patio as I'd my dog but if thy are going o be chep n the food portions it's not worth returning. I had high opens or this place. I doubt I'll go back.

eureka, il
“Food excellent!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012

Mollly's food tasted fresh and was fixed as we wanted. The atmosphere outside was wonderful on the outside patio. We had the place to ourselves on an early afternoon but later on when walking by, we could hear the band playing and many people milling around outside on the comfortable patio!

• Visited July 2012