“Good View.......Fun but No Wow Factor”

Kobe Japanese Grill
Ranked #195 of 2,946 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Lacated on the 12th floor of the Gold Building in Westport Plaza KOBE at Westport Japanese Grill offers a complete Japanese Teppanyaki dining experience. Your Kobe dinner includes our savory Japanese clear soup, crisp house salad with ginger vinaigrette dressing and a succulent shrimp appetizer and each order is prepared at your Teppanyaki table by your own personal chef with an accompaniment of hibachi vegetables, steamed rice, and hot green tea.
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Visited on Friday May 17th to celebrate our anniversary (plus we had a Groupon coupon for 50% off). Reservation was for 6:30 and we were seated promptly. Chef was entertaining but only so so as we have Chef's at other places more engaged with the customers. Food was okay, everyone order fried rice but he only put 4 eggs in this for 8 people......prefer more.

Wait service was "okay" as we had to find her for round two of drinks. Overall, not a bad place just not a wow in my book. The location on the 12th floor was pretty cool to be able to see the surrounding area.............be careful though, there are a couple of seatings that do not have a view.

Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

I love Japanese steak houses and have been to several steak houses,including this one, many times before. This was my best experience. There were 7 in our party and there wasn't one unhappy customer among us. In fact, everyone shares my sentiments. The food was as good or better than ever but the chef and rest of the staff are what made the difference. Our chef, Ba'da ( probably just butchered that), was awesome! He was the best chef we've ever had. He was not only talented but, funny, witty and very personable. Our head waitress was also fantastic. She was super sweet, friendly and very helpful, not to mention a great server. Kobe gives larger portions than most other comparable places. One thing I hate about most Japanese Steakhouses is that you pay extra for fried rice that ends up being served in shot glass portions. Not here! The fried rice portions at Kobe are huge. I am a big rice eater and I still had some left. Every time I've been here, the food has been great but this time was much more than a good meal, it was truly a great dining experience.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

We've dined at a similar place before and the portions were a lot bigger than Kobe. The chef was good.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

Whenever I have a choice of where to eat out, Kobe at Westport is my first selection. I eat there as often as possible. The food is first rate, the service is always impecable and the atmosphere is both fun and relaxing. Depending on your selection, it can be a bit on the upper end of reasonable, price wise. However, it is always a good value. Reservations are a good Idea as the place is very popular. Your food is prepared on the grill right in front of you and the chefs put on quite a preformance. I am not a seafood person, hoewver, I regularly order shrimp ( in additon to the appetiser) and lobster.

Reviewed May 23, 2012

Getting a table was slow -- but that's how hibachi grills are -- -Chef was too funny - - -Guality of food was great. Good view from 12th floor and once we got seated it was spot on. Prices were normal for hibachi but you always have left overs so its 2 meals in 1. Will go back.