“St Louis BBQ is the best, and Bogarts is the best here.”

Bogart's Smokehouse
Ranked #4 of 2,957 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Neighborhood: Soulard
Reviewed March 4, 2014

You will stand in line, and you may or may not get a table indoors. Recommend Bogarts for picking up and taking elsewhere if it is anywhere near lunchtime. But no worries! The line goes quickly and everyone is in an extremely good mood. Everything is delicious, but I tend toward the burnt ends and baked beans. Spectacular.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

I had the ribs on my last visit and they were awesome! Finger lickin and tender! I would say one of if not the bets BBQ place I have been to in STL.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

I live 2 blocks from this place and it is a hazard, by which I mean that I could gain a pound walking past Bogart's just by inhaling the smoky wonderfulness it emits. Truly, this is destination barbeque. I've tried 'em all in KC and in Memphis and some Texas exports, but Bogart's tops them all with rich, smoky depth to every meat they smoke. Ribs and "burnt ends" are terrific but I especially recommend their pulled pork and turkey. Don't miss the baked beans... They cook these under the brisket as it smokes in the smokehouse, so the beans capture all the mouth-watering meatiness of the brisket dripping into it. If you keep kosher or are vegan, run away. All others, join the queue. Bogart's is totally worth the wait even when there are 75 people ahead of you!

Reviewed March 4, 2014

My son wanted me to try this place and told me it was the best in town. I waited about 30 minutes, ordered and the food came out 15min later. We arrived about 1:45pm, a good time to show up my son says because it wasn't too crowded. I bought the ribs and the wife picked brisket. We shared, and it was very good.......including the sides. I'll be back.
My only disapointment was when I left, I had a ticket on the car acrosss from soulard market.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

St.louis is blessed with 3 excellent BBQ restaurants. There was a time when I had to go to K.C. or Memphis for good Q, not so anymore, I would put Bogarts on a par with the best those cities have to offer