“Best BBQ in St. Louis”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Neighborhood: Soulard
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Bogart's certainly has the finest BBQ in the city. Lots of people will claim that the crown goes to Pappy's; while that may have been true in the past, Bogart's now reigns supreme. The apricot-glazed ribs are simply divine.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,241)

996 - 1,000 of 1,241 reviews

Reviewed November 8, 2013

After hearing so much about Bogart's my expectations were very high and I was slightly disappointed by the dry, jerky-like texture of the ribs. They were also way to salty for my taste. The pulled pork was good, not amazing and none of the sides blew my socks off. That being said, Bogart's is still better than any BBQ joint I have find in Denver, where I live. I will say that I have had much better BBQ in the St. Louis area.

1  Thank BigMikeColorado
Reviewed November 7, 2013

You have to get there early across from Soulard's market. I have to admit they have the best rub for their ribs in town. #1 on tripadvisor helps as well. A must do while visiting St. Louis. This is my husbands favorite place in town.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

Went here on a recent trip to St. Louis. Place was on the small side, but the food was excellent. Being from Texas, I appreciate good BBQ, and the ribs at Bogarts were some of the best around. Not crazy about the beans, as they were a little too sweet for me, but overall, very good.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

We ate here a few weeks ago and it was delicious. We traveled from SW MO to a ballgame and it was recommended by a friend. The four of us ordered the Old Joe platter that included three sandwiches, ribs, and sides. The ribs were very good and tender. The pastrami sandwich was very good. The pork sandwich was also good. The beans were very delicious. The slaw was good. They were out of the brisket. The staff was very friendly and helpful. It is a very casual restaurant. There is only two choice of sauces. Would have like to seen more choices. It was plenty of food for four people. We will definitely return when we are back in town.