“Delicious!”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Neighborhood: Soulard
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We were not able to park because there was not a spot to be found. So I ran inside to order take out. It literally took 3 minutes to get our food- talk about fast! They were sold out of brisket so we got a 1/2 rack of ribs and a pulled pork sandwich and we split both to sample. Both entrees were to die for. We opted for the sweet & tangy BBQ sauce to pour onto the pork sandwich. You get to choose 2 sides with each, we sampled the baked beans and coleslaw. The beans had a kick to them, but were delicious. I put some of the coleslaw on the pulled pork and it was quite a combo. The prices were reasonable and the taste was yummy. Highly recommend when visiting the STL area!

Reviewed October 14, 2013

This place has the best BBQ I have ever had. We got the ribs, 2 triple smoked sandwiches and 1 pulled pork sandwich for our group. We all felt like we were in heaven and had to slow down because it was too good! The rub on the ribs were good along with being so juicy and falling off the bone. The triple smoked sandwich had a very unique but fantastic taste to it. The pulled pork sandwich was tender and well flavored. There were 4 different BBQ sauces to choose from that pleased all pallets.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

The best bbq as with other fine food can/should be enjoyed without any additional sauce. I know there are others who need/want to slather more and more sauce onto their cue, but the Tri Tip at Bogart's is perfection on a plate. It has the perfect amount of fat left on the meat with a crisp char on the outside. The flavor of the smoke and rub has found its way deep into the meat to make THE best Tri Tip I've ever had.

The apricot brulee ribs are fantastic, meaty and tender. The beans are better than most as Bogart's has been able to keep the beans firm while having enough smokey meat mixed in. Its almost a meal, but stays a side. The Deviled Egg Potato Salad is off the charts good and would be the best part of the meal if not for the perfect Tri Tip.

Cannot say enough about the Tri Tip. Looking forward to my next trip to the Lou to get back to Bogart's.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

For me and my group, including 2 picky eaters, everyone was in love with the food. The meats, the sides, and the sauces were all raved over and praised throughout the dinner. As a multi time visitor to St. Louis I felt like our trip to Bogart's gave us a perfect feel for the city. It's located in an STL neighborhood full of vibrant city life and across from the bustling Soulard Market. As a gastro traveler I dream of experiences like Bogart's gave us--experiences where the food and ambience come together perfectly to make a true picture of the flavor and vim of the place and time you are in. My best advice is go get a snack at Gus's Pretzels, meal at Bogart's, walk iy off at the Soulard Market, and get dessert a few blocks away at Ted Drewe's for a true taste of STL.

1  Thank Jerimy
Reviewed October 5, 2013

BBQ in St Louis? There is only one place – Bogart’s. My good buddy raved about this small, legendary institution located in the Soulard district, a few miles away from the AB Brewery. So you can have some great Memphis styled BBQ and then take the brewery tour. (recommend BBQ, then tour because if you are late, your selection of BBQ will be limited)
As many have raved, I ordered the pulled pork with sides of beans and potato salad. The pork was tender and moist (with a choice of four different BBQ sauces); baked beans were very flavorful (expect your palate to be wowed by the robust flavor). My buddy ordered a half of slab of ribs – cooked to perfection, the meat was tender, but not overcooked, easily pull away from the bone.
Recommend going early – in fact as soon as the front door opens because the place quickly gets crowded. You know that the place is good when you see police officers and firemen dining. When they run out of food (ribs, pulled pork), you are out of luck, come back the next day.
Another visit or two to confirm the quality and the rating will go up….