“really good food”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Neighborhood: Soulard
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I had the pulled pork which was great but my wife had the ribs which are their specialty and theye were amazing. meat fell off the bone. only open for lunch and don't let the line on the sidewalk discourage you. the line moves quickly and seat open up just in time.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,211)

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Landed in STL around 11am and made a beeline to Bogart's for lunch. We weren't dissuaded by the line out the door because it looked like it was moving rather quickly. Walked up to the counter and placed our order and in almost no time lunch was served. Seating inside was at a premium but there are picnic tables outside so seating was really no problem.

The thing I like about BBQ places is that you can have a little of each item so you aren't left wondering how the rest of the menu tastes. This time I had the pick-2 with pulled pork and brisket with beans and slaw on the side. Delicious smoky flavor and choice of 4 sauces made this one of the best BBQ I've ever had. My wife went with the 1/2 ribs which were nice and meaty with just the right "pull" off the bone.

I swear they must use "holy smoke" to make BBQ this delicious!!

Reviewed September 15, 2013

I couldn't wait to try all of the food at Bogarts, So tried pulled pork, beef brisket, and the Ribs.
Pulled Pork was just okey, Beef Brisket was horrible, and the Ribs I did not like at all. I am used to Baby Back Ribs so that could have been the reason I did not like the ribs. I was so dissapointed because of the great reviews they got. We got take out which is the way to go because they do always have long lines to get in. That means many St. Louis people love this place. Service was great and the help couldn't have been more helpfull.

Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

Hands Down The Best Ribs We Have Ever Eaten. The Pit Baked Beans Were Amazing. The Deviled Egg Potato Salad Was A Thing Of Beauty.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Went over Labor Day Weekend 2013
St. Louis is known for their great BBQ and we have tried several places. We really enjoyed the ribs at Bogart's. It is small, not fancy but the service is great. The ribs were excellent with plenty of meat on them. Several choices of sauces to try. If you are looking for something fancy don't go, but if you are looking for great BBQ Ribs, this is the place to go. I love all the small neighborhood restaurants. No chain places for us.