“Hubby's favorite RIB place in the LOU”

Bogart's Smokehouse
Ranked #4 of 2,941 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Neighborhood: Soulard
Reviewed March 19, 2013

My husband swears by this place!!!!!!! I like it but it needs to expand, the seating isnt the best so we always have to get our food to go. You will love it, get the party wings and dipping sauce. Need more side varities but overall you will love the food! We have our own smoker at home so we dont go as often.

There are newer reviews for Bogart's Smokehouse

Reviewed March 9, 2013

Bogart's has the perfect slab of ribs - meatiest I've ever had, tender, moist inside with crisp edges. Sweet with a kick. Ate there two days in a row! Every member of the staff is friendly and helpful. They get VERY busy so the ability to call ahead for a carryout comes in handy. We will eat here every time we are in St. Louis.

Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

Best BBQ I've ever had! Line does get long so I suggest you get there early. You don't order until there's a table ready, so go prepared to wait. The ribs were amazing, sweet BBQ with a good kick to it, as well as the beans, so good!!! Service was great, told the manager we were from Miami & he came back with a couple if ribs for us to taste. Loved this place!!!

Reviewed March 4, 2013

We love Bogart's, especially the presence of unusual BBQ items like prime rib and pastrami. For me, though, they clinch on their ribs, which is a badge they can obviously wear with pride. The pitmaster here also works for Pappy's, so he's involved with the number 1 and 2 in town, in my book.

Couple a visit here with a trip to Soulard's Market or the Anheuser-Busch tour. You you can also bring your food down to the International Tap House, where no food is served and carry-ins are welcome.

Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

Well I've heard great things about Bogarts, So while visiting Soulard's Market I decided to stop in for a taste. Unfortunately, my visit didn't yield my meat selection of choice (beef brisket). It was around 2:00 pm and they were sold out! So I tried the pulled pork. It was okay, nothing to write home about. The potato salad was very tasty (mustard base) and the baked beans (sweet and spicy) were delicious. I ordered one meat w/2 sides. The price was reasonable around $8.

I plan to go back to try my favorite (brisket). Overall it was a pleasant experience and the food was good. Definitely worth giving a try.