Red Roof Inn Plus St Louis-Forest Park/Hampton Avenue
Ranked #68 of 120 Hotels in Saint Louis
Overland Park, Kansas
“It was...okaay.”
Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

I'll start with the positives. The room was clean, clean sheets, and updated. It was centerally located to all the attractions we went to (Magic ahouse, Grant's Farm, Monkey Joes, MO Botanical Garden) Now, the negatives. The floor, while vacuumed, was sticky (they need to invest in a steam mop). After an hour of my daughter and I having our shoes off, our feet were black with dirt (rookie move). Overall, the room and bathroom felt cramped. You could definitely tell it was an old hotel that has been "polished" to look nicer, but they left some stuff old (like the peeling heat vent).

I maybe would stay here again, but would probably look for something a little newer.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Terra P
i0135, Front Office Manager at Red Roof Inn Plus St Louis-Forest Park/Hampton Avenue, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the St Louis - Forest Park - PLUS Red Roof.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

The staff was extremely unprofessional. The floor in the room was sticky and the AC didn't work. Staff was unhelpful. Security is a joke. 14 or more cars (including mine) were robbed and vandalized. Absolutely horrible stay. Don't pick this one!!!

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Angela W
i0135, Front Office Manager at Red Roof Inn Plus St Louis-Forest Park/Hampton Avenue, responded to this review, July 20, 2014
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review of our location. Your feedback is very important to me and my team as we continuously look for ways to improve our guest perception of our location. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that you may have experienced while choosing to lodge with us.

As proactive as we are to ensure our guest have a clean and comfortable room and that preventative maintenance is performed on a regular basis. It is a rare occasion when we miss the mark. However, we take every review as a opportunity to address and correct our valued guest concerns.

Again, thank you for taking the time to fill out a review and I sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you should your travel plans bring you back to the St. Louis area.

Travelers are raving about these Saint Louis hotels

Reviewed July 15, 2014

Good: Price, Cleanliness of room and exterior, free wireless internet, right by the HWY, QuickTrip and Hooters
Bad: No mini fridge no microwave, no iron, no blow dryer, big window with only curtain for privacy, holes in bed spread
Tips: When you check-in ask when your key has been set to expire. 2 buildings of rooms, 1 community ice machine and microwave

Room Tip: No mini fridge no microwave, no iron, no blow dryer, big window with only curtain for privacy, holes...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank You for providing us with your review. I do believe this review is for a different property. We do have irons and ironing boards in all of our rooms as well as hair dryers. We would love for you to give us a try next time you are in St. Louis. We are a newly renovated property and we have premium rooms that include a complimentary snack box, flat screen TV's, and gourmet coffee. We hope to see you in your future travels.

Lebanon, Missouri
Reviewed July 12, 2014

I stayed 3 nights and had a pleasant experience each night. I did have an upgraded room (microwave and refrigerator). Fabulous room for the location and the cost of the room. This particular hotel even had special pricing if the guest had a connection to a hospital/medical visit. (Barnes-Jewish Hospital and Washington University have major medical facilities in close proximity). I was pleasantly surprised to see that an elevator was available for guest use (2nd and 3rd floors). 100% SMOKE FREE rooms are a plus to me and the upgrades to the room made it seem more like a more expensive hotel. The fact that the wall to wall carpeting has been changed out to a different floor covering was fantastic to see and the lovely sink in the room was quite unique. All these praises and I have not even mentioned the greatest asset of this Red Roof Inn. The staff is fabulous. I did not encounter any staff member with a poor attitude. The cleaning staff on THIRD floor (where I stayed) were such professionals especially Tiffany H. Thank you for your outstanding work. I also woud be negligent if I did not mention three other members of this Inn's staff individually. Craig, you were so helpful as was Tori. Dwayne was also able to give additional assistance about good places to eat in the area. Thank you to the ENTIRE staff for a great visit. Good things happen when all employees work together to make guests feel welcome.

Room Tip: Make sure that you secure any valuables before leaving your vehicle (signs of the building suggest t...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
i0135, Front Office Manager at Red Roof Inn Plus St Louis-Forest Park/Hampton Avenue, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank You so much for your kind words about our staff. Dwayne, Tori, and Craig are good at what they do, and your comments say it all. I am also glad to see you tried one of our superior king rooms with the micro/fridge. On your next trip try one of Premium rooms they even come with a complimentary snack box. Please come see us again at the Forest Park Red Roof Inn Plus, in St. Louis.

Strommen, Norway
Reviewed July 11, 2014

Pretty good hotel! Had a good night sleep at Red Roof in St. Louis before visiting Six flags the day after. Everything was good at the hotel, but the rooms were a little outdatet, but it was enough for one night, Would stay here again

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the St Louis - Forest Park - PLUS Red Roof. We always enjoy hearing about the positive experiences our guests have at our hotels.

East Lansing, Michigan
Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

We were amazed at how quiet the rooms are! It's unfortunate that people smoke in non-smoking rooms.
The rooms are clean and the staff is amazing!! I would like to mention a few of the staff that helped us: Anthony, Barb, Melvin and Tori.
Keep up the good work!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Thank you again for sharing your experience. We look forward to seeing you in your future
travels.

Monroe, Michigan
Reviewed July 10, 2014

I was on my way to OK to pick up my daughter after she called her father and me. I am handy capped and find it really hard to walk and move around and at that time my husband was in North Carolina (A Truck Driver) so it was hard for him to go get her. It was important that we get her as soon as possible because she had been robbed and cut and was scared to stay by herself any longer. Anyway I arrived at The Red Roof Inn around 1:00 AM after driving for about 500 miles and could hardly move when I arrived. The staff at this establishment were extremely helpful especially Mrs. Jerry and Dwayne. These two individuals helped me unload and load my car, made sure I had everything I needed to make my stay as comfortable as possible. My husband and I always stay at Red Roof Inns anytime we stay in a motel, and the helpfulness from this Red Roof Inn was so appreciated not only from Me but also from my husband. Thank you so much Mrs Jerry and Dwayne.

Regards Tamera L Heimbuch

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Dear Valued Guest,

We are so excited that we were able to assist in making your stay comfortable. At the Red Roof Plus we aim to "WOW" our guests. It certainly sounds like we were able to "WOW" you. Thank You so much for reviewing our property, and saying encouraging words about our staff. Hope to see you in your future travels.