“Oh, They Have So Much More”

Red Roof Inn Plus St Louis-Forest Park/Hampton Avenue
Ranked #69 of 121 Hotels in Saint Louis
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I booked for three nights through Expedia.com. More on Expedia.com later. There was so much that went wrong its hard to start. No service, refused to supply an ice bucket. Bathroom floors weren't clean, glass rings on the furniture, waste bucket wasn't emptied after the first night. I asked for an extra wash cloth, no deal. The morning after the second night I drop some popcorn kernels fragments on the floor. There were ants all over them. I complained at the desk and they said they would spray and take care of it. When I came back in the evening there weren't any ants but nothing had been cleaned. Waste basket was full, floor still had some popcorn fragments, etc. The bathroom mirror wasn't clean. I complained and they moved me to another room. The next morning, although I had hot water for a shower, there was no hot water from the sink for a shave. When I asked for a refund I was told since I booked through Expedia.com I would have to get it from them. The desk personal could have cared less about what was going on. An hour on the phone with Expedia.com got me one day's refund, but they said they were powerless to get anymore. Last time for Red Roof and first, last, and only time using Expedia.com.

Room Tip: Stay away.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
i0135, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Plus St Louis-Forest Park/Hampton Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Dear RexGermanorium,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the St Louis - Forest Park Red Roof. I am sorry that your room was not clean up to standard, there wasn't hot water in your sink and that the entire experience did not meet your expectations; please accept my sincerest apologies.

Red Roof Inn - St Louis - Forest Park

There are newer reviews for Red Roof Inn Plus St Louis-Forest Park/Hampton Avenue

Reviewed April 13, 2013

After a very long day of traveling we landed at the RRI. This was our first experience with RRI and wewill definitely consider them again. Room was very modern, clean and QUIET. They accepted our little dog with no extra fees. When asking the desk clerk for a recommended restaurant she openly admitted that because she works nights the restaurants aren't her area of expertise. Without being asked she selected a restaurant in a busy area and printed out the mapquest for us which sent us to a location of many restaurants to choose from. While there was not a pool or inhouse restaurant it was well worth the stay for the money.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear TPASEA,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on Trip Advisor. I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the St Louis - Forest Park Red Roof.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Staff member Barbara was very helpful in answering questions upon our arrival. She was also very knowledgeable when asked about areas of interest in the St. Louis area. She assisted us in requesting cab service on several occassions

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear sgm416,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor Review. I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the St Louis - Forest Park Red Roof.

I will make sure to share your comments with the rest of our team and Barbara! Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

I stayed there the second week of March 2013. First thing when I get there at about 6pm there is a sign that says be back in 5 minutes. I waited with another guest that had already been there for 5 minutes without a phone. After about 10 minutes of waiting I called the front desk and got a rude response telling me I must have just got there. Then I had to sign some ridiculas form about smoking in one area across the parking lot next to a storage facility otherwise I would be charged $200 and kicked out. Then I get to my room on the third floor and the door is wide open. I check out the room and the smoke detector is off the wall, floor is sticky, and the ac unit is broken. The outside stairs had beer cans and plastic cups all stuck in the railings. The paper dispenser by the stairway had trash and about a years of dirt on it. This place looks ok from its pictures online but is a serious dump.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Brian H

Dear Brian H,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the St Louis - Forest Park Red Roof. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please accept my sincerest apologies.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

I was in St Louis for a last minute trip and did not make any hotel reservations. I originally called the Holiday and they quoted me $145 per night. When I arrived to the Holiday Inn the Red Roof Inn was directly behind it and I decided to check them out. That was a good decision. The Red Roof Inn has the same rates Sunday-Thurs at $71+ a night additionally, the rate is the same for any type of room! I thought this was very fortunate mainly because I was trying to save some money during this trip. When my daughter and I got settled in the room, I commend the Red Roof Inn for trying to make the room look somewhat upscale.
If you are trying to budget a trip to St Louis then by all means stay here.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank MasCabron23

Dear A1r23,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a survey on Trip Advisor. I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the St Louis - Forest Park Red Roof.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stayed there for New Years Eve in 2012. Went to a concert at The Pageant. We initially got this room because of the fair price. We had no idea it had just been completely remodeled. The room was GORGEOUS! Wood floor, flat screen mounted, large fluffy king bed, large desk area, new sink and countertops. Service was great as well. It was a great experience and we will most certainly stay there again if ever in that area.

Room Tip: Ask for a newly remodeled room
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
i0135, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Plus St Louis-Forest Park/Hampton Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Dear Sally Hill

Thank you for taking the time to write a Trip Advisor Reveiw. I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the St Louis - Forest Park Red Roof. Thank you so much for loving our Newly Remodeled Rooms!!!

Reviewed March 8, 2013

We have been staying here for the past 14 years. The rooms have just been remodeled. The past year we have been staying here every two weeks. The staff is great they take care of our every need. Twandra has been exeptional.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Dear Gary G,

Thank you for taking the time to write a Trip Advisor Review. I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the St Louis - Forest Park Red Roof. It is always a pleasure to see you and your wife every 2 weeks.