“Great Place” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #23 of 121 Hotels in Saint Louis
Tucson, Arizona
“Great Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

We were a bit leery to book said it said "downtown" but it was very easy to get to. This was one one of the best for the stars and quality. The only slight thing was the towels were very thin. This was a minor thing considering the rest of the positives. There was also a happy hour with popcorn and chips. There was a large window overlooking the city. We would go back in a heartbeat.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

What can I say but Great things, I stay here everytime I come to St Louis and this is where I will stay!!! I called ahead and requested my (normal) room which wasnt available for the dates I was going to attend. But as the date came closer, they somehow watched (thank you Nelson) and someone checked out early and I got a phone call telling me that my (normal) room that I always stay in had come available and that I would have it for the next 5 days! ( I cant tell you how that made my day) As I checked in The staff recognized me from front desk to Jason the Asst GM to Nelson the GM ! What a great feeling, as I told them all, It was like being at home!
Thank you all for a great stay and I look forward to seeing you all again soon!
Brent

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
South San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

Friendly helpful staff. My non-smoking room reeked of smoke. They changed our room in less than five minutes bring the new keys up to the room. Excellent free breakfast. Would definitely stay here again when in the area.

Siam Reap Cambodia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

Comfortable beds with great gig floor yo ceiling windows. They don't look over arch which can only be seen from the corridor. basic hot breakfast but ok, Free popcorn and soft drinks all day. Free wine and beer in the evening with nibbles. Good clean hotel with friendly staff would stay again

Room Tip: Go for rooms on higher floors
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Colin C
Fort Worth, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

My son and i stayed 3 nights (came in for a Cardinals game on Labor Day) and the place certainly lived up to its high praise reviews.. Room was great and clean; staff friendly and helpful; breakfast was amazing; popcorn and soda fountain freebie was very cool. We liked the location as well; very convenient to downtown or to the nearby suburbs where i visited a few friends. All was great untuil... our final night. Facing a long drive back home to Texas, we hit the sack about 11 PM with alarm set for 5:30 AM. And then... at 11:45 PM - Fire alarm in the building, necessitating entire evacuation. All clear sounded and back in bed by 12;30 AM. Then.. fire alarm (really loud - which is good, of course!) again at 1;30 AM...and again at 2:15 AM...and again at 3:30 AM ..and again at 4:45 AM. Groan. Stumbled down to breakfast at 6 AM... packed up for the long drive...exhausted already. I got a letter of apology included with my bill; as i checked out, desk apologized again. Oh, I suppose if i had screamed and fussed and yelled about how crummy my night was, they would have comped the night or something. But - really? - I actually assumed they would offer more than " we are so sorry... but have a nice day." I don't do the "consumer scream so i can have my way" thing. A lot of folks do, and it almost always works. Guess I could try to learn.

Room Tip: Elevator can be a little slow; we were on 10th floor, so - just a heads up to be patient and you'...
1 Thank CardsFan64
DruryHotels, General Manager at Pear Tree Inn St. Louis Near Union Station, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Pear Tree Inn makes Guest Safety a number one priority. During that evening, the alarm did sound several times yet could not be determined what initiated the alarm. Therefore, we decided to err on the side of guest safety and keep the system on line until the true nature of these alarms could be determined. We do apologize for this and realize a good nights sleep is of utmost importance. We have a Manager on Duty at all times who is available to address any guests concerns.
Rogers, Arkansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

The hotel is pet friendly, had my dog with me. My first room, the AC didn't work, after reporting it there was a repair man there within 10 min. they couldn't repair it so i changed rooms without a problem. The hot breakfast was good. They allowed me a late check out time without problem.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

This was a great place! Free parking, friendly staff, and nice rooms. They had a great breakfast. Fresh fruit, bagels, waffles, yogurt you name it. The free popcorn at night was also great. One night we went downstairs and they had games you could take and place. So, we grabbed the dominos and played a couple rounds.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family