“Katt Williams Concert”

Pear Tree Inn St. Louis Near Union Station
Ranked #26 of 123 Hotels in Saint Louis
Reviewed November 26, 2011

Have been to STL many times and have never stayed here before. So glad I finally did --- everything was great : room was clean,indoor pool area was nice with pool towels, free hot breakfast was good just busy- need to get there to beat the crowd, but there was plenty. Free snacks and drinks for happy hour(soda,beer and wine).The staff was very nice and helpful. Location is great for downtown events, free parking garage at the hotel. The views of the Arch are awesome from the hotel !!! Plan on staying here in all my future trips to the Lou !!!

Room Tip: at the East end of each hall it gives you a great view of the Arch - we stayed on the 8th floor fac...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Linda K

Reviewed November 16, 2011

I have absolutely no complaints about this hotel. My room was comfortable and had everything what I needed. I had even a fridge in my room. I had a good view from my room on the 10th floor altough I could not see the arch! But I believe there are rooms with a view on the arch. Breakfast was also good. Hotel staff are friendly and helpful. I did not take advantage of the happy hour but you could see it was busy with hotel guests during that time. The hotel is near Union Station but this is a former railway station which has shops and restaurants. A few blocks further are Amtrak, Greyhound and the Scottrade Center. Downtown Saint Louis and the arch are a long walk from the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
Thank A.Brouwer
Reviewed November 1, 2011

We stayed at The Pear Tree Inn on Market Street near Union Station during the World Series games. We were really pleased with the facilities, staff and location.
Pros:
Free hot breakfast with unlimited soda and coffee throughout the day, snacks and beer/wine in the evening.
Pleasant room with nice views of the landscape.
Rooms and building were very well maintained.
$4.00 round trip shuttle to the Cardinals games
Nice pool area, very few people were using it - though it might have been because the World Series games was going on during our stay
Professional staff/helpful
Walking distance of downtown (1 mile) - and yes I'd say it's a safe area. We walked at night with our two kids ages 9 & 11. We did see a few homeless people, though no one approached us.
Parking is free and secured in a locked ramp.
It's near the train station (both metro and amtrak)
This is the best hotel for this price I have ever stayed at, and it's one of the nicer hotels I've been to. It's not a resort though - it's a hotel.
Restaurant/bar on site - we did not eat there. Noise from bar not a problem even with the game going on.

Cons:
The first room they assigned us was occupied - they quickly reassigned us- and no more problems.
Hotel staff was uncertain of the shuttle run times ( the bar in the hotel actually runs it) and gave out inaccurate information to several guests. So please check with the bar rather then the front desk if you want the most accurate information. Maybe they were confused due to some schedule changes made due to the World Series. At any rate, we barely made the shuttle to the game and ended up walking back to the hotel - which was just fine.

I'd recommend this hotel to everyone - Couples, families, groups (they have some adjoining rooms too).

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 31, 2011

We went down for a weekend away and the hotel was perfect for us. It is close enough to walk downtown but isn't down in the middle of all of it. The happy hour they provide was fun with drinks and snacks and the breakfast was very good. Our room was very clean and comfortable. We ate and watched the baseball game at the restaurant attached to the hotel and the food was great and reasonably priced. The hotel also offers free parking in a garage with in and out privileges which was very helpful. Overall our stay was wonderful and would definitely return, the staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 23, 2011

went to St. Louis for a wedding, spent little time in hotel. nice and clean. got vouchers for drinks and nibbles in bar that evening-but had to leave before it started. breakfast next morning was very nice if a bit crowded. hotel pretty full, football game that day.rates very reasonable!
nice views also.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 20, 2011

Staff at the hotel were very helpful and friendly. Services offered (swimming pool, gym room etc) were as described on the website. Breakfast was fresh, hot and plentiful. King size bedroom we had, overlooked the swimming pool, which was fine with us as we were not in the hotel much. It is a short walk to Union Station and the Arch and there is some good close restaurants to eat in.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 17, 2011

I was at this hotel over this last weekend. I brought with me 23 other people on a church tour of the city. Overall I was pleased. I really was impressed with ALL the staff. I found them ready and willing to be of service even when I spilled my breakfast coffee. One couple did have a problem with the room not being cleaned. The only other problem I had was that I confused this hotel with the Drury Inn which was across the street from Union Station. Although Pear Tree is a subsidary of Drury Inns, it is about a block from Union Station. The other problem was that I told my group that we would get "heavy snacks" that could substitute for an evening meal. This "snacktime" was not at the Pear Tree Inn but the Drury Inn. This was my problem in making the wrong assumption. However, the breakfast was more than adequate.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends