“Quick lunch during volleyball tournament ”
Review of Mizu Sushi Bar

Mizu Sushi Bar
Ranked #514 of 3,308 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Neighborhood: Downtown
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed March 14, 2019 via mobile

Just came in for a quick lunch with my daughter. She chose teriyaki chicken and I decided to get teriyaki salmon. Both of the lunches came with steamed rice , salad, 4 Cali rolls, and 2 dumplings. The food was very satisfying. We will definitely come back for sushi.

Date of visit: March 2019

Reviewed October 15, 2018 via mobile

Sushi was really good! Drinks were very expensive. Atmosphere is great! Lots of space and room for larger parties if you add tables together.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed March 23, 2018 via mobile

We had a group celebrating a coworkers retirement. We were able to make reservations for 14 on short notice. The restaurant was quiet, the perfect place to enjoy each other’s company. And, the food was wonderful. Lots of variety! The sushi, ramen and bulgogi were delicious. Highly recommend!

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed December 8, 2017

My family stopped in here for an appetizer and drinks while we killed time before another reservation. Waited 30 minutes and only managed to get water. No one ever came to take our order, not even for drinks. Had to leave. We never even knew who our server was supposed to be.
When we arrived at our other restaurant another couple asked us if they had just seen us at Mizu, because they were just there, too, doing the same thing. They had managed to put in an order but finally ran out of time because the service was so slow and had to cancel their order.
Seemed like there was one sushi chef, one person in the kitchen, and one girl who's sole job it was to fill water glasses.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed November 27, 2017 via mobile

Mizu has a welcoming and open, spacious feel to it. The service is exceptionally responsive and the sushi is excellent. I've eaten sushi in Japan and this is as good as I enjoyed from Tsukiji Fish Market in downtown Tokyo. How often do you get personal service from the owner? Even she is attentive. I was encouraged to take my time and really enjoy my meal and I did. The value for what I bought was outstanding. I left stuffed with fresh sushi for under $20 and caught a little of the Monday Night Football pregame. Mizu is just a couple blocks from the Marriott where I stay. If you are downtown and are looking for excellent food and great service, this is your place! Don't miss it!

Date of visit: November 2017