“Perfect Location- Wonderful Local feel”
Review of Hotel Avyan

Hotel Avyan
Ranked #92 of 121 Hotels in Saint Louis
Reviewed May 4, 2014

We stay at HIExpress properties several times a year. We enjoy that they show local color rather than having a scripted feel. This location has wonderful local feel. Sara who takes care of the breakfast is about a genuine and wonderful as it gets. We would return just to see her again.
The location is perfect. We were traveling to Oklahoma so 44 was our route. This is 30 seconds off and 30 seconds on from 44. We stayed on both directions between Pa. and Oklahoma and were happy both times. Fitness room is minimal. Furnishings are dated. WARNING! Do not order BBQ from Smilio's to be delivered. It is awful. Not spoiled- just terrible. They should be embarrassed. Holiday Inn Express should consider if it should pass out the menu to their guests. St. Louis has great BBQ available- do not make this mistake.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Richard D
There are newer reviews for Hotel Avyan

Reviewed March 10, 2014

My husband and I stayed here while visiting a sick relative. The hotel is gated which can be a little uncomfortable at first, however, it gives you a pretty safe feeling. The staff is very nice and the lady who works in the kitchen area was extra sweet, and talked to us about some of the local sites. We will definitely visit again (only it will not be snowing) , and will more than likely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank VeeSouth
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Avyan, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Dear VeeSouth,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. We are pleased to see you enjoyed your time at the hotel, and look forward to serving you again in the future.

Ben J

Reviewed November 3, 2013

The staff here was really nice and welcoming. We had been traveling through on our way to New Jersey for kind of a cross-country trip. Our kids were very restless from being on the road for so long, so they definitely needed the pool. We stayed at a Holiday Inn previously on our trip, and we loved it, so that is what brought us to this location. I think the consistency in amenities of Holiday Inn Express brand is what I love. The location of this particular hotel was pretty good, and fairly easy to find. However, I wish I would have requested a top floor room, as the people above us were pretty noisy. That is something that is beyond anyone's control, though. My family and I are planning on staying again on our way back home. I read a review about a vehicle getting broken in to, but we didn't have any issues.

Room Tip: Request top floor
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Jane M
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I always book a Holiday Inn Express whenever I can for the reliable brand amenities including complimentary hot breakfasts, free wifi, free fitness room and printer access. This particular HIE is in a very convenient location off Rt 44, out of the downtown area but easy to access most any StL attraction by car, bus or bike. The best things about this place are the wonderful people running the front desk, and in particular the breakfast room. The worst things were the signs of lackadaisical management - the printer out of toner for the entire 3 days I was there (despite assurances that the manager had been informed, and with no sign put up to warn you before you wasted time on the computer), the downstairs mens room out of order for the entire 3 days, the kitchen running out of coffee cream, and shower/tub fixtures starting to fall apart. None of these things was a huge issue by itself, but overall I had the sense of being in a cheaper crappier hotel than a Holiday Inn Express, even though this one did seem to have been recently built or renovated. I might stay here again anyway, but I'd look around a bit first.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank erxraydoc
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Avyan, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2013

Dear erxraydoc,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your stay. It is nice to know that you found our location convenient and your check-in experience was commendable. I regret the issues you encountered with the facilities and amenities. We take all reviews negative or positive very seriously and your feedback will help us improve our efforts.

Your patronage and support to the hotel is very important to us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Regards,

Pam G

Reviewed October 13, 2013

We recently stayed here because we were going to a hockey game and it is very close to downtown St. Louis. April, at the front was extremely friendly and efficient. We were checked in within minutes and in our room which was very spacious and very comfortable. Cab ride to downtown was around 10 bucks and the hotel gives three different cab companies to call when you check in. The bathroom was one of the bigger bathrooms we have had at any hotel and had marble countertops. The entire hotel was very clean, and they offer a very nice breakfast

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jamerican1999
Reviewed September 9, 2013

HIX will not place my review on their website. We stayed in this hotel and had our car broken into, along with approximately 16 other cars in one night. The location is not in a safe area. Little did we know this had happened earlier in the week (found that out from the news people that spent the entire next morning broadcasting from the hotel). It had also happened earlier in the year.

I feel HIX should at least consider the safety of their guests and employees. They gave me the runaround when I tried to work with them. The owners won't respond and HIX Corporate tells me there is nothing they can do. This is unsafe. They could hire off duty officers or install a gate. The side door doesn't even work with your card!

In my opinion HIX is not worried enough about your safety or the safety of your vehicle to spend a little extra.

The room....nice beds, clean. However, handle fell off of door, hair dryer did not work, shower curtain kept falling apart, room smelled and felt damp, fold out was not even sleepable for a child.

They do not care. Got our money and now want us to go away!

Avoid this place!!!

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank BigFamTravel
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Avyan, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Dear BigFamTravel,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I certainly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. Guest comfort and safety are of the utmost concern to us and our hotels are committed to making every possible effort to provide a secure environment. We take comments such as these very serious and would like to follow up with you. I have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Lera P

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stayed at this hotel a couple years ago and returned for a return visit for a baseball game.
The hotel is easy to find, clean and comfortable. Since I was going to the game, I caught the bus, just a cross the street and transferred to the train which stopped right outside the stadium. It is also close to the attractions, although the neighborhood is a little sketchy, I had no problems being female and traveling alone.
The front desk was helpful, since I showed up before checking in time, they held my luggage when I went to the game. The room was clean and comfortable, quiet. Typical HI breakfast, which isn't anything to brag about, but it was good and plenty to eat.
I would stay again and recommend it to family and friends.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo