“GOOD VISIT”

Ranked #89 of 121 Hotels in Saint Louis
Okmulgee, Oklahoma
“GOOD VISIT”
Reviewed November 5, 2011

I was wondering how our stay at this hotel would be after reading some of the reviews.
The reviews is why I am making this comment. I purchased RAMS vs SAINTS tickets just to
watch Sam Bradford play (we watched and follow Sam at OU). Well, Sam had a hurt ankle and
did not play. Well, our visit was not a lose, we watched the RAMS beat the Saints, we watched the CARDINALS parade. We were in the middle of the 1,000,002 spectators.
Also, we stayed at your motel and it was very, very nice. The motel lobby and kitchen area
were clean, food was the normal Holiday Inn food (which was warm and fresh). Our room was one of the cleanest motel rooms we have stayed at. I normally sleep on my own pillows, not this time, I used the pillows in the room. We were comfortable and felt safe. The parking lot had massive lighting which shined in our room. But, that was a simple fix with a hair clip closing the curtains. The area was an older area behind the motel, newer/modern area in front of motel.
We had a nice experience at this hotel, I would recommend it, and I would stay there again. Next time I will make sure Sam plays before I purchase tickets and drive from OKLAHOMA!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Peggy B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed September 30, 2011

I got a room here through Priceline. I live in St. Louis but intended to stay downtown during a convention. I added a day at the beginning of the stay to accommodate a friend from out of town who was coming a day early, and when I appeared at the front desk to ask if I needed to check in a second time, the manager on duty informed me that if I wanted to keep the same room I would have to pay the difference between the Priceline rate I'd already paid and the hotel's asking price--a difference of $108 plus tax per day (a number she seemed to arrive at quite arbitrarily). Since my roommate wasn't there to consult (and since his stuff wasn't packed) I reluctantly accepted. The manager on duty was rude, condescending and contemptuous, and made no attempt to be pleasant or hospitable. How such a person ever rose to a management position in the hospitality industry is baffling to me. She said that booking through Priceline was a mistake, and she made it quite clear that people who booked through Priceline were not valued on par with guests who booked directly. My total bill from the hotel (not counting what I paid Priceline in advance) was $375. Avoid this one like the plague; I'm still trying to get satisfaction from Priceline and Holiday Inn but I'm not holding my breath.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
5 Thank texlebeauf
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed September 28, 2011

I agree with previous comment on cab ripp off, we had similar experience with CAB driver recommended by Hotel. Not sure why Hotel continued to call this guy? We actually paid lot more then usual cab charges to go back to airport then we paid from airport to hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
9 Thank Rick M
Waynesville, Missouri
Reviewed September 23, 2011

Hotel was.. ok. I am priority club and was not greeted as such. Front desk staff was also.. ok. The rooms were very nice and spacious! the beds were comfy and the bathrooms were clean. There is a shady gas station next door so traveling with 2 young children was sort of scary. one plus is that it did have a pool and a very nice hot breakfast.
If you are looking for a hotel that is in a central location this place was good. close to the zoo, sculpture park, arch, ect... all in all the best way to describe this hotel was it was simply ok.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed September 19, 2011

We stayed there last week, good rooms, nice hotel but unprofessional front desk staff, we asked for CAB, they arranged a lousy cab driver, who actually ripped us off by charging more money then he should have charged. This is our second time Hotel called for this price gauging cab. when i complained to front desk, they said this is their recommended CAB and management wants only this guy to be called.

Good Housekeeping staff, nice rooms but very unprofessional front desk and worst manager. She was very unreceptive, even for constructive suggestions. This hotel even charges for FAX, and higher room rates on regular basis. I stayed here before and thought this time it will be better service. Our stay was worst ever in any HOLIDAY INN.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
10 Thank John t
Wilmington, Delaware
Reviewed August 15, 2011

Ask for directions for the Lafayette Fire House Grill restaurant located on Park Avenue. A great place for dinner or lunch with a special theme.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Norcross, Georgia
Reviewed July 29, 2011

Hotel and staff were great. breakfast was wonderful, though the breakfast area did not have much seating. Show some age and a few smells in the hallway, but overall in good condition. Perfect for a night or 2 and easy access via 2 turns to get to downtown and all the attractions. Parking are is enclose by wrought iron fence- and that was welcome since the neighborhood looked like a drive-by could happen at anytime with run down buildings, closed supermarket, etc. However i woudl definitely stay here if your intention is to be a tourist all day and just come back to the hotel for rest and breakfast- don't plan to walk anywhere at night.

Room Tip: See if you can get one of the suites shich has a living room are with a sleeper loveseat.