“Not the place it use to be.”
Review of Cafe Osage

Cafe Osage
Ranked #157 of 2,926 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Ladue, Missouri
“Not the place it use to be.”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Had lunch here the other day - Cobb Salad. The lettuce was not fresh and didn't look very appealing. There was a lot brown on the lettuce. After I pushed that aside there wasn't much left of the salad. All of us decided to have dessert, which is a rare event. I had the blueberry bread pudding. It lacked that rich buttery flavor most bread pudding has. This was loaded with sugary sweet white chocolate and the blueberries were flavorless. The bread was dry. I left over half of it. I decided why eat all those calories if it was not fabulous. Where did the Cafe Osage go to that I could always count on?

• Visited September 2013

“Dine in the middle of a garden”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

By chance we found this restaurant which is attached to a garden shop & greenhouse. There us dining inside & out. They raise their own herbs & produce & use local befits as well. We had brunch, which was terrific, and will return for dinner on our next visit. The food was fresh and tasty, service was very good. We were seated quickly without a reservation.
We visited the garden shop after brunch and the plants were as fabulous as the food. A must if you visit St.Louis!

• Visited August 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
“very disappointing”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

The ambiance is most pleasant, and they supposedly grow their veggies across the street, but the salads consisted of very tired ingredients. I had less than fresh spinach, peaches and strawberries (sounded great on the menu) and my significant other had a Cobb salad which had 'cut not torn' Romaine which had been waiting several days to be served. The dessert we shared, flourless chocolate cake, was average.

• Visited July 2013
Statesboro, Georgia
“Setting and food come together in toothsome pleasure”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

The setting is glorious, the food - especially the daily scrambles - beyond delicious. Orange juice so fresh it tastes like it was squeezed at the table.
Be prepared for a wait, however. Especially on the weekend.

• Visited May 2013
Kirkwood, Missouri
“It's a restaurant, it's a nursery, it's a delight”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Mother's Day isn't exactly the best day to go out for brunch. But my wife and I did. We got to Cafe Osage about 12:15 and were told, very politely, there'd be a wait of between 1 and 2 hours... unless we wanted to sit at the bar. My wife quickly grabbed two stools and we sat.. and enjoyed ourselves immensely. As busy as the two bartenders were, they found time to talk with us, suggest items, keep our coffee cups filled, and serve our breakfast. Which was delicious. I had a Mexican egg wrap, or something like that. My wife had a baked egg dish, unusual and very tasty. We ended up sitting there for an hour and half, enjoying the passing parade, the conversation, and - like I said - the coffee. Around us were mothers of all shapes and sizes, plus the endless array of plants, flowers and trees in the nursery. If you want a place that unique, memorable, and serves flavorful dishes, check out Cafe Osage.

• Visited May 2013