“good hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Virginia
“good hotel”
Reviewed April 9, 2007

This hotel has a great location - right across the street from metrolink, a block from Scottrade Center and 5-6 blocks from Busch Stadium
The front desk was a little slow (1 person to check people in) but very nice - the rooms were huge and clean (very impt)
we made several special requests as we had 4 people in the room (more pillows, more towels, more toilet paper) and received everything we requested within 15-20 minutes
the card reader in the elevator a little tricky but worth it for extra security
the breakfast prices were very reasonable by hotel standards ($10-$12) and the food was good
the front desk had pizza delivery recommendations handy and they were right on with the recommendation

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — we had an inside room which was dark but someone has to be inside . . . .
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with friends
3 Thank ru84lrg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
chicago, IL
Reviewed March 18, 2007

My daughter (age 7) and I were in St. louis visiting friends. We usually like to stay at Sheratons (good price, good quality). Upon checkin, the hotel upgraded us to a suite for no apparent reason. We were thrilled. We found the swimming pool to be fine and the restaurant a little expensive but very nice.

• Liked — getting upgraded
  • Disliked — isolated location
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
1 Thank travelcat62
Texas
Reviewed January 31, 2007

I have stayed at this hotel for several weeks on business. The digs are nice enough, but the service can be quite bizarre. For example, the first night that I stayed here, it took 45 minutes to get a room-service menu. (My first attempt resulted in delivery to my room of a Yellow Pages. Uh...not really what I had in mind.) There were cookies honoring my new status as a rewards-program member, but they were incredibly stale and the personalized note had my name spelled wrong. This is just the kind of thing that I have come to expect from this hotel, which unfortunately is my project's preferred hotel in the area. / The staff are nice enough but they always seem to mess things up. Tonight someone showed up at my door with a turn-down mint and said "We do this every night." Well, I was here last night, and she wasn't here then, nor was any mint! / Last night I asked for a salad with "the bleu cheese on the side" and instead got a salad with, surprise!, bleu cheese all over it. Five minutes later the delivery guy was back with a side of bleu cheese dressing. / It's a bit (a lot?) like being down Alice's rabbit hole. If that isn't what you're after, I'd avoid staying here.

• Liked — beds
  • Disliked — bizarre service experiences
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank traveler14tx

Travelers are raving about these Saint Louis hotels

Virginia
Reviewed December 7, 2006

As a "guys" weekend, we decided to visit St. Louis and the beautiful New Busch Stadium. We selected this hotel because it seemed close to the ballpark. Indeed, it was about 5 blocks away. Even better, light rail was across the street that we took most everywhere, including to and from the airport. This roundtrip to/from the airport cost us each a grand total of $4.50.

We got a suite with 2 queen beds in one room and a sleeper sofa in another. Perfect considering one of us is a terrible snorer. The rooms were very large and accomodated us well. They also had plenty of towels for 3 adults. We were not anywhere near the elevators or the atrium and did not experience any problems with noise.

The front desk staff was great. They gave us directions, coupons and suggestions on where to eat. The desk clerk even did an on-line check-in for each of us the night before our flights home.

This was a very good stay.

• Liked — Location, staff
  • Disliked — Can't think of a negative
  • Tips/Secrets — Use the light rail service!
  • Stayed June 2006, traveled with friends
4 Thank grhokie
Jacksonville, FL
Reviewed November 14, 2006

I was there on business Nov. 1, 2006 for two nights. Check-in was easy, very nice staff. The hotel was full the nights I was there. I had a King-non-smoking. The non-smoking rooms all face the interior courtyard. The rooms are very large. The bed was great. Room was clean and I am very picky. I had breakfast at the hotel, as always, over priced but it was good. The lunch menue was limited but all the meals were $7.95. I had a fried checken salad, it was large and very good. Great value and the staff again was great. There is a $15.00 a day parking fee so add that to your cost. The only problem I had was the lighting in the room. It was very low, so low you could not read a news paper in the room. They need to add some more watts to those light bulbs. Other than that It was a good stay at a full service hotel.

• Liked — The bed slept great.
  • Disliked — The lighting in the room was to low.
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled on business
1 Thank asasasasasasa
Chicago
Reviewed October 29, 2006

Hotel itself is fine, nothing great but not bad. However, days after my stay an extra $19 charge appeared on my account. I called and was told it was for use of the honor bar. I had not taken anything from the honor bar or even touched it. While the hotel indicated the charge would be taken off my credit card, no explanation was provided for how this "mistake" occurred in the first place, and I am simply too busy to have to check up with hotels after every stay to make sure there are no phony charges to my card.

I travel to St. Louis very frequently. For less than $20, this hotel lost a potential repeat customer. Mistakes happen, I realize that. However, my call to dispute the charge was met with a somewhat "here we go again" attitude that made me think this was not an isolated incident.

Not a bad place to stay, but watch your credit card statement afterwards.

Stayed October 2006
KC, MO
Reviewed September 14, 2006

Overall, the hotel was not bad. However, this is not the best hotel in St. Louis, with a similar price. The hotel and rooms were clean. However, the airconditioner could not keep up. As a previous reviewer stated, the living room part of the suites are dark. I had suite, in which the bedroom had a window facing outside. However, a good portion of the rooms have windows that face the interior of the hotel. I don't know what they are like, b/c I did not stay in them.

I can say that the gentlemen who worked the conceirge and assited with baggage, were great. They remind me of the service we used to receive in hotels. People who go out of the way to help you and do it with a smile. The same could not be said for the young guys in valet parking. Each time I called down 15-30 min prior to needing my car. However, when I asked if they got my car, they stated the car was on its way down. However, I found out they had not pulled the ticket and did not plan to. The aveage wait was 20 minutes. Save your self the money and self-park you car.

Unless you have to be next to the Savis Center or get a good deal on the rate, I would recommend the Drury Inn.

• Stayed August 2006, traveled on business