“Sometimes OK sometimes NOT”

St. Louis City Center Hotel
Ranked #95 of 124 Hotels in Saint Louis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 13, 2009

I have stayed at this hotel a number of times. This time around carpets were stained, dirty bed comforter, very dated TV's, no hot water one morning, meager club room selections.
Great location ...but they could do a lot better

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,069)

Reviewed October 13, 2009

The room was very nice, spacious really. There was a couch and chair, two tvs, ironing board, plenty of room for clothes, etc. Two queen size beds, wonderfully comfortable mattresses, pillows and down like comforters.
The vanity is outside of the toilet area which is also seperate from the whirlpool tub and shower. The room has a small refigerator. The in room coffe was also really good coffee, with liquid creamers.
The hotel is right next to the Metrolink which takes you around town and to the airport.
The hotel food was good, but pretty expensive. Brunch as 15.95 and "just ok" in my opinion.
Hotel staff were helpful too! They told us what was close for entertainment and dining.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed October 7, 2009

Great woman valet, very helpful front desk, good resturant with a very friendly staff and THE BEST MATTRESS AND PILLOWS I have ever had in a hotel.

Reviewed September 21, 2009

I chose to stay in this hotel one weekend due to how close it was to the Cardinals Stadium. I parked in valet parking and handed over my keys. The next morning I went to pickup my vehicle only to discover that the valet had handed over my car keys to a thief that had walked up and claimed to have my car. They did not verify he had a room or was the owner of the car. I then had to ask for a rental car to get home only to discover it had not been paid for as promised and I had to pay out of pocket. I am now out my time, money and belongings dealing with their negligence. I was told by my insurance company that they have had cars stolen from the Sheraton before.

1  Thank asaner
Reviewed September 11, 2009

My wife and i took a relaxing "get out of town for the long weekend"trip. The Sheraton is a nice little spot away away from a lot of hustle and bustle, even though a bus hub is across the street. The rooms are a good size, but many of the regular rooms face to an atrium, not the outside, so at times that can be bothersome, but nothing that cant be overlooked. The water pressure in the shower was something out of a driving rain storm and was refreshing, although i am sure some would have a problem with it. The staff was friendly and answered many of the questions with courtesy.
The restaurant was very limited in the choice for breakfast and dinner. We ate there as we had certificates that we purchased online. If not for those we would not have eaten at the restaurant, as it was very expensive for the selection that is offered.
One of the best parts is the 13th floor where the pool/weight room is located. The views are amazing and the pool is very good sized. They also have a open air balcony where you can sit and relax. My wife and I used that area to drink some cofee and read the morning paper, that was very nice to do.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
rkravitzgm, General Manager at St. Louis City Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2009

Thank you for your comments regarding The Sheraton St Louis. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. Please keep in mind for your future visits that your breakfast options are not limited to The Bistro 14. We also have our Starbucks/giftshop with grab and go items.
I will share your kind words with all of my assocaites.
RKravitz

Reviewed September 8, 2009

While the rooms are large, we felt the Sheraton was overpriced for what you get. the rooms we outdated and the furniture was worn. Our view was an overpass on the interstate. While I usually don't mind my view, every room in the hotel either looked at the highway or old warehouses. The location was not that close to downtown. It would take quite a walk to get there. The area around the hotel was pretty run down.

Also, there is no breakfast. Your only choice (other then driving to another restaurant) is the hotel restuarant where you can have a very average buffett for $16 a person. There is a Starbucks in the building, but don't expect much from there. Apparently they are not a full service Starbucks. No speciality drinks, no breakfast , the only choice is three different types of coffee. Cable is also very basic, you get about ten channels to choose from.

While the service from the staff is great here, I would not stay here again unless they changed or lowered their prices.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Angiebelle
rkravitzgm, general manager at St. Louis City Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2009

We certainly do not deny that this unfortunate situation did occur. We do apologize on behalf of our business partner who manages our garage and valet services. I would like to mention however that in the two years of being the general manager of this hotel, there have been no other incidents like this that have occured. I am also quite sure it did not happen at this location prior to my arrival. To sum up accurately, this is not a normal occurance.
Please understand that the hotel has taken the appropriate measures to insure that this does not happen again.
R Kravitz

Reviewed August 31, 2009

This is my 2nd stay here, and I would defintely go back. The rooms were huge, including a full size sofa, chair and coffee table, as well as a roomy desk with electric outlets where they should be and a very nice bathroom. The room looked out on a courtyard, so it wasn't as bright as I might have liked. The bed was probably the most comfortable bed I've ever experienced. The staff couldn't have been nicer. I forgot my iPod charger, and the desk clerk, Courtney, brough his personal one in for me to borrow the next day, even though it was his day off. I was very impressed by that great bit of customer service.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends