St. Louis City Center Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Westin St. Louis(Saint Louis)
  • Room Service
  • Pool
  • Pool
View Hotel
Marriott St. Louis Grand(Saint Louis)
  • Room Service
1,100 results
All reviewssun deckscott trade centerbusch stadiumhockey gameamtrak stationwet barscotttrade centersitting arearoom was largemini fridgeking bedgateway archbluespeabodysinkszoostl
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 27, 2009

My wife and I stayed at this facility July 23 and 24. We were in St. Louis to celebrate our anniversary, and had booked the hotel through Hotwire at a greatly discounted rate. We found the Hotwire rate to be a blessing, as the Sheraton was grossly overpriced on all things related to their property.
The first shock and insult was the $17.00 per day parking fee. I understand parking is often at a premium in the larger cities, but such a price is beyond belief. A tempting bottle of water displayed on the bar that had a note advising of a $3.00 charge if consumed was most annoying and tacky. $14.50 for a cheeseburger and $15.90 for the breakfast were two more laughably expensive (we did not bother with the restaurant) offerings.
Housekeeping was decent, if late in the day. We returned to our room late Friday afternoon and found no one had been there yet to restock the coffee and make the beds. We left for dinner and came back after 8:00 and found the room straightened and a "bonus" bottle of cleaner/sanitizer left behind.
The Sheraton's location was handy and across from a Metrolink station.
I will not slam the hotel, as it is a nice facility with a clean pool and good-sized rooms. In summary, the Sheraton City Center is a good hotel, but one that will go beyond the call with surchrages and nickeling and diming you to death. There are better choices in St. Louis, and I would recommend the others before this property.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JDGArkansas
rkravitzgm, general manager at St. Louis City Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2009

Thank you for your feedback. I hope that you will join us again soon. I am disappointed to read about your housekeeping experience. I will definately address this with my department leadership. Please understand that this is not a regular occurance.
As for parking, we do list this on our websites all fees such as internet and parking. Most downtown hotels of our calibur do have parking fees.
Again, thank you for your business.
RKravitz

Reviewed July 18, 2009

Wonderful service all around, including Silvester, the bellman, and Michelle, a waitress in the Bistro restaurant. First time to St Louis and I was wonderfully impressed with the service in the city all around, especially the two mentioned here. Great job Sheraton.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
rkravitzgm, General Manager at St. Louis City Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2009

I am glad you enjoyed your restaurant experience with Michelle.
Come back soon!

RKravitz

Reviewed July 16, 2009

My husband and I lived in St. Louis for four years, and this was one of my favorite downtown buildings, so when we returned for a weekend visit, I booked a room here. The location was great, and there a lot of sites within walking distance, like Busch stadium and the arch. The restaurant wasn't great (service was friendly but slow and food was blah); luckily, the 50%-off cards that we received as hotel guests helped keep the dining costs down. I was dreading the valet parking advertised on the hotel's web site, but we were pleasantly surprised to learn that there was also a small self-park garage (only problem was, there were tons of SUVs taking up more-than-one-parking space, so when we returned to our hotel room late at night, we had a terrible time squeezing into a space).

One interesting thing about this building is that it's not only a hotel-- it's also a condominium association. The residents and guests share a lobby and the courtyard, and it's a little strange to see the "front porches" from the pool level.

Our room faced the courtyard, so we had no natural light source, which made it pretty dark and drab. The sheets were scratchy, but the mattress was at least soft and comfy. The in-room coffee only had one self-serve pouch, so we ended up getting our coffee at either the restaurant or the on-site starbucks.

On our second day in town, after returning from sight-seeing, we opened the door to realize that the cleaning staff had forgotten to clean our room, so we complained about that. The staff came back and cleaned it while we went to dinner.

Overall, the hotel experience didn't live up to my expectations, and I wouldn't stay here again, nor would I recommend this hotel to a friend. In the past, I've stayed at the Renaissance on Washington Ave., and had a much more pleasant experience there-- so if you're looking for a hotel in downtown St. Louis, head in that direction.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
rkravitzgm, general manager at St. Louis City Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2009

I appreciate all of your feedback. In response to the restaurant, I want you to know that we will be launching our new menu early August. I am sure that you will enjoy it next time.
I have shared your thoughts on your housekeeping experience with the appropriate operations manager. I assure you that what happend is not a normal experience.
Again, I appreciate all that you had to say.

Reviewed July 13, 2009

We stayed here one night while we were in town visiting the attractions. This was not my first choice while staying in St. Louis but if you get a fair price as we did I would stay here again.

The hotel seemed fairly busy (Cardinals game) when we arrived but check-in was very quick. With all the people staying there I figured it might be a noisy night but everyone was well behaved and I don't remember hearing anything outside of our room.

Inside the room we had a neat view of the arch. The room seemed a little dated but was pretty clean. The beds were very comfortable. We called the front desk for an extra comforter for the pull-out bed and they had a quick response.

In the morning we had breakfast at the restaurant next to the lobby. It was a little pricey but everyone was very pleased with what they ordered. With three young kids that doesn't happen all the time.

We did park our vehicle in the parking garage (which was packed full). I think the price to park was $20.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family

Thank you for you kind comments. We love having Cardinal fans in the hotel. It certainly brings a fun "Buzz" to the weekends here in St Louis. I am also glad you enjoyed the new Sheraton Sweet Sleeper.

I will share your thoughts with my staff.

Reviewed June 29, 2009

We just returned from a three night stay at the Sheraton City Center and were happy with the overall experience.  Our room was very large, clean and comfortable, and the location, although somewhat out of the way was more than adequate, and a safe. moderate walk to the ballpark area.  Were very pleased with the front desk staff who were very helpful answering any questions we had.  Were a little miffed by the $17/day parking rate, but the very reasonable rate we received through Hotwire more than made up for it,  plus expensive parking is always the norm in any downtown.  Would have preferred staying closer to the ballpark if given the choice, but would definitely stay here again if we got another reasonable rate.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
rkravitzgm, General Manager at St. Louis City Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2009

I truly appreciate your comments about your stay at the Sheraton St Louis. I will definately share your thoughts with the team. I am also glad that you found value booking through Hot Wire. We post there regularly.
I look forward to hosting you again soon.