“Not worth a stay”

St. Louis City Center Hotel
Ranked #95 of 123 Hotels in Saint Louis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

I will start with positives...beds comfy and nice size rooms. Room has couch and t.v. However rooms are outdated with older furniture even though hotel is not that old. We had a horrible experience.in lobby bar\restaurant. It took us 50 minutes to get a drink served to us. We were never given silverware or napkins for food. Parking is expensive. BAR\restaurant was over priced too. 17 bucks for one night to park. For the price, I would recommend staying at a different hotel downtown. You can getore for your money at many different hotels downtown.

• Stayed: November 2013
mwright1973, Manager at St. Louis City Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2013

Dear Tracey C,

Thank you choosing the Sheraton St. Louis City Center Hotel & Suites, and for taking the time to share your experience from you last visit.

I sincerely apologize for the lack of attention to detail on the part of the associates you encountered in our Lounge. I want to assure your that this is not typical of our hotel, and that this has been addressed. While our close proximity to the Scottstrade Center blesses us with large volumes of business on event nights, there is no excuse for the less than satisfactory level of service you encountered. I can certainly understand how disturbing it must have been for you.

I very much regret all the inconvenience caused, but truly appreciate the time you took to share your feedback. I want to assure you that all of us here at The Sheraton St. Louis City Center Hotel are dedicated to Total Customer Satisfaction; and hope that you will give us another opportunity to demonstrate this commitment.

Director of Operations

Write a ReviewReviews (1,069)

Reviewed November 11, 2013

We were staying at the hotel for the weekend (Sat and Sun). My fiance's daughter was getting married on Sunday. The hotel is nice. The room was spacious. Double sinks for the bathroom. The shower was okay, but it took a long time to get the hot water running. The water pressure was so-so, but usable. The bed (king size) was hard for us and the pillows were a bit squishy. While the hotel does have Wi-Fi, it is free in the lobby, yet you get charged for it ($11 a day) if you are a guest. If you park there you have to pay for that as well. ($17 a day). It is located near Busch Stadium and across the street from Scottrade Center.

Room Tip: We had an inside atrium room, but I think an outside room to see some of the city would be better.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
mwright1973, Manager at St. Louis City Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 25, 2013

Dear Cardnut23,

It was a privilege having you as our guest, thank you for taking the time to share your experience after your departure.

I hope that you will have the opportunity to come back soon to experience our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Bed as so many other guests have. Since your visit we have completed the renovation of our Lobby, while maintaining the historic charm of the building.

I want to assure you that all of us here at The Sheraton St. Louis City Center Hotel are dedicated to total customer satisfaction; and hope that you will give us another opportunity to demonstrate this commitment. Thank you again, for the time you too to provide your feedback.

We appreciate your patronage and hope that we have earned your future business.

Mark Wright,

Reviewed November 4, 2013

Should have guessed... The outside has beautiful architectural features painted on it. It's just an old building that looks cool from a distance due to the paint. This negative review is not

If you want a place to party and you party hard I would highly recommend this hotel. The previous guests had already gashed and scratched the furniture. Stained the sofa and the sheets. Busted the springs on the pull out. Not to mention the pot smoke lingering from one of the neighboring rooms. Very disappointed. I moved my family to the Hilton down the street. Rooms were huge. It's a shame as it could be great with an emense indoor courtyard. But the place was becoming a dump. But great for a party weekend or to rest after a Blues game.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
mwright1973, Manager at St. Louis City Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

It was a privilege having you as our guests and thank you for choosing the Sheraton St. Louis City Center Hotel & Suites for your recent hotel visit. We truly appreciate you staying with us and appreciate the time you took to provide feedback on your experience.

I sincerely apologize for the disappointing experience you encountered, I am truly sorry that your stay was less than satisfactory. As I am sure you understand; Guest Satisfaction is our utmost priority. Our Engineering and Housekeeping Team has taken steps to resolve all of the mentioned defects and continue to perform preventative maintenance of our facility. It is feedback from conscientious guest such as yourself, that has prompted us to renovate our Lobby and Fitness Center. Our Lobby renovation is complete with new carpeting, new furniture throughout, fresh paint and new wall paintings. Our Sheraton Fitness Center programmed by Core Performance, has brand new flooring and Life Fitness cardio equipment. While we continue to maintain the historic charm of the building, we have ongoing project to improve the product and services.

Thank you for your patronage and I hope that you will give us another opportunity to demonstrate our commitment to total customer satisfaction. If there is anything we can do further please feel free to contact me directly.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

Stayed here for a couple of nights for a business trip. Took the local train from the airport, and 25 minutes later, the hotel was right across the street from one of the stations. Appears to be a renovated old mill building on the edge of downtown. Check-in was fairly quick, given there weren't many people in line at the time. However, disapproved of being asked about additional hotels services once my credit card was swiped. Lobby had an upscale look and feel, with comfortable seating. Contained both a bar and restaurant. Ate at the restaurant; decent food but at above-average prices.

Probably the greatest plus was my room; it was huge! A suite with a living room area (with flatscreen TV and sleeper sofa and work desk), a sizeable bathroom "area", and a large bedroom with flatscreen and sitting area. The bed was comfy. The weather was cool during my visit, so I had to turn up the heat, which worked fine.

Overall, it was a good stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Cov Traveler,

I want to extend my sincere gratitude for you taking the time to offer your feedback regarding you last stay at the Sheraton St. Louis City Center Hotel. It was a privilege having you as our guest and hope that when in St. Louis you will come and visit us again. We truly appreciate your business.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

I received excellent service from the moment I checked in through check out and getting my car from valet. Rachel set the bar high upon check in. I was tired from an 8 hour drive, and it was nice to be welcomed to the property in such a friendly fashion.
My checkout experience with Maggie (who is always a pleasure to talk to) and Kimberly went just as well as my check in. I felt more like their friend than a customer.
I forgot the name of the valet, but whoever was working on Tuesday 29 Oct at 1115 am needs to be commended for his excellent customer service.
This property is great for any of the many sporting events St. Louis has to offer.
I travel to St. Louis often, and I always choose this property.

Room Tip: Sign up for SPG. Work your way up to get upgraded to the suites. They are all extremely spacious...e...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Rodger W,

Thank you very much for choosing the Sheraton St. Louis City Center Hotel, and for giving us the opportunity to demonstrating our commitment to total customer satisfaction. Good or bad, we truly believe that feedback is a gift. It was gratifying to read that you rated all areas as excellent; your comments will be shared with our Team. With feedback from conscientious guests such as you, we can continue to strive to exceed all guests’ expectations.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

We were relocated to the Sheraton by the Westin due to the MLB taking up the majority of the hotel for the World Series despite our reservation being made prior.

Checking in at the Sheraton was fine, the lobby was dated, but nothing that would cause me to walk out; however, upon exiting the elevator to my floor, the carpets in the hallway were filthy and the lighting dingy. The room only got worse. The sofa had some sort of bodily fluid on it as did the comforter along with hairs. The carpets were stained and dirty as was the bathroom floor. The room had a bad smell as well. Needless to day, despite being in St. Louis in the middle of the World Series, we managed to find a room at a much cleaner, nice hotel the same night.

Additionally, despite being a Starwood Preferred Guest member for years, the property offered no compensation or apologies for this issue. It will be a dark day before myself or my family will step foot in a SPG property.

• Stayed: October 2013
Sheraton_STL, Manager at St. Louis City Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

posha00,

Thank you for taking the time to share such honest feedback with us. We apologize your guest room was presented to you in that manner and we will address this with our housekeeping team immediately. We apologize for the inconvenience you experienced when you left the hotel and hope you enjoyed your visit to St. Louis despite the way your visit initially started. We appreicate your feedback and will utilize it to do better moving forward.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Stayed at the end of a business trip. While it is close to the Scottrade Center, not much else nearby to recommend it, other than proximity to the train station across the street which is a cheaper alternative to the airport other than the $45 cab ride or $22 airport shuttle. While the employees are great, the hotel is old and somewhat run down. Pretty gross shower curtain in the room I stayed in as well as marked up walls in what is otherwise a spacious room with old furniture. In other words, a typical Sheraton.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Stan P,

Thank you for your review of the Sheraton St. Louis City Center. We are so glad to know the staff took great care for you, but are disappointed to know you didn't love your visit with us. Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding the hotel so that we know where to begin moving forward.