“Staff Really Does Go Above and Beyond!”

St. Louis City Center Hotel
Ranked #91 of 121 Hotels in Saint Louis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Kansas City, Missouri
“Staff Really Does Go Above and Beyond!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

We chose the Sheraton because of its proximity to the Metrolink and Union Station but we could not have picked a better property to stay at. The front desk clerk told us at check in that they go out of their way to take care of guests and boy was she right! This was a last-minute quick family vacation before school starts and we were on a budget. My brother is disabled (downs syndrome) and he was unable to adjust to sharing a bed with another person. When I called the front desk at midnight asking for a rollaway bed they said it would be a $20 per night charge. After explaining my situation to them, they immediately and kindly offered to waive the charge and brought us a bed. This SAVED us and my brother, I wish I knew the name of the girl working guest services that night, she was so kind and helpful and it is because of her that we will stay in this hotel every time we return to St. Louis. The rooms are clean, large and nice. Hotel has been kept up well. It is not brand-new, so if you are the kind of traveler who demands that everything have that brand-new never-been-used feel, you need to get over it and stay here. The staff will absolutely make it worth your while.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
mwright1973, Manager at St. Louis City Center Hotel, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Dear ChristinaN78,

Thank you for staying at The Sheraton St. Louis City Center Hotel & Suites for your recent visit to St. Louis. We truly appreciate you staying with us and appreciate the time you took to share your experience on Trip Advisor. It is valued conscientious Guests such as yourself that provide us the feedback necessary to continue to improve our products and Services.

It was gratifying to read that you rated all areas as Excellent. Your comments will be shared with our Team to reinforce the fruits of their efforts.

As we continue to strive to exceed all guests’ expectations and want every guest to have an exceptional stay; your feedback is imperative for us to better understand the needs and concerns of our guests. Once again, we thank you for your patronage and hope that we have earned your loyalty and future business. If there is anything we can do further please feel free to contact me directly.

Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

I stayed in St. Louis for 4 weeks because of work and tried 4 different hotels in the city. I hate to say this but Sheraton City Centre was by far my least favourite one in the area. In fact, it's my worst SPG hotel experience (and I have stayed at quite a number of SPG hotels).

Before I start with the negative, I want to highlight the fact that the staff at the hotel were really nice. They were professional, accommodating, and were always willing to help. (Special shout out to the gentleman working at the Club Lounge during breakfast hour. Unfortunately I didn't catch his name, but he's tall, African American, and always wears a smile on his face).

But that simply could not make up the fact that the hotel needs some serious renovation. A few things that really bothered me:
1. It was so dark, and old and damp in the hotel. Most of the time I felt like I was in a dingy motel back in the 60s. The hotel room was very spacious, which is normally a good thing. But because of how dark it was, it almost felt freaky when you are by yourself.
2. The mattress was SO old that it caved in the middle. I am 5 feet tall and weigh 100 lb. All I wanted was to sleep on one side of the bed but I couldn't help but "rolled" into what almost felt like a hole in the middle. The pillow was really lumpy as well. I don't even want to know how many people have slept on it before me.
3. The switch on the tub faucet, again because it was too old, would not go all the way. So when I showered, half of the water was coming from the shower head, the other half from the tub faucet.
4. The gym, without sounding like a broken record, again is too old. The belt on the treadmill was uneven, I almost tripped a couple of time.

With all that being said, I do think that the hotel has good bones, and more importantly, a great team of staff. Some serious renovation is needed!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Felicity_ssimo
Dear Felicity_ssimo,

It was a privilege having you as our guests and thank you for choosing the Sheraton St. Louis City Center Hotel & Suites for your recent hotel visit. We truly appreciate you staying with us and appreciate the time you took to provide feedback on your experience.

I sincerely apologize for the disappointing experience you encountered, I am truly sorry that your stay was less than satisfactory. As I am sure you understand; Guest Satisfaction is our utmost priority. Our Engineering and Housekeeping Team has taken steps to resolve all of the mentioned defects and continue to perform preventative maintenance of our facility. It is feedback from conscientious guest such as yourself, that has prompted us to renovate our Fitness Center. Our Sheraton Fitness Center programmed by Core Performance, has brand new flooring and Life Fitness cardio equipment.

Thank you again for your patronage and I hope that you will give us another opportunity to demonstrate our commitment to total customer satisfaction. If there is anything we can do further please feel free to contact me directly.

High Ridge, MO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

Spent the weekend there for a family wedding. Rooms were wonderful large, 2 rooms suites. We had several rooms to check into and the lady at the front desk was amazing. Her name was Amanda. She was very polite and professional. I thank her for her patience and kindness since there were several of us that went to the front desk at the same time. She helped all of us with our request and accommodations; and made our stay very pleasant. Would recommend staying here again and hopefully Amanda can check you in!

Room Tip: Love the 2 room suites.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Sheraton_STL, Manager at St. Louis City Center Hotel, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
BriteOne,
Thank you so much for your positive review of our property. We will be sure to let Amanda know you enjoyed her service. We hope that the next time you are in the area that you will visit us again.
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

We spent 4 nights at the Sheraton on our recent family trip to St. Louis. We booked our stay through an online travel site, and felt like we got a very good value with the Sheraton.

The hotel is a little older, which also meant that the room was a little larger than the typical hotel room. The front desk accommodated our request for a room with two beds and a pullout sofa, so there was plenty of room to spread out. Beds were comfortable, and having two sinks on the vanity made things easier (as did having two TV's in the room).

Parking was easy in/out in the deck. Staff was very friendly. Pool area on the 13th floor offered some great views of the city.

The carpeting could use some TLC. The elevators were a bit slow and crowded. There are not a ton of food options in the immediate area (especially breakfast).

The walk to Busch Stadium only took 10 minutes. Most of the other attractions were a short drive away.

We would stay at the Sheraton City Center again.

1 Thank Michael M
Sheraton_STL, Manager at St. Louis City Center Hotel, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Michael M,

We enjoyed having you with us during your trip to St. Louis and we are happy to know you had a good experience. Our team works hard to accommodate our guests requests and I'm glad we were able to do so during your visit with us. Thank you for sharing your positive trip with us.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

Stopped in St. Louis after an extremely long MegaBus ride from Texas and stayed at the Sheraton. We arrived six hours before check in time completely exhausted. We were accommodated immediately. Our credit card was locked out from using it in so many different states in a short amount of time and we had no cash on us for the incidentals deposit but the staff waived the fee for us right away. Our room was spacious and beautiful. Charles, the bell person was such a sweetheart and helped us many times including carrying our bags on check in and check out of the hotel and driving us to our bus stop! I cannot say enough how wonderful he was! The bed was very comfortable and I remember how great my sleep was there! The only problem I had the entire stay was my soup at the hotel restaurant. It was cold and only had one noodle. But the amazing-ness of the hotel and staff made up for it completely! I would definitely recommend this hotel and I plan on staying again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
kosmogurlkt,

We love hearing about your enjoyable visit to St. Louis. Thank you for sharing such a positive experience with us. We hope to visit with you again very soon.
las vegas, nv
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

I booked a room for my niece to celebrate her 11th birthday. The staff went above and beyond for her and I was speechless. they decorated her room and everyone wished her a happy birthday. between the room and swimming on the top floor pool, she said it was her best birthday ever. thank you so much to the wonderful front desk staff for making her feel so special.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank katiisawesome
mwright1973, Manager at St. Louis City Center Hotel, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear Katiisawesome,

Thank you for choosing The Sheraton St. Louis City Center Hotel & Suites for your recent hotel visit. We truly appreciate you staying with us and appreciate the time you took to complete the survey after your departure. It is valued conscientious Guests such as yourself that provide us the feedback necessary to continue to improve our products and services.

It was gratifying to read that your daughters’ birthday was her best ever. Thank you for allowing us to be part of such awesomeness. Your comments will be shared with our Team to reinforce the fruits of their efforts. As we continue to strive to exceed all guests’ expectations and want every guest to have an exceptional stay; your feedback is imperative for us to better understand the needs and concerns of our guests.

Once again, we thank you for your patronage and hope that we have earned your future business. If there is anything we can do further please feel free to contact me directly.

Ada, Oklahoma
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

My husband and I stayed here three nights for our 5 year anniversary. We unknowingly picked a very busy weekend with Pridefest going on along with the New Kids on the Block concert. We paid extra for the club lounge access which was great Friday night, Saturday morning and Saturday evening when there was a lady taking care of things. Sunday was a huge disapointment though. The breakfast, which consisted of cereal, oatmeal, muffins, waffle maker, juice, coffe and other beverages was completely wiped out by 9:30 and the gentleman taking care of the lounge said he was not going to re-stock anything because he would have to go all the way downstairs. (turns out only one elevator was working most of that day as well) After a busy day of exploring St. Louis, my husband and I were looking forward to eating the Italian dinner that was to be served in the club lounge that evening. The bar staff had told us the night before how great the Sunday meal was so we were really looking forward to it only to discover at 5:30 that there wasn't any food in the lounge. My husband called the front desk and was told that they didn't serve food on Sunday evenings although we were not ever told that up front and the sign did not say that either. I called back down to the front desk to ask them about it and told them that we had been told by staff the night before about the meal so they asked me to come downstairs and gave me two free appetizer vouchers. I was thankful for the vouchers but hated that they lied to us. Other cons were the expensive parking fees that you get stuck with at check out, the paper thin walls (good luck getting any sleep!), the fact that pets are allowed (not fun waking up at 7:00 am to dogs barking all the way down the hall!), outdated rooms and the fact that the shuttle only runs through the week. Pros were the location to the Scotts Trade Center, public transit, going green vouchers, comfortable beds, spacious rooms, the fitness room, pool, sundeck and most of the staff.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kenldav
kenldav,

We hope you had a happy 5th year anniversary with us despite the opportunities you encountered. We apologize for the confusion you experience you had with the club lounge. I'm not certain who gave you inaccurate information, but we will address it immediately. We also apologize that the lounge attendant didn't restock the club lounge in a timely manner. This should not have been the case. We will also look in to the situation you experienced with the dog barking. All Sheraton's are pet friendly, but there is a policy in place to keep guests from being disturbed. We apologize you were interrupted and will look in to what happened. Thank you for your honesty.