We got this hotel through a priceline express deal. It was rated 3.5 stars, but I gotta say--this is a hotel which sorely needs renovation. We stayed one night here and one night at the Sheraton in Clayton and they were like night and day.
On the plus side: the rooms at the Sheraton St Louis were large. We were first shown a room with two queens and a sofa--quite spacious--, but it smelled like smoke, so they upgraded us to a suite with two queens that was enormous. the in room fridge was handy. the soundproofing was great, and the pool is excellent--up on the top floor, with a nice view, free wifi, and a hot tub. My kids had a great time up there. the location is good, right off the 64, but we didn't hear any street noise (from the 12th floor). didn't hear any noise from the corridor or from adjoining rooms at all.
on the minus side: the couch, carpet, furniture were just plain old. my daughter had really bad allergies in the room itself (not sure if it was the dust,the mold, or pets, since she is allergic to all 3). the walls had scuff marks, the furniture was kind of scratched and cheap, the bathroom shower could have been cleaner. the toilet was super loud when it refilled. the room looked like it had been renovated on the cheap in the 90s. even the parking garage is kind of dirty.
honestly, if you hadn't told me it was a sheraton, there is no way i would have guessed so. i think with a major renovation this could be a decent place but I am not sure i would stay there again. it's definitely not as nice as the hyatt regency, where we stayed last time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- St. Louis City Center Hotel is a beautifully appointed hotel in the heart of downtown. The historic flavor of this 1929 landmark building combines with modern comforts to create a unique experience with something for everyone. Spread out and relax in one of our beautifully appointed, oversized guest rooms, offering FREE high speed internet, queen sofa sleepers, wet bars, and refrigerators. Relax on our sun deck next to the indoor heated swimming pool, or experience an innovative meal of American-styled entrees and daily chef specials in the upscale setting of bistro 14. You can also take a well-deserved break in Columns Lounge, conveniently located in the lobby. Our hotel is adjacent to the Metro Link/Light Rail system, so you can easily visit downtown attractions like the Gateway Arch, Busch Stadium, Riverboat Casinos, and Union Station. We are also directly across from the Scottrade Center Sports Arena—home of the St. Louis Blues—as well as the renowned Peabody Opera House, where performances, concerts, and special events are staged. With 30,000 square feet of meeting room space, all equipped with Internet access, our facilities are a great choice for your next event. Our one-of-a-kind city view ballroom boasts spectacular views of the downtown skyline and is a beautiful setting for weddings, as well as social functions. We look forward to welcoming you to the St. Louis City Center Hotel —now 100% smoke-free. Together we can leave the air the way it was meant to be. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelPower, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your St. Louis City Center Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton City Center St. Louis Hotel Saint Louis
- Sheraton Hotel Saint Louis
- Sheraton Saint Louis
- Saint Louis Sheraton