“Best Donuts in Saint Louis!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Best Donuts in Saint Louis!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2012

I have been eating donuts from here for years and I keep trying to find better ones....NO LUCK! They are the King when it comes to donuts in STL. After all these years, and the rising costs of doing business, they have not sacrificed the product one bit. The frosting is still delicious and fully spread across the entire donut, the nuts are all there, and the custard or jelly filling is still just as plentiful as I remember. Take note: The "other guys" have cut way back on the filling :( . The other great thing now is that they have fruit pies....just like the Hostess ones, but 10x better and fresh made!. You cannot go wrong with this place. Another great thing is that it is a family operation and I see the younger folks in there working.....meaning that the business will hopefully be around for the rest of my lifetime.

Not to be missed:
Custard filled with frosting
Cream cheese with tart cherries
French style with frosting
Cinnamon Raisin
and the fruit pies!

• Visited April 2012
2 Thank merkurxr4i

Atlanta, GA
“In my top 5”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2012

I have a thing for doughnuts and try to stop by some local places whenever I'm in a different city. The glazed was just the right amount of fluffy chewy crispy and the blubbery fritter was awesome. Be sure to try the "cinnamon glob" even though I had already had three doughnuts I couldn't stop eating it!

Visited April 2012
1 Thank lindsasaurus
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Amazing Donuts & Fritters - Must Taste!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2011

The Donut Stop on Lemay Ferry has long been known as a hidden gem in the south county area, but it has risen to national recognition when it was listed as one of the "Top 10 Best Places for Donuts" in the COUNTRY by Bon Appetit in their March 2010 issue!! In spite of the national recognition their prices have remained low and the quality of their donuts has stayed high. What first got us hooked on the Donut Stop were their fritters - our favorities are the apple & raisin but we also love the peach and cherry options. The fritters have an amazing crunch on the outside and are moist and delicious inside. I have never been a french donut fan, but one bite of their white iced french donuts has made me a fan, and they are always in any box that we bring home. They are so light and airy and seem to melt in your mouth. They have a whole variety of different icings for their cake donuts. Another favorite of mine is their sugared jelly and then of course they have the standard glazed, long johns etc. You won't be able to miss their cinnamon glob either they are the size of a baseball! When driving on Lemay Ferry just look for the big red stop sign! There is no place to sit, you just get donuts to go. They do sell milk, coffee and juice as well. You will be amazed at their prices which are a third of the price of most other donuts in the area. Any time we have company in town we always make sure that they get to taste these donuts!

• Visited July 2011