“Nice hotel, great location, but dirty rooms.”
Review of Westin St. Louis

Westin St. Louis
Ranked #19 of 121 Hotels in Saint Louis
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed September 4, 2007

I really like the look and location of this hotel. It is centrally located in downtown St Louis, right across from the Cardinals' ballpark. The rooms are very modern and well appointed. Tonight I got home from the ballgame I attended with my clients, was exhausted and really wanted a soak in the tub. I began to fill up the bathtub while I checked my email. I came back and noticed hair on the waterline of tub. Like someone had shaved their legs in the tub and the tub had not been cleaned. Then I decided I would not take a bath and would prefer a shower (they have a separate shower). So I turn on the water there and get a towel. The towels also have hair on them. Longer hair. And it's all over the shelves where the towels are kept and all over the towels. Dirty bathrooms are probably my number one pet peeve at hotels. Do you really want to think that someone was in that bathtub the night before you were? I prefer blissful ignorance. Hard to be blissfully ignorant when there is hair in the tub. I have stayed in several hotels in St Louis (and around the country) and have found that the dirty bathroom is pervasive. I don't know what can be done other than to complain to the hotel management, which I have done. Maybe the trip advisor audience can start a clean bathroom crusade!

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank I_Love_Tennis_07
There are newer reviews for Westin St. Louis

Reviewed August 19, 2007

We needed a night out after having our first baby. So we decided to splurge and stayed at the Westin because of all the great reviews. To our surprise, the room was very clean, large, and modern. The heavenly bed was absolutely heavenly. The bathrooms were very spacious. We were extremely happy with our stay. We got the stadium view room. The only thing I did not like was the room service, for one, the prices were ridiculous for the amount of food you get plus they add $3 delivery charge and 20% gratuity. We paid $20 for a slice of apple pie. The Clark Street Grill was just ok, service was poor. We had trouble using our AAA code that we booked online, they didn't show we used it when we checked in. They did however, honor it, but it was sort of a hassle. Lastly, parking is $15 a night!!!! I was shocked by that. It was a nice getaway but something we wont do all the time. The staff is excellent, the rooms are excellent, and the hotel is excellent. All in all, it was worth it.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sandradeee27
Reviewed August 12, 2007

I like the Westin brand in general, but this hotel truly is top-notch. I rarely post reviews to TripAdvisor, which is sad because I find it so useful, but after my Westin experience, I promised myself I would. I enjoyed my entire experience at the Westin St. Louis. I was upgraded to a ballpark view room, which was fantastic. I even had a partial view of the St. Louis arch and the fireworks (from the Levy?) on Friday night. The room was very modern, clean, fresh, comfortable, and LARGE, as was the bathroom, which was just beautiful...the photos I've seen almost do it justice.

I wish I'd tried the grill downstairs (it looked like a great place) but chose to have room service instead. The service was great as well. The staff were polite and helpful without exception.

One thing I REALLY enjoyed was the proximity to the Metrolink station (just outside and around the corner...) While it doesn't go EVERYWHERE, it went nearly everyplace I needed to go. My employer reimburses for taxi expenses, but I preferred to take the Metro rail since it was so convenient and I didn't have to worry about getting out cash every time I wanted to go somewhere. (I purchased a 7-day pass for $19 at the airport on arrival, which was less than I would have paid for one taxi ride to the hotel. The train left me virtually on the "doorstep" of the Westin...Ballpark station) The Westin is is two stops from the convention center (I went to and from every day of my stay) and runs frequently. I also took the metrolink to and from the hotel from the airport because it was so convenient.

The only downside of my stay was that the Cards were on the road, so no baseball game :( On the other hand, the ballpark view room wouldn't have been available as a complimentary upgrade had they been in town!

My compliments to Westin management. You have a beautiful property in St. Louis and excellent staff to go with it.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled on business
3  Thank flygirlDC
Reviewed August 4, 2007

I have stayed at several Westin hotels and this is one of the best. The building was apparently an old warehouse that they completely gutted and turned into a modern yet warm hotel. Our room was very spacious and the bathroom had plenty of room for the two for us to move around in. We stayed in an executive club room which gives you access to the club lounge. There you can enjoy two daily food offerings including a substantial continental breakfast and evening hors d’oeuvres and drinks. The staff is well trained and very friendly for the most part. Our room was immaculate and very quiet, we never heard any noise from the adjacent room. The exercise facilities are wonderful with a large variety of workout machines and weights. The hotel appears to cater to businesspeople, however we were just a couple of tourist and felt right at home. You can’t go wrong with this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
4  Thank hate2go
Reviewed August 4, 2007

The room was absolutely beautiful. Wonderfully decorated. Simple yet elegant. Large bathroom with beautiful tub and a separate glassed in shower, very large, with a huge shower head that felt wonderful.

The bar was delightful. Had a great bloody mary there upon arrival. This is a beautiful hotel.

We did not use the pool or health club. The health club looked amazing.

Check-in was seamless. Location right across from Busch Stadium is perfect.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AbeLIncoln,St.Louis
Reviewed July 17, 2007

by far the BEST hotel stay i've had while on business travel in the US. i hope to only stay at Westin's when i travel from now on! everything about the hotel is perfect--- beautiful decor, large rooms/bath, the bed is so very heavenly!, staff is friendly and helpful. hotel/rooms are exactly as described on their website.

the clark street grill (hotel restaurant) was equally fantastic. delicious menu and wine list.

great location to major highways-- 64/40. there's a grocery store nearby called City Grocer at 10th and Olive St.

things to note (prices per day): self parking is $15, valet is $20, wireless is $10.95, and ethernet is $12-16 (i can't remember?)

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled on business
3  Thank beano333
Reviewed June 10, 2007

I have stayed in a number of hotels in St. Louis and this is by far the best. Not cheap, but worth it. Ideal location across the street from Busch Stadium, next to Metro station in the heart of the city. Easy walking distance to the Arch and many nightlife restaurants. Laclede's Landing is two stops on the train. Great walking/jogging trail along the Mississippi. which is a short walk. Each person I spoke with in the hotel was very friendly and helpful. Valet was prompt. But beware of the $20 per night valet charge. Check-in was quick. Room was immaculate, soft pillows and VERY comfortable bed. Only negative was, when I was in the room relaxing, weak selection of programming on television. Excellent restaurant in lobby. If you are going to watch a Cards game at the stadium or need a perfect location for downtown or Metro access, do yourself a favor: splurge once and stay in the best hotel. This hotel has made me want to never again settle for bad service, grouchy people, stained carpets and smelly hallways when I travel. This hotel exceeded my expectations.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled solo