1,579 results
All reviews heavenly bed front desk cardinals game separate shower ballpark village room service ball park self parking very nice hotel rooms are large scottrade center great room corner room gateway arch downtown area valet louis
Reviewed October 15, 2018

This is the 3rd time we've stayed at this hotel and like they say "Third time is a charm."
Room quiet, comfortable and clean. William Givens checked us in at the front desk and gave us excellent service. We were lucky to have you take care of us.

• Stayed: October 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 4, 2018

We were lucky enough to have a full day off in St. Louis at the Westin. We arrived a few hours before check in and were met on the street by a friendly Westin representative. I wish that I would have checked her name as she was awesome. She had all of our key packets and we were off to our rooms within moments of arrival. This is a great start for a constant traveler.
I headed up to my room and was happy to see that it was very large, well laid out, and had a very nice bathtub. Trifecta!
The room was large with lots of open area. Very comfortable.
I love having a desk to work from with plenty of power ports available.
The bed was very comfortable (Westin style) with great bedding and pillows.
The TV offered plenty of channels and worked great. Nice picture.
The bathroom was my favorite. A gigantic counter area with a sink. It allowed me to spread out a bit and not feel cramped. The aforementioned bath tub was great once I got it working. Shower was huge.
Back to the bathtub. I tried to push the plunger down so that I could fill it with water. No go. Imagine how dumb I felt when I couldn't figure out how to fill a bathtub with water. I called down to the front desk for assistance. They sent up Elizabeth from Maintenance. I apologized for being so lame. She had to pull it apart to find out that there was a quarter stuck under the plunger. I was vindicated!. Elizabeth couldn't have been nicer nor more professional. A great conversationalist. A true asset to the company. I declare that Elizabeth deserves a huge raise!
I was on the internet the whole day. Very stable and average speed. Did the job.
The location seems to be great. Right across the street from Busch Stadium.
Both employees that I interacted with were outstanding. People make such a huge difference in a service based industry.

• Stayed: October 2018, traveled on business
Reviewed October 4, 2018

My wife and I were looking for a staycation for our anniversary and chose the Westin, we have a friend that works for the chain and was able to get us a discounted rate which was good because it isn't worth the price for full admission. Check in was easy and the gal at the desk was pleasant, even gave us vouchers for free buffet breakfasts since it was our anniversary, I'll get back to that in a moment.

The room was decent, some aspects of the cleaning were lacking, I found food on the floor from a previous occupant and the bathroom was not lit up very well. As always, be prepared for a very over priced mini bar, up to $7 for a bottle of booze and $5 for snacks. The bed was not very comfortable for us, it was too soft, we prefer a firmer mattress, so we did not sleep well.

The breakfast buffet cost $18.95 and includes your coffee, juice, or milk. Everything tasted good but was not any better than your complimentary breakfast at other chain hotels, you just pay more for this because it is the Westin. The best part of the breakfast were the waiters, these guys were awesome! Attentive to your needs and quick to deliver, and very friendly.

Here is the clincher for us, parking is horrible. If you park in the lot they have contracted with it cost $35/night if you park yourself, if you have valet parking it is $45, pretty darn expensive if you ask me. The first night we parked there instead of the city lot across the street which was $10 for overnight. The second day we returned from heading out and the lot was full, it's not a big lot to start with, so I headed to the city lot and paid my $10. Long story short, my truck was hit overnight and severely damaged. Had the hotel lot been bigger I would have been in there and avoided the drunk, beer cans were all around my truck, who hit it, and there would have been some responsibility taken by the hotel pay for the damage. When we checked out we were asked how our stay was and I mentioned what happened and the gal at the front desk asked it we filed a claim and waived the parking fee from the first night, granted there isn't much that they can/will do but that was the extent of the concern.

Even if this had not happened I would not stay here again, the rooms are over priced for my liking, and I don't need to stay at an expensive hotel to make me feel good about myself.

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jason M
Brian S, Director of Operations at Westin St. Louis, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2018

Dear Jason M,

Thank you for your feedback. Please accept my sincere apologies for the many areas that we failed to exceed your expectations. I have forwarded your comments about the cleanliness of your guestroom to our Housekeeping team to ensure they use this as a training opportunity. We will take all of your feedback and relay it back to management for their review and follow-up. We really hoped you’d love us, and we are so sorry for the trouble you encountered during your stay. We hope that you will give us a second chance in the future to make up for this unfortunate experience and provide you with the exceptional stay that you deserve.

Reviewed October 3, 2018 via mobile

Let me say that I love the westin as a whole. Everyone we have stayed in was very nice and friendly. This one in st Louis however was just lack luster. It was clean but not westin clean. Called for repairs in the room with no answer. Giant stains on the carpet. It just wasn't westin to me. The price was cool which is why I rated it this way.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your loyalty to the Westin Family of Hotels! I appreciate you taking the time out of your day to give us this feedback to help us make our property better. I am pleased to share that we are starting a multi-million dollar renovation this year to update our hotel, so luckily lackluster will be the last word that comes to mind when you join us in the future. I’m very concerned that when you reported issues, our staff didn’t respond immediately. This is not the level of service we provide and for that I truly apologize. If you are in St. Louis again, please contact me personally at brian.schneider@westinstlouishotel.com and I would be happy to ensure you have an amazing stay.

Reviewed October 3, 2018

While looking for a hotel that allows small pets, we chose the Westin as we were previous guests in 2014 and had no complaints. This trip is completely different. We checked in on Friday of this past weekend. Check in was not an issue, the staff was incredibly friendly. Our room was large which was nice and not what I would describe as " dirty" but its definitely run down. The trim all the way around the windows has holes and cracks in them, and the carpets are extremely dirty. The carpets in the entire hotel are completely gross and filthy, the chair coverings in the restaurant are also very dirty. The elevators all smell like urine, especially the side elevators ( not in the main lobby). The lobby bathroom was very un-kept with trash all over the floors no matter the time of day and the food left in the hallways for over 24 hours from room service was there for so long it was growing mold. Several trays were there when we checked in and walked to our room on Friday night and were still there Sunday morning when we checked out. I have never seen anything like this in all of my travels for a 4 star hotel. To top it off, while our vehicle was Valeted, the windows were left down, the keys were left on the dash and completely out of sight of the valet and my car charger was stolen. While this isn't a large expense to replace, and the manager gave me $20 out of their drawer and didn't charge us for our Valet fee - I am still horrified that I had given them my vehicle to keep safe and it was anything but safe. My husband and I are the ones that saw it down the ramp completely unlocked, windows down with the keys in plain sight. Anyone could have stolen it and no one would have been the wiser. The staff is extremely friendly, the manager was super apologetic but we will never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple

Dear Courtney S,

Thank you for the gift of your feedback. I can see how frustrating this entire experience was for you and wanted to let you know that I am truly sorry for this unfortunate experience. We work very hard with our teams to provide an excellent stay for all our guests and for not fulfilling this I feel we failed you. I have already spoken with our Department Leaders to ensure situations like this will never happen again. We will also being undergoing a major renovation starting late year to correct some of the conditional issues you noticed during your stay. I would love to talk to you further about your stay if you have some time. Please reach out to me at brian.schneider@westinstlouishotel.com if you are willing and a have a few free moments. Again, I apologize sincerely for the issues you experienced and hope you are willing to give our property another try so we can show you the exceptional experience that we normally provide.