“not biker friendly but....”
Review of Westin St. Louis

Westin St. Louis
Ranked #19 of 121 Hotels in Saint Louis
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 27, 2014

....Otherwise a great hotel....got a great value on this place and the quality is unbelievable....the bathroom and decor is fantastic....u know u r in an upscale place....right across from busch stadium....only complaint was we showed up to check and and the valet came running out....u cant park a bike here...well....we just want to check in...he told us to take the bike to the lot across the street....then come check in....after I told him we would check in and then leave he said we need to get the bike over to that lot...cars??? park here! motorcycle....get out....outside of that...really nice stay

Room Tip: dont ride up....
There are newer reviews for Westin St. Louis

Reviewed July 25, 2014

I have visited on business, and will definitely return. The staff were friendly and helpful. The room was very comfortable: the room was fairly large, the beds were comfortable, temperature in the rooms was easy to control, the shades blocked out almost all light at night, and everything was tidy, clean, and well designed. The gym stood out, in particular. It was very clean, well stocked with new equipment, tvs over the treadmills, and importantly-- not crowded (despite that the gym is a shared one open to the local community for memberships). This all at a relatively reasonable price for a Westin.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed July 24, 2014

I spent one night for my birthday just to get out of the house. Absolutely amazing rooms and staff. Everyone was friendly and smiling. Ester and Steven at the bar downstairs were excellent. They brought my girlfriend and myself an amazing ice cream covered brownie garnished with strawberries. The thoughtfulness and surprise of it is something you just do not find at a large chain hotel. Excellent

Reviewed July 24, 2014

I travel to St. Louis often for work and The Westin is by far the best hotel in downtown St. Louis. Each stay is better than the last. From the kind, courteous, and professional staff, to the meticulous, comfortable rooms and common areas, each stay has been nothing less than exceptional. The best part, you are minutes from all of the great restaurants, landmarks and of course, Busch Stadium. If you are looking for a relaxing and enjoyable place to stay, go to Westin.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed July 23, 2014

I spent one night here while visiting St. Louis on business. The location of this hotel is outstanding - across the street from the ball park and a block or so away from the City Garden, which is a really cool area with many fountains dancing and otherwise, and kids are allowed to swim in the fountain pools. The hotel is very nice. I stayed in an upgraded room, which was spotless and huge, with a beautiful bathroom (separate huge shower and tub). I always stay at SPG properties and am a Platinum member. Since Westins don't have a club lounge, this hotel provides a free breakfast in the regular restaurant. I had the buffet - the selection was very good and the food was of high quality. This hotel will be my top choice for future visits as long as the rate is not too high.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed July 23, 2014

This hotel is adjacent to Busch Stadium, incredibly convenient if you are going to see the Cards, but the late-night noise does permeate the sound barrier (as we discovered during our stay!). On the plus-side, we walked to the Gateway Arch in about 15 minutes.

Trade-off Alert: If you are a Starwood member and book your room through a third party web site, you do not earn points. Maybe that's common knowledge to the frequent business traveler, but we were unaware of this policy. However, if value is a priority, you can find packages that include free self-parking ($30/day), a coupon for the breakfast buffett for two ($15/pp). The valets park the cars in the same lot as self-parking and there is a 24 hour security attendant so the increased price in this case does not net "upgraded" parking.

The rooms were standard Westin: contemporary decor, nice but not luxurious. We did not find the bed heavenly; we found it very much of this earth-hard, uncomfortable, and with a stained pillowcase and two others tinged grey, showing they were past their prime.

The "premier king" had one sink with ample counter space to accommodate two sinks so why not two?? The water temp in the rain shower was lukewarm with the dial turned as far towards smoking hot as it would go-at 6:00 a.m. on a Saturday morning, so not a peak water usage window.

No bottled water in the room-if you use the coffee maker there is no "bar sink" either.
The "weird factor" is the art work prominently displayed in the bathroom. Perhaps it is a local artist? The themes are very disturbing and not conducive to relaxing. On the contrary, they have words/images depicting physical and emotional scarring and painful, traumatic memories (e.g break-ups, loved one's death).

Breakfast Buffett: This is a joke for $15/pp. Standard fare, dirty table at 6:15 a.m. on a Saturday suggests they left the tables dirty from the night before? We had to clean the table ourselves, no staff in sight. Lukewarm to cold food-basically unremarkable except for the price.

Conclusion: I've stayed in nicer Westins. I'd categorize this property as slightly above average compared to a Hampton (for example) but would only opt for it if the rates were comparable. And replace the art!!

1  Thank wendy S
Robert W, General Manager at Westin St. Louis, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2014

Dear wendy s,

I truly do appreciate the time you have taken to post your review and comments on Tripadvisor.com. At the Westin St. Louis, my management team and I value your feedback and breakdown every comment, good or not-so-good, and celebrate when possible and make improvements where necessary. In addition, I apologize that we failed to meet your expectations of the Westin brand, including the comfort and cleanliness of your bedding as well as the expectations of a shower with hot water. We have not experienced any mechanical issues that would be related to this issue and an adjustment in your specific room may be required. Our complimentary bottled water is located in the in-room mini-bar as we thought cold water would be a nice touch; I'm sorry you were not informed of this recent change. I have since discussed your comments regarding your breakfast with my Executive Chef and Restaurant Manager to ensure immediate improvement occurs, as this is an unacceptable display of our high quality product and service. Finally, the artwork in the bathrooms is from a local artist, as is all of the pieces in the hotel, and I’m sorry that its content and theme is not conducive to relaxing.

Wendy, your satisfaction is very important to me and my team and if you would like to discuss this with me further, please contact me at the hotel at 314-621-2000. I would appreciate that very much.

Thank you again and I look forward to hearing from you and having you return for a much better experience.

Best Regards,
Robert Weitz

Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

Nice hotel great location. Lower floor facing Busch stadium is noisy from train. Was given wheelchair access room which was not my request, but too tired and busy to change. The staff changed my room to an occupied room because they thought my things belonged to the prior guest. Did not really make sense since housekeeping had already cleaned the room. Front desk staff were friendly, but I think they changed the room status a bit carelessly. In the end odd experience but not too inconvenient.

• Stayed: July 2014