“Great hotel for business and pleasure”
Review of Westin St. Louis

Westin St. Louis
Ranked #19 of 121 Hotels in Saint Louis
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed May 22, 2014

Traveled to St. Louis for the Tennis Fed Cup match between the U.S. and France, held at St. Louis University. The location of this hotel is excellent for those who want to watch Cardinals baseball. Walking distance from Busch Stadium. It is also a short driving distance to the University. I can't say enough about the hotel staff. from the front desk, to the bartenders and restaurant staff. All had a great friendly, mid-western disposition and bent over backwards to cater to our groups' needs.

Room Tip: All the rooms were spacious!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed May 22, 2014

The location, facilities, rooms, amenities.. everything here is top-notch. You will not be disappointed with the aesthetics of this place. It has a very cool upscale, exposed brick, warehouse-ish vibe to it that makes it stand out from the other Westins I’ve visited. Also, the location can’t be beat if you’re looking for a place in downtown. Busch Stadium is literally a block over and the new and impressive Ballpark Village (which houses a plethora of bars and restaurants) makes for very eventful evenings. Also, it’s a long walk or short cab ride to the Lumiere casino if you’re itching to gamble your night away.

I had the duty of coordinating my company’s sales conference here, and the hotel’s event contact is incredibly warm, friendly and helpful. The conference space is awesome with ample area right outside to set up breakfast/lunch stations, sign-in desks, coffee bar, etc. My fellow colleagues raved about the size of their rooms and commented on how nice they were. I had the pleasure of staying in a Junior Suite with a view of the ballpark.. the HIGH ceilings, lush bedding, grand bathroom, and generous space made me feel more than right at home. I didn’t want to leave! And if you’re a germaphobe like me, you’ll be happy to know that everything in this hotel is spotless and incredibly well taken care of.

Staff, rooms, location, facilities were all A+.. can’t see any reason to not stay here. Oh and here’s a nice-to-know.. all the away team’s players stay here when there’s a game in town. Be on the lookout for your favorite baseball player lounging around the hotel!

Room Tip: If you can, book a Junior Suite facing the ballpark. I thoroughly enjoyed the space!
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 21, 2014

Everything from check in to check out was excellent.
Our valets, front desk ladies, the wait staff and room service was exceptional.
The beds were comfy and loved the spa like bathroom.
I would say this was in the top 3 best hotel experiences I've had.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 19, 2014

This was my second stay at this location and it failed to live up to my original stay. I do have to give them kudos for accomidating my request to swicth rooms becasue my wife and I were originally in a adjourning room to some very loud patrons. The room we were moved to was not as nice as the one on our original stay. We were only staying for one night so I was suprised when my wife and I were awoken at 8:15 by the maid to clean our room. My experience at other establishments is that the housekeeping staff knows when you checked and then is when the room will be made up. Stay was only ok nothing exceptional.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Emma S, Guest Relations Manager at Westin St. Louis, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2014

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your recent experience and for being a loyal guest!

I sincerely apologize for the issues you experienced during your second stay with us. It is certainly not acceptable that you were woken up by one of the house keeping team at 8.15, we encourage our guests to put the do not disturb sign on the door however I am not sure if you had that displayed or one of the house keeping team failed to honor it.

I can assure you that we have addressed your valued feedback with our House Keeping team who will look to provide a much higher level of service in the future.

I am glad we managed to find you an alternate room which was more peaceful although I apologize you felt as though it was not up to standard with your original room. All room change requests are based on availability, however If you would have let one of the team know upon us showing you the new room we would have been happy to work out an alternate solution with you.

I sincerely apologize and we hope you will stay with us again for a much better experience.

Emma
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed May 16, 2014

We booked a room last minute and it was nothing but a treat. Rooms are big, awesome bathroom with steam shower and the service was amazing. Yvette at the front desk is amazing for taking care of my wife and two month old baby

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank JMDudu
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I recently rescued two chocolate lab pups from a kill shelter and was driving them across the country from California to Connecticut. A long and trying drive to be sure. Day three had me driving from Oklahoma City to St. Louis, where a friend was going to fly in and meet me for the day 4 drive from St. Louis to Columbus. At the end of the long drive, the pups and I rolled into the reception court at the Westin, St. Louis. My vehicle looked far from "valet front and center" but when the valets saw the pups, they were smitten and gladly let me park while I checked in. When I explained to the front desk attendant (Rachel? So sorry I forgot) that I had 5 month old puppies with me and needed two rooms preferably where we wouldn't be a disturbance to the other guests. She was so understanding and gave us connecting rooms on the top floor of the hotel, at the end of the hall so my pups would disturb no one. The rooms were beyond comfortable, and we had the most relaxing evening with a great room service dinner and we all slept on wonderfully comfortable beds. It was a much needed respite on a very stressful trip. I will forever remember the staff here as they were all so incredibly warm and welcoming. When we take the pups back to California for the winter, we will absolutely be staying here again!!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank AreDoubleYouDee
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I recently attended a conference which was held at this hotel. I am not sure of when the hotel was built, but it seems new. The room was very large, comfortable and clean. The conference area was clean and convenient. The hotel is directly across the street from the baseball stadium. The Cardinals played a couple of games while I was in town. Other than the fireworks for a home run, I could not hear much of the stadium noise. The only downside was the self-parking is an outdoor lot. There were storms passing through while I was in town and I was concerned about hail damage because my automobile was not inside. The staff, from the front desk to the restaurant, was courteous and professional. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: If the Cardinals are in town, ask for a room away from the stadium.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business