“FABULOUS”

Westin St. Louis
Ranked #20 of 121 Hotels in Saint Louis
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed September 18, 2013

This is hotel is top notch. Our room and all the staff were absolutely fabulous!!!! We loved our stay and our late night sandwich. The location was absolutely perfect. The beds and bedding were the best for a great night sleep. Thanks, Renee

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Christine C, Manager at Westin St. Louis, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Our Heavenly Beds are the perfect escape after a long day! Thank you for taking the time to share your comments; I'm thrilled to hear our associates are fabulous--we think they are too! We look forward to welcoming you back if and when your travels find you in St. Louis!

Reviewed September 18, 2013

If you're going to downtown St. Louis, this is an easy decision. Stay at the Westin St. Louis!! This incredibly well-located, classy, clean, and fun hotel is exactly what a traveler needs. Being directly across the street from beautiful Busch Stadium makes this hotel perfect when going to a Cardinals game. It is also very well located downtown just off the interstate for each on and off access. The rooms are very spacious, the beds are very comfortable, and the bathrooms provide a lot of room with tiles on the floors and walls giving a very nice touch of class. Another strong attribute for this hotel is the friendliness of the entire staff making the guests always feel right at home. The Clark Street Grill located in the lobby provides excellent buffet breakfast and a lunch and dinner menu with a wide variety of excellent choices. The best experience was sitting at the bar watching Monday Night Football with other guests and receiving top notch service from the best bartender in St. Louis, Dawn Graham. Be sure to stop in and tell her hello! This is a terrific hotel. It will always be my first choice of places to stay when going to St. Louis.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

I'm thrilled to know we're your first choice of the many hotels located in St. Louis! Our Clark Street Grill offers breakfast, lunch and dinners, with many menu choices so that each guest is sure to find something to delight their palate. Thank you for recognizing Dawn; I'm delighted to hear she offered top-notch service! Our historical building allows us to offer spacious guest rooms and spacious guest bathrooms, which make one feel right at home. We look forward to hosting you in the future!

Reviewed September 16, 2013

What a gem of a hotel. The rooms are large, clean with very comfortable beds. The staff is very professional and kind. It was a pleasure to deal with Yvette at the front desk. The Westin is fortunate to have her and others on their team. The location is ideal, next to the ballpark, restaurants and the metra train.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

We certainly are fortunate to have Yvette! Thank you for sharing comments from your recent stay with us; I'm thrilled to know our associates offered kind, yet professional service. Our convenient location is within walking distance of many attractions, sporting venues and public transportation. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed September 15, 2013

This was the best hotel I have ever stayed at. The service was superior and the room was in excellent condition. I very highly recommend that everyone "who can get" a reservation stays at this hotel. The vacation was defined based on the awesomeness of this hotel. Service was outstanding from Delavan who greeted me upon arrival, Yvette at the check-in desk, Derrick and Dia in the Grill, the young man who was mopping on the fifth floor who took the time to show me how to get across the bridge on the fourth floor, and others whose name I do not remember. Everyone I came in contact with had a very pleasant caring attitude and made me feel most welcome. I do plan to stay at this Westin next year and any other time I am in St. Louis. I like how spacious the rooms are, the separate shower and bath and I can't forget to mention the "Heavenly" bed, and pillows I rested on "All Night. No tossing and turning and no headache. I liked the quietness of the room, and the great location of the hotel, in walking distant to down town, what an awesome place to stay.
Thanks to the entire staff for a great three days.
Mildred Sanders

Room Tip: Choose a room on the West side, corner view or Bush Stadium great sights and view.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for so many compliments, and the high recommendation! Our associates truly love what they do and I'm thrilled it shows, and am delighted to know everyone displays such a pleasant, caring attitude. Our Heavenly Beds do leave one with a feeling of renewal after an essential night's sleep. We stand ready to serve on your next visit; thank you for taking the time to post your comments!

Reviewed September 11, 2013

My husband, our two boys, and our family dog traveled across country over the summer. One of our last stops was the Westin. It was a wonderful hotel! It was close to the Arch and to the Saint Louis Cardinals stadium. We ended up going to a game that evening. And had room service after the game.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

I'm thrilled to hear you had a wonderful stay! Westin is a pet friendly hotel, and we are delighted to welcome our four-legged friends! Our convenient location is steps away from major attractions and sporting venues; it's great you were able to take in a game during your visit. We look forward to welcoming you back if and when your travels find you in St. Louis!

Reviewed September 9, 2013

Being from St. Louis, my husband and I stayed for a night at the Westin St. Louis as a romantic "staycation" getaway. You can't beat the location - it's quiet, yet within walking distance of everything downtown, esp. Busch Stadium. The service was professional and accomodating; and the room was spapcious, clean, nicely decorated with comfortable beds/bedding. The restaurant actually had very good food but is still a bit overpriced, from my perspective. I'm guessing their target audience is probably business travelers??

Westin's big drawback was the paper-thin walls. You can clearly hear normal conversations next door and, even more so, their TV. Since our next-door TV wasn't exactly "blaring" by any standards, we didn't feel right about complaining to management. So, what was supposed to be a romantic, peaceful getaway was made a bit less peaceful and romantic.

Room Tip: If possible, ask for a room away from everything, including other travelers esp. when they're no...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MOGlobetrotter
Christine C, Manager at Westin St. Louis, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

I'm thrilled to hear our associates offered professional and accomodating service! Our location is perfect for that much needed 'stay-cation, within walking distance of many attractions, dining venues and the stadium. Our Clark Street Grill offers a variety of menu options for breakfast, lunch and dinner; this allows guests to choose from a number of offerings. I apologize for the noisy neighbors; I do wish we had more control over the TV volume in a guest's room. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future and thank you for sharing your comments!

Reviewed September 8, 2013

The Westin is a lovely hotel situated directly across the street from Busch Stadium if that is of interest to you. It appears to have been recently renovated. My daughter got married in St. Louis so a block of rooms was reserved for guests of the wedding, however they scattered us all over the hotel and we, the parents, were placed in a completely different building than the others, which involved one set of elevators for our building, a walk across the lobby, and another set of elevators in the main building where most of the other members of our families were staying. It made it more difficult to see our one-year-old grandson, and less convenient for hair & makeup in the bridal suite. If I had known this would be a possibility, I would have definitely called to request being near the others, but I assumed we would be situated near each other. So, word of advice--call ahead and find out where they're planning to locate you if this is of importance to you for any reason. Also, my sister requested (ahead of arrival) a room near the elevator as her husband has movement issues, but her request was ignored--maybe she should have requested an ADA room.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share comments from your daughter's very special day! We do our best to accomodate each individual guest's request for bed type and room type, which may prevent us from assigning rooms in a block next door to each other. We do offer ADA rooms which allow for ample movement within the guest room and guest bathroom. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!